Cargo Haulers - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Cargo Haulers

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    If I need cargo hauled, these are the ones I often use.
    Regarding that An-12 in your pic, Andre... if that's Vladimir's "An-12BK", it is one of the best models I have seen, and represents the real plane very nicely.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Regarding that An-12 in your pic, Andre... if that's Vladimir's "An-12BK", it is one of the best models I have seen, and represents the real plane very nicely.

BB686:USA-flag:
    Yes, that is Vladimir's An-12BK and it is a great plane, I use it to haul cargo into many of Africa's lesser known airports. Painting it was a challenge, the texture mapping over the nose is 'interesting'.
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Members +
    nearest airport = KBDL; home airport = KNEW
    This has been a most enjoyable challenge, and it's now mostly finished. I still have to tweak the bottom of the stripe around the nose, as well as provide the crew with flight gear more suitable to the climate and mission. Sincere thanks to Milton for the model, and Marcel for the paint kit.

Attachment 61915 Attachment 61916

Very nice work there Phil
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members +
    Thanks again, Milton. Right after I posted those, I read the thread from the beginning, and noticed you'd called for a couple of generic liveries. There are few paint jobs I'm aware of that are more generic than the "blue bib" scheme on the default DC-3, so I decided to see whether I could do something with it. I took a copy of what I'd originally done and ripped out all the fancy stuff, coming with the paint job below as of about half an hour ago.

Attachment 61938 Attachment 61939

I've come to the conclusion that this one I should have tried first ...

LOL Phil. Beautiful. Yes, I was hoping someone would do a couple generic schemes that could have been part of the initial release. I decided to just put her out there and see what comes. This one is great! :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL Phil. Beautiful. Yes, I was hoping someone would do a couple generic schemes that could have been part of the initial release. I decided to just put her out there and see what comes. This one is great! :-)
    What he said looking forward to both of them.
    Any update on the turboprop version?
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

For the turboprop version, the S2T, the flight model is in development/refinement stage, and the panel is in-progress. Still much to do there yet.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I'm off again long distance in the Twin Beech cargo. You can't keep a good plane down :d.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-Adventure-II
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Milton, I'm off again long distance in the Twin Beech cargo. You can't keep a good plane down :d.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-Adventure-II
    Willy, I think you have more hours in that than I do, as probably do many other people based on all the repaints, panel updates, FSX conversions, etc at the other sites.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Willy hauling cargo in an.....Avia?

Willy, I think you have more hours in that than I do, as probably do many other people based on all the repaints, panel updates, FSX conversions, etc at the other sites.
    Got to hand it to our good Gentleman Willy; He has an eye for exceptionally outstanding aircraft.

I very much doubt whether the last word has been said on the twin Beech either...infact it could be said, some have not yet had their say...

Now, in the meantime, I wonder what it would take, to get Willy into one of the Avias.

The thought had crossed my mind that Matt might come up with a little clandestine op involving masking tape, a wooden chair and one or two other items...Matt?
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    Now, in the meantime, I wonder what it would take, to get Willy into one of the Avias.
    We tested it for the race and that Avia just doesn't have the range that the Beech 18 does. (probably because of the unnecessary extra motor ) I've heard from usually reliable sources that the more engines an aircraft has the safer it is in case one fails. I figure that the more engines you have the better the chance that you'll have engine failures and two is a proper amount for both safety and dependability. Thus, Beechcraft got it right with Twin Beech not only in the number of engines but also in a handy smallish size that is perfect for the kind of out of the way air strips that Merc Air flies in and out of a lot while still carrying a useful cargo. Plus including C-45s and AT-11s, they made thousands and thousands of Twin Beeches. Just the ticket for not being noticed. (Or if you're needing replacement parts in the middle of nowhere and there's another Beech parked nearby)

I've flown the Twin Beech in that paint around the world once, from London to Melbourne twice, hauled cargo from one end to the other of the Andes and I'm getting ready to fly it on another long trip in this year's spring event.

LOL Willy understands his business well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, your Beech 18 is a very popular aircraft. We've even held a online race just using them.

You know what would be fantastic for the Twin Beech? One of Nigel's fantastic sound packs!! There are loads of videos of the Twin Beech, and any of Bobby Younkin flying his in an airshow would get the most awesome ones. I realize, inside sounds might be kind of hard to come by, tho.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, it is on the books...

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    You know what would be fantastic for the Twin Beech? One of Nigel's fantastic sound packs!! There are loads of videos of the Twin Beech, and any of Bobby Younkin flying his in an airshow would get the most awesome ones. I realize, inside sounds might be kind of hard to come by, tho.

Hi Don

Thanks for the kind mention Sir. :salute:

I've been gathering material for this subject for well over a year and thankfully more than half of the 2+ gigas is interior material of remarkable quality.

Having said that; yes, it is my intention to create a new soundset to do justice to what can only be described as one of the most exceptional aircraft ever to grace our virtual skies.

So the awesome challenge stands.
    This must not be misinterpreted as an underestimation of the existing soundset however.
    It has served us all superbly and indeed provided a useful personal yardstick for a very long time indeed.

There will be those unwilling to make any change whatsoever, and I would be the last person on earth to question their choice.

If you're perfectly happy with what you have got, stick to it!

The meaningless pastime of developer competition in FS is a waste of good rescources and often proves detrimental to the healthy expansion of our community.

What does excite me is providing folk with choice, flexibility and variety.
    His or hers, best or worse are of no personal consequence and are simply false dilemmas.

But back to the present, and a schedule which must be met including;

Avia 57 soundset
    Dash -7 'Quad Otter'
    Avia Traffic/Scenery 'Cheb' project

...and by no means least, an awesome array of work for the Lockheeds.

So obviously the Beech won't materialise overnight.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I've been using a modified set of the sounds that came with the Beech 18. I replaced the starter sounds with those for a Coffman starter. I just like those better and no battery is needed. That way I can use the battery compartment for secret stowage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffman_engine_starter

Members +
    This C-1 is just about complete ...

Attachment 63020

... and the exercise is becoming habit-forming.

Attachment 63021

Barataria? I used to go fishing there in a home made pirouge.

Nice paints! Which DC-3 is that?

Absolutely beautiful work Phil
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members +
    Barataria? I used to go fishing there in a home made pirouge.

Nice paints! Which DC-3 is that?
    It's Manfred Jahn's C-47. There's a nice paint kit for the FSX version, but it's perfectly usable for FS9 if you reduce the images to 1024s.

The carrier is entirely fictional - basically something I made up to put a fancy paint job on the C-1A - but, of course, one thing leads to another ...

Absolutely beautiful work Phil
    Thanks again, Milton. I've certainly had some wonderful models and handy paint kits to work with, not to mention the legacy of the excellent painters in this forum. I'm already thinking of repainting the cargo version of your D18S next. Back when I was in high school, there was one of these, along with a small fleet of PBYs and a two or three B-25s that were regulars on the ramp at KNEW. Those memories were rattling around in the back of my mind when I started the C-1 project, a couple of weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by philmoberg View Post
    The carrier is entirely fictional - basically something I made up to put a fancy paint job on the C-1A - but, of course, one thing leads to another ...
    I was thinking maybe a Jean Lafitte connection?

Members +
    I was thinking maybe a Jean Lafitte connection?
    Yes indeed, with respect to Bayou Barataria and Ile de Barataria, which were where Capt. Lafitte (his position - not to mention his reputation - at the time, was somewhat more nebulous that the history books would have it ) had his encampment(s). From KNEW this is approx 19.2 NM, heading 196 (more or less: the USGS quads note that several of the boundaries are indefinite). SSE from there are Barataria Bay and Barataria Pass (east of Grand Isle), which can make things confusing. Much of the area is not accessible by land and not quickly accessible by boat, which is a pretty good excuse for providing air service . Still, I wouldn't mind being out there in a pirogue, either ...

The fishing was great as long as you didn't mind the alligators too much. Kind of hard to do when some of 'em were bigger than the boat I was in.