New Freeware Photo Sceneries Released

Thread: New Freeware Photo Sceneries Released

New Freeware Photo Sceneries Released

After a rather extended vacation (read: burnout), I've decided to start dabbling in photo scenery again. The USGS has some better quality "orthoimagery" available these days. I have a couple of new sceneries available.

The first, is a small photo scenery of Lake Ridge Aero Park (8NC8) in the Durham, NC area. It was a request from someone who lives there and was able to take some photos for the building textures. This one uses 1m/pixel for the ground texture resolution.

The second scenery is Page, AZ covering 40 miles x 40 miles, done at 2m/pixel. It includes much of Lake Powell as well as the Marble Canyon area.

Both sceneries include FSX water, night textures and a blend mask to transition to the default scenery. They also include custom models with LODs and AFCADs to correct the airports to more closely resemble reality. I don't like flying over a picture, so they also include lots of carefully placed autogen.

The next project is a bit larger. I'm currently working on a 60 mile x 83 mile photo scenery covering the Prescott to Sedona area. It started as a 60 mile square centered on Prescott, but when I noticed how close it was to Sedona, I had to expand it. Then I saw it almost included Flagstaff, but resisted the urge...so far. There are lots of screen shots on the linked pages as well as a download link. This is a sample from the airport at Cottonwood, AZ.

Finally, in the next day or two, I'll post a library of water tower models that was done by request. It may be useful for someone

Looks very nice, downloading Page now, not getting to fly there right now, but I´m looking forward to do so later! Thank you!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Thanks for Page. Was looking for something for the north end of the GC. I have Holger's great GC scenery but it stops a few miles south of Marble Canyon. Now there is only a very small gap between sceneries which is tolerable since I'm using FSGensis stuff as a base. Really like your static AC as well.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what