Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

EF-111 sold me... Of course, its the only one i fly.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Those shots are straight out of the box, I have not done anything to change the way the textures look. Maybe my Enb series settings play tricks with the colors, not sure... The screenshots have only been resized
    Would you mind posting your ENB settings?

Thanks!
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Couldn't agree more !

note: This nice repaint was created by Gregory Paul and the scenery is Military AI Works RAF Lakenheath.
    Hi,

This is the 79th TFS repaint available?

Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    So...I have to ask...if you are strapped nice and tight into the F-111....can you see the wings and ord from the seat?

Mod's...what happen to the annoucement only threads? One again another product is being trashed and frankly.......I think it stinks. I left the scale aircraft modeling hobby even after being a successful IPMS competition modeler because the "HOBBY" got overwhelmed with the rivet counters who were NEVER satisfied.......I'm beginning to get that feeling here and now and it sucks.

I saw how razbam was complemented on a plane which shape is all wrong and sits completely wrong on the ground......but wait....you can see the wings from the cockpit. Amazing............

I have to say....I wonder why sometimes I even come here anymore. My only draw here lately have been the threads by Bomber 12th......thank god for him and his awesome planes.

Which RAZBAM bird are you referring too?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hi,
    This is the 79th TFS repaint available?

Thank you!
    Zsolt, go to the AVSIM library, then search for 79th_tiger.zip

If you search for "Gregory Paul", you will find more of his very good F-111 repaints.

cheers, Henk.

just another Pig fan...

g'day guys, my first post here, i'll also go over to the (look, it's me, i'm new here) threads a post a hello there

i was at RAAF Base Amberley when our first F111 arrived (saw her touch down) and recently sobbed like a girl when i watched them fly over on the last day
    (always said i'd cry like a girl on the last day, but i was brave and just sobbed a bit)
    i actually live quite close to Amberley and still enjoy seeing C17s and Super Hornets in the skies around here

you do not want to know my reaction when i saw the photos of them being buried in a local rubbish dump.....two reasons for that, apparently
    (1) the cost of de-commissioning them by making them 'safe' by removing all the nasty chemicals in them was cost prohibitive, and
    (2) some of them were nuclear capable, and the US has strict rules about the de-commissioning of these aircraft - they absolutely insist that they are destroyed

always been a big sim fan so have enjoyed the Alphasim Pig for many years, particularly since Karol Chlebowski started doing his magic on repaints and cockpit stuff
    in my first email to him about the Virtavia package i mentioned that i though the exterior views were a bit 'ordinary' and could do with some weathering and detail improvements
    his reply was basically "watch this space", and any of you who have seen his work will know what a perfectionist he is - i can assure you, there will be some VERY nice repaints from Karol for this package

bottom line is basically that this is the best opportunity to 'fly' this magic aircraft on FSX at the moment, and i for one am having a huge amount of fun doing just that

cheers for now

BP

PS apologies to any 'girls' i upset by my rude and mysogynist comments....

yum

VERY nice, quacker............

bp

I originally decided not to buy this model, but in the end i did. Main reason being is i will also purchase the other F-111 when it is released as well.

It's a rare aircraft in FSX, so why not have both of them.

Anyway here is one image i produced using the EF-111 variant.

[SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Superb image carbine!

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    I originally decided not to buy this model, but in the end i did. Main reason being is i will also purchase the other F-111 when it is released as well.

That really is a nice shot. Really shows the EF-111A in action. Thanks for sharing.

I have a weakness for the Area51 "black jets" and would like to see a flat black F-111 with low vis markings or none at all. Hint hint......

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post

This image looks nothing like the screen shots on the product pages. Completely different texture look and "feel". Almost begging me to buy!

Do the wings flex in real life. I am waiting for someone to make a video so i can see

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmechanic View Post
    Do the wings flex in real life. I am waiting for someone to make a video so i can see
    Not on the Virtavia model mate.

Real F-111 aircraft wings have a reasonable amount of flex, which varies under load stress.

I had a really good image of F-111 wing flex, but i cannot find it at the moment.

Cheers.

Thanks I will wait for the other F-111 to come out

55th TFS/20th TFW, based at RAF Upper Heyford, 1989:

I would love to see someone tackle this paint. It's one that has been pretty well ignored, but was really the one that started off the career of the F-111.

SAC, among others, remember?

Attachment 61849

Attachment 61850

Attachment 61851

Attachment 61852

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    It's sounding like a "must have" addition to my hangar. But first I need to know if the pilot relief tubes dump or not? If not then it's a "deal breaker" for me I'm afraid.
    MickeyD

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I would love to see someone tackle this paint. It's one that has been pretty well ignored, but was really the one that started off the career of the F-111.

SAC, among others, remember?

Attachment 61849

Attachment 61850

Attachment 61851

Attachment 61852
    39766 is in #2 and #3 of your pics.

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php

<center>FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military</center><center>FS2004 USAF F-111A Aardvark
    </center><center>[ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: 39766gw.zip Size: 2,418,176 Date: 07-16-2004 Downloads: 633
    FS2004 USAF F-111A Aardvark gray/white texture. Alphasim F-111A textures (BuNo 39766). Use these textures to create an early USAF gray/white Aardvark. These are the textures only - you must own the Alphasim F-111 to use these files. By Bill Browning.

I loved all of Bill Browning's repaints. I'll have to get this just to fly those again.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    55th TFS/20th TFW, based at RAF Upper Heyford, 1989:

Looks great well done.

Cheers.

Thanks Bone...I'll check it out.

Aircraft 73-0711 from the 495th TFS/48th TFW, RAF Lakenheath:

I used a picture I made of it when it appeared at the Twenthe AB airshow in Sep 1979. Also uploaded this one and the Upper Heyford one I did yesterday to the SOH Library (waiting for the screeners at this time, may take some time to appear)