Question About "Flight"

Thread: Question About "Flight"

Question About "Flight"

I decided to be open-minded and give it a try. I downloaded and installed
    without a hitch. Ran through the two training scenarios. Then I tried to fly the
    STearman. It asked me to connect with "Live." Somehow it seemed to have a user
    nickname/Id for me that I don't recmember creating. I took a guess at the
    password (one I use a lot) and it seemed to advance. But then it asked me for a
    product key, as if I bought "Flight". Naturally, I don't have a product key
    because I didn't buy anything. The game is supposed to be free.

Can anyone tell me why it is asking me for the product key? Am I supposed to buy
    something first?

Also, when I installed the game it said I had a "Live" account. Heck if I remember it, but I must've obtained/registered for one a year or so ago. My email and everything has changed. What do I do if I have a problem with my Live account?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I do not have this sim, but I wonder if they will simply email it to you via your MS Live system? Have you tried the MS messenger? Maybe it is in there.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

First of all, if you've ever used Internet Explorer utilities like Messenger, hotmail, etc, then you probably had a "live" account. You have to sign into "Live" in order to use them. I think a lot of folks did it a long time ago and just don't remember. Same here really except that I keep a running text file of all the user ID and passwords for everything I sign into so I just went back and got it from my list.

As far as having to pay for anything, nope no way you should unless you somehow clicked on a "purchase Hawaii" button at some point by mistake.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    First of all, if you've ever used Internet Explorer utilities like Messenger, hotmail, etc, then you probably had a "live" account. You have to sign into "Live" in order to use them. I think a lot of folks did it a long time ago and just don't remember. Same here really except that I keep a running text file of all the user ID and passwords for everything I sign into so I just went back and got it from my list.

As far as having to pay for anything, nope no way you should unless you somehow clicked on a "purchase Hawaii" button at some point by mistake.:salute:
    I did not click on the purchase Hawaii button. I tried to fly the Stearman and that's what happened. It goes into Live where it then asks me for a product key, which is like 16 digits and/or letters. This happened after I successfully completed the two missions in the Icon.

Maybe this might be of help . I didn't have the Product key issue and I already had an ID/password from Internet Explorer as mentioned above .

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...he-product-key

Rich

There is a forum here now for Flight: perhaps the guys there might know?

edit: of course they do, thanks Crusader!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7