Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

Looking good. Thanks hschuit and Zsolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey D View Post
    It's sounding like a "must have" addition to my hangar. But first I need to know if the pilot relief tubes dump or not? If not then it's a "deal breaker" for me I'm afraid.
    I'll pass that along to the developer. I'm sure he'll give it the consideration it deserves.

Sounds like the dumping is more a requirement for airliners. Ever taxi
    behind a row of parked 737's? Blue streaks on every one of them.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Sounds like the dumping is more a requirement for airliners. Ever taxi
    behind a row of parked 737's? Blue streaks on every one of them.
    Interestingly, many people think that airliners have the ability to dump at will, or in flight, as it were. Many think that because they see the blue streaks or hear stories of falling "blue ice" crashing through house roofs. Some even believe that we airline pilots make/take a lav dump when and where we please. Oh, if only! I can think of a few times and places where I would have hit the Blue Poop Pickle Button. Just in case anyone here is begotten with this ill notion, planes can only be dumped on the ground by a lav service vehicle. They hook the hose up to the lav dump receptacle, extracting the lav tank contents and recharging the blue juice (yes, we call it blue juice). The streaks you see on the aircraft sides come from residual blue juice at the lav dump receptacle.

When we are at the gate and are getting serviced after a flight...cleaning, catering, fuel, lav dump, ect...sometimes the lav dump guy forgets to come around, and we have to make a radio call to ramp ops to get the guy over to the plane. Some of us like to get on the radio and tell the ramp ops supervisor that we have a "code brown alert", just to have a little fun, lol.

Just a little anecdotal blither on the subject, sorry for the slight jack.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Interestingly, many people think that airliners have the ability to dump at will, or in flight, as it were. Many think that because they see the blue streaks or hear stories of falling "blue ice" crashing through house roofs. Some even believe that we airline pilots make/take a lav dump when and where we please. Oh, if only! I can think of a few times and places where I would have hit the Blue Poop Pickle Button. Just in case anyone here is begotten with this ill notion, planes can only be dumped on the ground by a lav service vehicle. They hook the hose up to the lav dump receptacle, extracting the lav tank contents and recharging the blue juice (yes, we call it blue juice). The streaks you see on the aircraft sides come from residual blue juice at the lav dump receptacle.

When we are at the gate and are getting serviced after a flight...cleaning, catering, fuel, lav dump, ect...sometimes the lav dump guy forgets to come around, and we have to make a radio call to ramp ops to get the guy over to the plane. Some of us like to get on the radio and tell the ramp ops supervisor that we have a "code brown alert", just to have a little fun, lol.

Just a little anecdotal blither on the subject, sorry for the slight jack.

Nice try,Bone...but we all know that those Chemtrails are backed up Blue Juice being dumped into the atmosphere! on the whim of the hysterical pilots
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Nice try,Bone...but we all know that those Chemtrails are backed up Blue Juice being dumped into the atmosphere! on the whim of the hysterical pilots
    Hehe.

RE airplanes,dumping,crap........

I was flying for Bankair and while sitting on taxiway Dixie at KATl saw something funny.

Sitting in line with the big boys we slowly crept closer and closer to being able to takeoff. In front of me was a 757 and in the number 2 pos was a old Fokker F-28.
    The number 1 blasted off and the Fokker was given pos and hold. The Fokker did not instantly start moving and in maybe 20 seconds later the 777 impatient Capt said, " Tower could you tell the Fokker Delta has a schedule?"

Then it happened.... The Fokker opened up its tail mounted speedbrake "clam shell" and "someone" transmitted a loud farting noise! There were a few seconds of dead silence which is rare on Atlanta's freqs then the Fokker slowly taxied into postion and took off.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post

I was flying for Bankair and while sitting on taxiway Dixie at KATl saw something funny.

Sitting in line with the big boys we slowly crept closer and closer to being able to takeoff. In front of me was a 757 and in the number 2 pos was a old Fokker F-28.
    The number 1 blasted off and the Fokker was given pos and hold. The Fokker did not instantly start moving and in maybe 20 seconds later the 777 impatient Capt said, " Tower could you tell the Fokker Delta has a schedule?"

Then it happened.... The Fokker opened up its tail mounted speedbrake "clam shell" and "someone" transmitted a loud farting noise! There were a few seconds of dead silence which is rare on Atlanta's freqs then the Fokker slowly taxied into postion and took off.
    Thank you for that! Freakin funniest thing i have heard in a while!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Remind me to tell ya about the Baron that taxied in with a pair of soiled underwear stuck to the tail or the passenger that peed into a fire extinguisher and discharged it in the cabin.

Ok, Back OT.

Bone, how did you address the blacked out view from the VC? I'm not seeing which texture is used for glass.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Bone, how did you address the blacked out view from the VC? I'm not seeing which texture is used for glass.
    Take the cfg from one of the FSX texture folders, such as the texture.camo, and then drop that in your FS9 paint folder. All of the FSX glass and common paint files that came with the FSX version will be used. If you do this, the only FS9 texture files you'll need are the 111bottop, 111else, 111sides, and 1111wings texture files. The other texture files found in the FS9 texture folder won't be used. You can take them out if you want, but if you leave them in it won't matter.

Just in case there's any confusion, the texture cfg that you need will contain:

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.shared
    fallback.2=..\texture.night

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post

Good story. There's so many like that, it's almost a constant carnival out there.

Thanks Zsolt. Your Ms. Liberty II looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Thanks Zsolt. Your Ms. Liberty II looks much better.
    Certainly does.

Thanks Zolt , D/load your Aussie No.6 squadron , think ill take for a ride through the South Island mountains , bit of display at Wanaka before returning to Christchurch .... :salute:

Can someone make a video of the F-111 i am kinda interested but i feel they left out a important wing flexing

No Flex

Sure. But it's a video of Mike Stone's F-111 circa 2008. Modified for FSX, and USAF paint, by Mark Rooks of FSDG. It's got shine. The wings extend (but don't flex?) when you extend the flaps. Oh, did you want 'wing view' with that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like 'all of this' has been 'done' before already?
    Link: http://youtu.be/Q-j_au6o0_Q .
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Like I've always said...if you can do it better....go for it and do it. I can't so I accept what is given to me to use.

Bone- You are right.

I want a gps in every plane whether it be a ww2 fighter,Tigermoth or modern jet. I spend 60 bucks on a plane that took 2 years to develop and then cnt e the engines. If the autopilot goes crazy when I exceed 4x time accel I get upset. Someone fix the man up a serving of wing flex.

Mini rant deleted.

Ok guys, one of his metric's is wing flex...and we all have a metric that we desire in a model that someone else around here finds silly. I'm not so sure he deserves to be beat up over this. He wasn't being unreasonable in what he said, on the contrary, he was quite diplomatic.

As always, I jumped straight in and made a 2D pit from a screencap of the VC .... bit of a pain replicating 'functions' that are hard-coded...but all the gauges work so far.
    Then added 'staged' AB effects.....
    I always liked the F111....met the pilot who did the dump and burn one year at Adelaide ...[the post-GrandPrix party at the Oval]....

I'll post a screenie of the 2D ....when it's not 2 am ....

BTW....all the armchair critics.....it's worth the money....;p

Attachment 62076
    Lining up at Tulla Airport [YMML] shows 'AB' .... knocking back the saturation tends to help 'em [poor man's weathering].
    Attachment 62077
    A wee bit low over Essendon [YMEN] ... 2D pit from the VC .... more to do, though as the gauges need some masking....the mirrors need to 'work' and the glass needs some alpha....and the hud glass... and...
    Attachment 62078
    My fave Alphasim/Virtavia ... [F105D] also over YMEN ... though this came from photos ... and was somewhat time consuming .... but maybe the degree of effort I'll put into the Aardvark...

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Zsolt is this paint and your TigerTail one available yet... and if so where please?

KR Matt

OK!

Soon.....the flightsim!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824