Microsoft Flight has detected a corrupted...

Thread: Microsoft Flight has detected a corrupted...

Hybrid View

Microsoft Flight has detected a corrupted...

"Microsoft Flight has detected a corrupted installation and will now exit."

Anyone else having this perpetual problem? Think I've deleted and re-installed about 5 times now. Flight will then run once. The next time I try to run I get that error message. Click the OK button and it exits to Windows. Getting fed up!
    Cheers,
    Dave

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Does this team have an email of which to ask for tech help?

Just curious.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hey Bill,
    Welcome! Funny, I was just re-installing your Epic LT (still a great add-on) on my updated to Win 7 FSX installation.

The official MS "Flight" site does have some troubleshooting tips, but it doesn't address this particular problem. I've tried excluding it from MS security essentials, but no luck.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Dave, I wonder if uninstalling, then reinstalling Flight is as problematic as with FsX. Perhaps using Revo uninstaller and then running a registry cleaner would allow you to reinstall without issues?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Alright, I've tried everything I can think of:

-I have a clean install of Win7 64 Ultimate with all available updates.
    -I've removed and re-installed flight numerous times.
    -I've tried removing and re-installing Windows Live sign-in assistant, but I get an error stating I have a newer version already installed.
    -I've tried the 'Run' commands listed in the Flight support error codes site.
    -I'm NOT going to try and mess around with anything in my registry!

Interestingly enough, when I loaded Flight up the first time on my VISTA installation, I got the same error. I removed and re-installed Flight on VISTA and it then worked just fine (until I screwed up my VISTA installation trying to update my video drivers - forcing the upgrade to Win7 a couple of days ago). I purchased and installed the Hawaiian pack with the RV-6 on VISTA, and it has carried over to my Win7 installation (confirmed when I can start Flight after a re-install). I wouldn't mind so much as I can run FSX better than ever after my upgrades, but I like Flight (when it runs) and I spent $20.00 on the Hawaii pack.

Does any know of a link to MS Flight support forums? If not, does anyone know how I can get a refund on the Hawaii pack? Such a shame as I think Flight really has potential.

PS: I'm heading out of town for a couple of days tonight.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Charter Member 2016
    Have you redownloaded the installer from Windows Live? Corrupted installer archives are usually the reason for such an error message. Your connection probably dropped a packet or two during the process of downloading the first time.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org