Alaska Pack- sreen shots

Thread: Alaska Pack- sreen shots

Yowsers!

Yup I have a feeling they'll be getting my money. Sneaky bastards!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The question for me is whether it looks any better than FS9 with Sandmann's Glacier Bay added on. Same thing with Hawaii, is it better than FS9 with Bill Lyons' Golden Hawaii added on. One must also take into account that the FS9 addons both have AI traffic.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I remember getting FS2004 and doing the missions (flights back then) in FS9 in Alaska. I was in total astonishment, the flights had fog and cool mountains. For several weeks I flew Alaska. Hope was my fave dirt strip and someone created a nice freeware airport of it.

I will not be running Flight on my rig, but I envy you guys that will have Alaska in it. Nice...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I remember getting FS2004 and doing the missions (flights back then) in FS9 in Alaska. I was in total astonishment, the flights had fog and cool mountains. For several weeks I flew Alaska. Hope was my fave dirt strip and someone created a nice freeware airport of it.

I will not be running Flight on my rig, but I envy you guys that will have Alaska in it. Nice...
    Bill,
    May I ask why not?
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Bill,
    May I ask why not?
    Rick
    Just from reading his sig, his system is a little on the low end to run Flight. His video card more spacifically. I dont think he would get a good experience with that system.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Crap! Just when I thought I was out they suck me back in.......
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

The mountains make this interesting. The Icon A5 should be fun in Alaskan scenery.

They aren't putting in much effort on the cities though. The city shot is Anchorage (based on the mountains), but that is not even remotely close to what downtown looks like. Their autogen needs a different code.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Bill,
    May I ask why not?
    Rick
    Hey Rick,

As the new windows chose to not let us develop for this new sim, locking us out, I decided not to go with it. It sounds perhaps small of me to make this call, but I came into FS because on the package of the sim at the time, it said 'this package contains Gmax and you have the ability to make planes for this simulator. Thats is why I got into this was to make my own idea's and concepts for planes. The sim was 'secondary' as I wanted to make planes (not so much buy a particular sim).

Thats why. There are several sims coming out. I look forward to 'AeroFly FS' and a few others (Outerra).

Nothing against Flight.

May it do well, and may the people that fly in it have awesome fun with it. I enjoy hearing all the good feedback on it. Always great to hear positive news. I am so tired of negative reports.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill, I use Flight simply to enjoy flying. I still develop and test in FS9 and FSX. So, my use of Flight is in many ways similar to you using that online game playing an airline magnate...

...it's just another way to relax. No bloody tweaking needed; just plain fun!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I read in a magazine that Flight is developing a falcon jet . Anyone hear about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    I read in a magazine that Flight is developing a falcon jet . Anyone hear about this ?
    Someone, somewhere posted a picture purported to be a Falcon jet inside Flight. I think that got poo-pooed fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Someone, somewhere posted a picture purported to be a Falcon jet inside Flight. I think that got poo-pooed fairly quick.
    If a Falcon is planned that would suggest they're going to expand to other types of aircraft and quite possible expand the size of the flyable world.

I wouldn't complain about that.

I spent some time with Flight last weekend and though I find it pretty it just doesn't grab me.. Though I will probably buy the Alaska, I am going to wait and see what people say first... I have a hard time with no vehicles on the roads, and no AI aircraft. PHNL looks terrible without any planes parked there, just some static planes would have been nice!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

With Alaska, the lack of vehicles on the road wont be as much of a factor. Since there arnt many roads IN Alaska!!! Hah! Bears. That would be more interesting then scripted line of cars on the spline. Plus lots of duct tape to patch up the Maule AFTER the bears are done with it...
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller