No stuttering at all.

Thread: No stuttering at all.

No stuttering at all.

So far, Flight runs very smoothly. No stuttering or intermittent lock-up/pausing. I'm feeling very immersed at times with this new game (no doubt it's a game). I'm actually enjoying the heck out of it so far. So much so that I forked over the cash and installed the Hawaiian pack with the RV-6.

I've heard that 'Flight' relies more on your graphics card than it does the CPU. If that's the case, I'm now seriously considering replacing my old GeForce 8800GTX with something a bit more updated. I've thought about it in the past, but never took the plunge as I didn't think it would help some of FSX's ills (primarily stuttering).
    Cheers,
    Dave

As Gibbage said in another thread,
    The lack of stuttering is most likely due to MS Flight not being cluttered with any port-over/backwards compatibility source codes...(to paraphrase).....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    As Gibbage said in another thread,
    The lack of stuttering is most likely due to MS Flight not being cluttered with any port-over/backwards compatibility source codes...(to paraphrase).....
    If MS ever decides to update (conventional) Flightsim, they should ditch backwards compatability then.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    What also helps for now is the lack of ATC, AI, traffic on the roads and water.. But yeah, it runs pretty smooth!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    What also helps for now is the lack of ATC, AI, traffic on the roads and water.. But yeah, it runs pretty smooth!
    Shut that off in FSX. See how many frames you pick up. 5. Maybe 10? It helps, yes, but cant fully explain the level of performance boost Flight gives you. Check Costco Catalogue and Harvey Norman Catalogue.

FSX on my computer. Tweaked like MAD. Best I can get is 30FPS at 1280x720. Thats just with OrbX PNW.

Flight, with everything maxed, I get a steady 60FSP at 1920x1200.

No ammount of tweaking will get FSX to perform as well as Flight.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller