Cargo Haulers - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cargo Haulers

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Nothing to do with stress. Lots to do with workload and keeping things simple and consistent. The fuselage map group has a lot of complications that I do not wish to revisit. Way too many hours messing with that across 7 Grumman variants.

EDIT: Added some cargo boxes and net. Still looking for a texture artist for a release texture. Can be very plain ... a base texture.
    Looks great Milton and as far as paint how about what it is in the pics maybe add a N number to it, since the paint kit is out I'm sure there will paints forth coming.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Charter Member 2016
    I'm working on something. It'll be plain... my repaint skills may leave a bit to be desired... and it amy take a few days to be ready, since I've got school and work taking away all my precious flying time, but never fear, you'll get it.
    I've imagined something in black, red, and yellow - "Hot Coals Cargo," out of Skagway.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

I think I can do basic. Will the regular C-1 paintkit still fit and where can I get it?

(this could be the start of a paint contest :d)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...a-paintkit.zip

I'm working on one too, but it won't be fancy. Old, worn out and rusty...

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Looks great Milton and as far as paint how about what it is in the pics maybe add a N number to it, since the paint kit is out I'm sure there will paints forth coming.
    Reddog, that is mgr's paint scheme that I used for test but erased alot of the details (without permnission). So I will not use this.

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    I'm working on something. It'll be plain... my repaint skills may leave a bit to be desired... and it amy take a few days to be ready, since I've got school and work taking away all my precious flying time, but never fear, you'll get it.
    I've imagined something in black, red, and yellow - "Hot Coals Cargo," out of Skagway.
    That is great! Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I think I can do basic. Will the regular C-1 paintkit still fit and where can I get it?

(this could be the start of a paint contest :d)
    Yes, teh C-1A paint kit applies here. Thanks Willy.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...a-paintkit.zip

I'm working on one too, but it won't be fancy. Old, worn out and rusty...
    Sounds great!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Charter Member 2016

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH! Another request!

Sorry - one more bothersome request of you. I know we ask a bit much sometimes...
    but could you enable reflections on the bush version of the C1A? I don't absolutely need it, but I would rather like it.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Sorry - one more bothersome request of you. I know we ask a bit much sometimes...
    but could you enable reflections on the bush version of the C1A? I don't absolutely need it, but I would rather like it.
    I'll consider it.

EDIT: Considered and completed. I am keeping the two models separate because the texture names are different (with the _t) and this one does not match up with the paint kit texture names; uses the same paint kit but the names had to change to add reflections.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you for the C1A conversion Milton, looks good with a load of boxes. Found these two cargo haulers in one of the company hangars:

British STOL classic, will haul 3300 lbs @ full fuel.

A fine piece of German engineering, good for 1000 to 1200 lbs of cargo @ full fuel.

Al

Great aircraft examples Al. Really like the first, but the second takes the "Uniqueness" award. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

When it's large loads and short hauls, these usually get the call

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

My Cargo version WIP

Oxidized bare metal with rust spots....

Still working on it, but it's coming along. A few touch up's to do, should be ready in a couple days.

Still working on it, but it's coming along. A few touch up's to do, should be ready in a couple days.
    Don't forget to change the pilots clothing. I don't think a bushy would be wearing a flt suit and nifty helmet!

CargoWet'n'Dry.....

Attachment 60705

CargoAuntieYuu....

Attachment 60706

CargoWhimsy46.....

Attachment 60707

Cargo VenetianExpresso....

Attachment 60708

CargoLighterThanAir.....

Attachment 60709

Errr....aluminum doesn't 'rust' as such and certainly not to a red/brown colour. It does oxidize to a white powder when exposed to the elements though. You only see red rust on iron/steel parts.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Errr....aluminum doesn't 'rust' as such and certainly not to a red/brown colour. It does oxidize to a white powder when exposed to the elements though. You only see red rust on iron/steel parts.
    Well, this particular bird has evidently been reclad in something other than aluminum, 'cause it's rusting away, lol. It's definately fictional, and Rustbucket Air Freight don't fly birds straight off the line...

In game shot, before the lettering and such....

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Don't forget to change the pilots clothing. I don't think a bushy would be wearing a flt suit and nifty helmet!
    Yup, that's on my to do list, thanks!

"....aluminum doesn't 'rust' as such and certainly not to a red/brown colour. It does oxidize to a white powder when exposed to the elements though. You only see red rust on iron/steel parts." Tako_Kichi beat me to it.

Would you consider a bit less "rust"?

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Don't forget to put lots of nicks and scratches on the prop blade leading edges too. And if the mapping will allow it, you could also put a streak of mud down the center of the belly.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2020
    Love the 'old' look

Maybe the brown 'rust' could be mud splatters , as I'm sure this one's been in and out of some pretty rough strips.

Pete.

Well, this particular bird has evidently been reclad in something other than aluminum, 'cause it's rusting away, lol. It's definately fictional, and Rustbucket Air Freight don't fly birds straight off the line...

In game shot, before the lettering and such....
    Really nice!!!

That looks real good Astoroth.

You must have been flying into some of those mountain air strips. Got some of that red mountain mud on it.

Oops! Pete I just seen you had the same idea about the mud. Up towards the mountains of North Carolina there is some of the purest reddest mud I have ever seen and Astoroth's red markings look exactly like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    "....aluminum doesn't 'rust' as such and certainly not to a red/brown colour. It does oxidize to a white powder when exposed to the elements though. You only see red rust on iron/steel parts." Tako_Kichi beat me to it.

Would you consider a bit less "rust"?

- H52
    Okay, okay, you guys win, no rust.....

Okay, okay, you guys win, no rust.....
    why not both schemes??

yes that is about right..!! nice job..!!

rgds
    t creed

I liked the red clay mud.

Maybe make it appear it spun off the tires onto the airframe. Yeah and some red mud chalk imbedded in the tires. Kind of like it's seen a lot of going in and out of some rough mountain strips a lot.

I thought this thread was going to produce some good weathering repaints. Those plastic modeler buffs have made it into works of art.

Well I guess I better pipe down I can't even paint.

P.S. Love the Twin Beech Willy, but that texture downlaod link isn't working.