MS Flight, The Apocalypse -Oh! No!

Thread: MS Flight, The Apocalypse -Oh! No!

MS Flight, The Apocalypse -Oh! No!

First off this is not a knock on Flight at all because I understand what and why it is what it is. I'm taking it for no more or no less. I've been tinkering around with it since I DL'd it, but not actually trying to accomplish anything other than getting to know how it works.

Then a couple of days ago I decided that I wanted to start at the bottom of the map and actually find and land at every airport in the scenery. When I stop flying, I'm shutting down the aircraft and saving the flight so I can pick-up the next time from where I left off.

But yesterday afternoon while airport hopping I had this sudden sullen eery feeling creep into the flight experience...........

After landing at the first new airport I found, I shut down the aircraft, opened the cockpit and got out. I walked around looking at the aircraft from various angles and then saved the flight while I was outside of the aircraft. I wanted to see if that would actually work because it would be a cool feature if it did save you outside of your aircraft.

The feeling of empending doom started when I went to reload the saved flight. The flight loaded up just fine, but my airplane was gone. My first thought was that I did see it being moved along very slowly by what I was guessing was the wind, while I was outside the aircraft. Since my aircraft was still showing on the map as being in the area, I decided that maybe it had been blown down the hill or it was flying along overhead without me in it. Looking all over the sky and no sign of my plane, so it must have rolled down the hill somewhere into the woods.

I am using the weather theme "Among The Giants", so there are some low ominous clouds moving across the terrain and the windy is blowing eerily through the swaying trees.

So I decided to go searching for my missing aircraft on foot. As I wandered through the woods I realized I was getting lost. The eery wind was blowing and making the trees sway like in a spooky lost-in-the-woods movie. Then it started sinking in that in all of the flying I had done over various parts of the islands, there were no signs of human or animal life, no moving cars, no moving boats, no moving aircraft, even the waves on the beaches aren't moving and there's not a peep from anyone on the radio. The whole flight experience suddenly reminded me of flying along in a gloomy post-apocalyptic world and I am the only human left. To make matters even more ominous something has taken my aircraft, my only means of escaping the island and from what ever evil is stalking me in the woods.

Then I came upon a little animated stream in the woods that looked much like something you would see in Crysis or Half-Life. That's when I became covinced that I am in trouble.......All of the humans are dead, something has stolen my aircraft and I am wandering around in the spooky woods without any means of protecting myself from the dang zombies that most certainly watching my every move.

My current self-created adventure in Flight is feeling like a cross between "Lost" and the "Walking Dead". I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere on an island, somebody or something has my aircraft, and I just know the zombies are going to get me if I don't find that aircraft before the sun goes down.

FAC

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    First off this is not a knock on Flight at all because I understand what and why it is what it is. I'm taking it for no more or no less. I've been tinkering around with it since I DL'd it, but not actually trying to accomplish anything other than getting to know how it works.

Then a couple of days ago I decided that I wanted to start at the bottom of the map and actually find and land at every airport in the scenery. When I stop flying, I'm shutting down the aircraft and saving the flight so I can pick-up the next time from where I left off.

But yesterday afternoon while airport hopping I had this sudden sullen eery feeling creep into the flight experience...........

After landing at the first new airport I found, I shut down the aircraft, opened the cockpit and got out. I walked around looking at the aircraft from various angles and then saved the flight while I was outside of the aircraft. I wanted to see if that would actually work because it would be a cool feature if it did save you outside of your aircraft.

The feeling of empending doom started when I went to reload the saved flight. The flight loaded up just fine, but my airplane was gone. My first thought was that I did see it being moved along very slowly by what I was guessing was the wind, while I was outside the aircraft. Since my aircraft was still showing on the map as being in the area, I decided that maybe it had been blown down the hill or it was flying along overhead without me in it. Looking all over the sky and no sign of my plane, so it must have rolled down the hill somewhere into the woods.

I am using the weather theme "Among The Giants", so there are some low ominous clouds moving across the terrain and the windy is blowing eerily through the swaying trees.

So I decided to go searching for my missing aircraft on foot. As I wandered through the woods I realized I was getting lost. The eery wind was blowing and making the trees sway like in a spooky lost-in-the-woods movie. Then it started sinking in that in all of the flying I had done over various parts of the islands, there were no signs of human or animal life, no moving cars, no moving boats, no moving aircraft, even the waves on the beaches aren't moving and there's not a peep from anyone on the radio. The whole flight experience suddenly reminded me of flying along in a gloomy post-apocalyptic world and I am the only human left. To make matters even more ominous something has taken my aircraft, my only means of escaping the island and from what ever evil is stalking me in the woods.

Then I came upon a little animated stream in the woods that looked much like something you would see in Crysis or Half-Life. That's when I became covinced that I am in trouble.......All of the humans are dead, something has stolen my aircraft and I am wandering around in the spooky woods without any means of protecting myself from the dang zombies that most certainly watching my every move.

My current self-created adventure in Flight is feeling like a cross between "Lost" and the "Walking Dead". I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere on an island, somebody or something has my aircraft, and I just know the zombies are going to get me if I don't find that aircraft before the sun goes down.

FAC

....and then I came upon a coconut bra hanging on a branch. BOO!

Lost my plane that way too but I was able to reselect it and start it at the runway. I also had a missing plane after downloading the Mustang preview ~ it was just circling around an empty parking spot ~ until the next time I launched Flight.

Enjoyed your write up.

When the zombie apocalypse happens I'm gonna be a cameraman. The zombies never seem to attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikrco View Post
    ....and then I came upon a coconut bra hanging on a branch. BOO!
    Come to think of it, didn't voodoo zombies in old black and white horror flicks sometimes wear coconut bras?

The plot thickens.

FAC

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Great story FAC. Loved reading it..

I could see in my mind all the details, lol... May you find your sharp A5 soon and continue on your adventures...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write