Installing Flight on a second computer?

Thread: Installing Flight on a second computer?

Installing Flight on a second computer?

Hi guys

At the moment I have Flight installed on my little laptop, and I wonder what will happen if I try to install it on my more powerfull desktop computer... When I log on to my Live account on the desktop machine I can image two rather different scenarios:

1) Live recognizes me and gives me the option of redownloading and installing the Adventure Pack which I have bought for my first installation

2) Live recognizes me and sees that I am trying to use the same payware on more than one computer and closes my Live account

Which one is the most realistic outcome of the experiment?

Best regards
    Kim

If you use the same GFWL logon you should be able to load everything on a second machine. However, you may lose some of your "rewards" which are stored on the local machine.

You can definitely install Flight on more than one computer. I installed on my crappy laptop about a week ago just to see what kind of performance I could get from Flight (being an older Dell, the performance was abysmal, so I uninstalled it). You will need to re-download any DLC packs you have purchased, but the process was painless and I was able to get all of my DLC added onto the laptop. You have to go through the first couple of missions (the hot air balloons, etc.) and then you're golden. All of your achievements will be recorded on your pilot profile, at least they were for me.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Actually, as long as you login to LIVE each time you fire up the laptop or PC, the Stats will be auto-synchronized between the two machines.

Of course you can only login to LIVE with one computer at a time, unless you have separate GamerIDs for both machines, and have purchased a license for the same DLC for each...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Question along similar lines ?

When I first downloaded and installed Flight , I didn't notice an option during the installation to change to another drive . It placed it in the C:/drive under Program Files(X86)/Microsoft Games . I have plenty of space there but would rather keep it out of C:/ and place it into another drive away from the Operating System(Win 7 (64bit) . I have not had any problems with it running in C:/ as a matter of fact , it runs quite well . Can you change drives without screwing the DLC's (Hawaiian Pack/Maule) or the awards and ratings ? I would rather not have to go through the Missions/Challenges as I just completed Level 11 and shooting for 12 and 13 .

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    When I first downloaded and installed Flight , I didn't notice an option during the installation to change to another drive . It placed it in the C:/drive under Program Files(X86)/Microsoft Games . I have plenty of space there but would rather keep it out of C:/ and place it into another drive away from the Operating System(Win 7 (64bit) . I have not had any problems with it running in C:/ as a matter of fact , it runs quite well . Can you change drives without screwing the DLC's (Hawaiian Pack/Maule) or the awards and ratings ? I would rather not have to go through the Missions/Challenges as I just completed Level 11 and shooting for 12 and 13 .

Rich
    Saw this over at AVSim's forum : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365322-...another-drive/

I'm not sure if anyone knows yet .

Rich

Hi

Thank you for the answers, now I feel more relaxed about doing a second installation!

Regards
    Kim