Cargo Haulers - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cargo Haulers

Charter Member 2016
    WIP of my livery for the Cargo C1A. Needs some better weathering, an alpha channel, and some other things I've got in mind.
    Attachment 60779
    Attachment 60780
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    WIP of my livery for the Cargo C1A. Needs some better weathering, an alpha channel, and some other things I've got in mind.
    Attachment 60779
    Attachment 60780
    Looking good!

Update on my Cargo Paint, Logo applied, but still need to add some mud splashes, and figure out the flight suit so I can change it, and where a couple antenna's are located on the paint kit....

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heavy metal!

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    Update on my Cargo Paint, Logo applied, but still need to add some mud splashes, and figure out the flight suit so I can change it, and where a couple antenna's are located on the paint kit....

Congratulations Astoroth!

A real aircraft - living, breathing, smelly heaven.

That plane's been places, hauled cargo and gone through it all.
    You know your way around aircraft, went to the trouble of researching your subject and man it shows!

And now its going to continue its long service in my skies too!
    Glad you took the courage to kick the rust, but Pete's ideas on mud and grime on the undies sounds nice.

A 'looking forward to'... very much on my schedule.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Beautiful paint job Astoroth! Puts a smile on my face:ernae:

Antennas can be found on the tailsc1a.bmp.

Nice work so far.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2020
    Nice paint

I can just see Ghost Air Freight appearing out of the murky skies delivering the cargo to the locals in the far off isolated communities.

Well done Astoroth

Pete.

Now it needs Nav lights on it.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

When Milton's fine stable of singles and twins just can't do the job .... this is my favorite cargo hauler.
    The L-1049 with the non radar nose and without tip tanks by Manfred Jahn and team wearing a repaint in Lufthansa colors by Gary Harper.

after all....
    "when you can handle three tails at the same time, you can call yourself a real man"

Cheers
    Stefan

Great choice too. I still fly John Howard White's L-049 :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post

I LOVE IT!!! "Just another old beat up cargo transport plane, the "Grey Ghost". You could park it on any ramp, at any airport, and no-one would ever know it was there." Excellent Brushwork, Astoroth! I can't wait for this one!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Great choice too. I still fly John Howard White's L-049 :-)
    That one is still quite nice .... have you tried our recently added L-049 version ?? It is basically Manfred's L-749 model re-engined and with a modified cockpit to include the eyebrow windows visually and a FDE specifically for that version of the Connie.

Stefan

Wow! That oncoming shot looks great with that old aluminum weathered skin. Very nice!

You have done some good work there Astoroth.

Mr Milton,

I am cruising the old beaten up AC50 in fsx. All is OK, except for the flashing strobe on the instrument panel. Any words of wisdom? When it comes to these things I am about as sharp as a bowling ball and just as dense.

Daniel
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Boy, I aliased the sound Nigel made for the Grumman C1A to Milton's Howard 500 and that sucker sounds good as all get out!

You da man Nigel! :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Attachment 60779
    Attachment 60780
    That is an awesome paint job! I would love to get a copy of that repaint when it's completed... perhaps a small N Number under the horiz. stab and both clean/ dirty versions?

Oh... is yours for FS 9, or for FSX?

Thanks!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Mr Milton,

I am cruising the old beaten up AC50 in fsx. All is OK, except for the flashing strobe on the instrument panel. Any words of wisdom? When it comes to these things I am about as sharp as a bowling ball and just as dense.

Daniel

Are you sure it is the strobe? Maybe the beacon?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Could be the beacon. The panel flashes red. I like to fly with my strobe and beacon on. All identifying lighting, I don't transport paraphanalia. But we do not have the highest transport prices either. The AC50 is still my fav AC. We'll wash her when we get at least a buck ahead and can afford the soap!

Daniel
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Could be the beacon. The panel flashes red. I like to fly with my strobe and beacon on. All identifying lighting, I don't transport paraphanalia. But we do not have the highest transport prices either. The AC50 is still my fav AC. We'll wash her when we get at least a buck ahead and can afford the soap!

Daniel
    In the FS9 version I released, I put in a modified fx_beacon effect to eliminate that.

You might check your FSX Effects folder to see if you have it:
    light.4=1, -1.1, 0.0, -4.65, fx_beacon_commander.fx ,

If not, download the attached, unzip and put in your effects folder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I decided to go ahead with uploading the C-1A Cargo Hauler with "mgr's" base textures to keep the ball rolling here.

This unit has two models: both are the standard C-1A with a cargo outfitting. Both models can be painted using Marcel's paint kit.
    But one model has reflectivity built in and the main exterior body parts texture names must have the _t appended to the texture names to work and to provide the reflective properties.

To reduce the size of the download, I also aliased the panel and sounds to the original C-1A. Of course you can change that as you wish to any of the models, or copy the panel and sounds to this aircraft folder.

The paint kit is here: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...a-paintkit.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Don't forget to change the pilots clothing. I don't think a bushy would be wearing a flt suit and nifty helmet!
    Quite right! As befits a worn out tramp cargo hauler operating in the bush, your "Grey Ghost" crew proudly wears their uniform of red plaid flannel hunting shirts, brown leather vests, and "Dallas Cowboys" helmets.

I tried adding some dirt streaks to the underside to show that she is truly a bushy, landing off airport, but I couldn't make it convincing. I would rather leave it without the dirt than do it poorly, so clean she is.

I would like to thank all of you that have commented on the progress pictures and given encouragement, it means a lot.
    Also many, many thanks to Milton for agreeing to do the cargo version, and the base version in the first place! Also for pointing out where to find those antenna that I had missed earlier! Thanks a million!
    And also, many thanks to Marcel Ritzema for the great paintkit, well done my friend!

I think the crew is going to be the final touch to this version, there's not much else besides weathering and dirt, and my limited skills are just not up to that.

Oh! This repaint will be for the non-reflective model, as Milton has pointed out there will be both. Make sure you apply it to the right one!

Will upload it as soon as Milton's cargo model upload is available.

Thanks!
    ~A~

SOH-CM-2023
    Here's my contribution to the Cargo birds.... Just finished this up this morning and I hadn't even seen the thread about the cargo version yet....

Air Cargo Ltd. is the name I slap on all my cargo birds (sort of a one man *me* Cargo VA)

Looking forward to slapping this paint on a dedicated Cargo model.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Beautiful work Brian; I love that scheme.

The C-1A Cargo variant is now available for download.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5553
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Milton for the Cargo Trader!:ernae:

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for the cargo hauler Milton.

Looking forward to the various textures that are being worked on for this hard working Grumman.

Brian your new cargo paint is great.

Pete.