Cargo Haulers
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cargo Haulers

Cargo Haulers

Putting floats on the Avia 56 got me thinking about all the cargo haulers I've done.

This particular one stands out because we had so much fun doing it. Yea, dirtied up, busted out gauges, commercial freight, hand drawn maps, FSNav flight plans, and just a whole lot of fun.

This release ended up with a nice developer's award and strangely, I had it in the back of the hanger where it used to stay.

The "Hanger Queen" LOL

If you are interested in just having some fun running small time cargo routes, give it a try:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/ac500/bush.htm

It's a little dated, but just as much fun as always. She's a great hand flyer, easy to operate, TO/Land/and navigate, even with the busted out gauges. :-)

Oh yeah, there are 3 aircraft in the package, two dirty, one clean. :-)

If you have any favorite cargo haulers of this class, share them with us.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Nice plane, Milt! Especially the dirty one, looks "seasoned". It would be a great addition to my Cargo Pilot fleet. I'm going to have to download it when I got on my computer

SOH-CM-2020
    That's another of my favorites

Thanks Milton.

Pete.

That beat up, dirty, rusty one is my absolute favorite, and I fly it all the time, I've had it since it came out I think. Thanks, Milton and Crew!

Charter Member 2016
    Quite nice, really. I really enjoy this bird for the bush-style flying. Performs brilliantly!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Not as dirty as Milton's, but here's mine. Milton's Beech 18 cargo variant with my own touches.

Exterior - Cabin door off of one aircraft, cargo door off of another. Left vertical stabilizer off of I think a Delta Twin Beech, the right one from a Piedmont. Engine cowlings courtesy of American Airlines. I hit a telephone pole with the right wingtip and replaced it with one from yet another Beech 18.

Cargo - various crates and boxes labeled with Merc Air shipping labels. Big crate marked "Nitroglycerine" comes in handy. Customs agents don't even want to be on the aircraft with it, let alone open it up to see what's inside.

My default aircraft, the "Nitro Express"
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

LOL Love that version Willy! :salute:

Another solid flyer in the Aero Commander series was the AC680S. I loved this FedEx scheme that was done by Bill W. The great thing about these Aero Commanders were that they are fast, and easy to handle throught the flight envelopes. Great hand-flyers, trim out easily. This one is a bit dated in the vc panel but certainly readable. Probably due for an update.

Flying into Haines AK from Juneau enroute to Skagway.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Love all your "well used" cargo haulers, Milton, and they are all on the flightline, making regular flights.

Willy, that's a great scheme. Any chance of sharing it?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

...Light & medium cargo requirements met on a daily basis...

Attachment 60465 Attachment 60466 Attachment 60467

....Now....some would argue that the Executive isn't truly a cargo plane. But....could one (not see) a pretty girl and a box of chococlates as (indeed) a most important cargo delivery...?

Attachment 60468 ".....Dehr, Dehr, Baby. Uncle Magoo's got evert'ing safe an' secure. Don't worry 'boud nutin', jus' eat yas chocolates an' enjoy da view.....An don't get crumbs on dat mink coat....ahem....Sweeeed-hawd...."

My all time favorite has always been the Howard 500, with the Beech D-18 right next to her. I have a weakness for tail draggers. :salute: I have spent some time in the Shrike and Aero's, but prefer just to go "GA" with them. Actually, I never thought of "hauling hardware" with one. So, I'll take the "Hangar Queen", load her up and have a go.

Thanks, Milton

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The entire Aero Commander series is certainly a fixture in my hangar. Hard to say which one is the best of the bunch. It certainly is a great flying series of aircraft and after getting a chance to fly my friend Joe's Shrike I can attest it is true to life as well.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    The entire Aero Commander series is certainly a fixture in my hangar. Hard to say which one is the best of the bunch. It certainly is a great flying series of aircraft and after getting a chance to fly my friend Joe's Shrike I can attest it is true to life as well.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Interesting comment Sir. The original Commander projects were supported by a whole group of RW Aero Commander owners. Great bunch of guys!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...fo&FileID=8433

It also works on the cargo variants with floats.... either amphibian or straight floater

So, Willy, are you expanding your enterprise now?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oy, the atrocious paint in those first shots are giving me some flashbacks.

Cool

I may be pushing it a little on the class size but Libardo Guzman's C-46A had been a favorite over the years for hauling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    So, Willy, are you expanding your enterprise now?
    We're always on the lookout for new "bidness" opportunities. Even legit ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I may be pushing it a little on the class size but Libardo Guzman's C-46A had been a favorite over the years for hauling stuff.
    Not restricted except maybe by type of fuel used. :-) Those are great shots Moses. Love that aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    We're always on the lookout for new "bidness" opportunities. Even legit ones!
    Whoa! LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by rayrey10 View Post
    Nice plane, Milt! Especially the dirty one, looks "seasoned". It would be a great addition to my Cargo Pilot fleet. I'm going to have to download it when I got on my computer
    Thanks RR. Just remember, she's abit grimey inside too so do not wear good clothes. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    That beat up, dirty, rusty one is my absolute favorite, and I fly it all the time, I've had it since it came out I think. Thanks, Milton and Crew!
    Really? That's awesome to hear! It was a fun project with both Scott and Andre Folkers competing on the fun textures. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Quite nice, really. I really enjoy this bird for the bush-style flying. Performs brilliantly!
    I worked hard on those flight models back then, was mighty green under the gills but I knew what I wanted ...

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Love all your "well used" cargo haulers, Milton, and they are all on the flightline, making regular flights.

Thank you sir! These comments make all the work and fun worthwhile. I appreciate all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    ...Light & medium cargo requirements met on a daily basis...

Attachment 60465 Attachment 60466 Attachment 60467

....Now....some would argue that the Executive isn't truly a cargo plane. But....could one (not see) a pretty girl and a box of chococlates as (indeed) a most important cargo delivery...?

Attachment 60468 ".....Dehr, Dehr, Baby. Uncle Magoo's got evert'ing safe an' secure. Don't worry 'boud nutin', jus' eat yas chocolates an' enjoy da view.....An don't get crumbs on dat mink coat....ahem....Sweeeed-hawd...."
    You got my attention on that one. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    My all time favorite has always been the Howard 500, with the Beech D-18 right next to her. I have a weakness for tail draggers. :salute: I have spent some time in the Shrike and Aero's, but prefer just to go "GA" with them. Actually, I never thought of "hauling hardware" with one. So, I'll take the "Hangar Queen", load her up and have a go.

Thanks, Milton

BB686:USA-flag:
    BB686, the Howard 500 was the toughest of all projects aside from the first. With little experience, she came together but not without help from a lot of people, especially the real world pilot who coincidentally was running FS2004 to practice his trips before flying them. He was awesome in providing all we needed including left seat time for Scott. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post

Cheers
    Stefan
    Stefan, they were nice for their day and they have held up pretty well. They are just hard to beat for a respectable easy and comfortable hand flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Oy, the atrocious paint in those first shots are giving me some flashbacks.
    LOL Bone ... the Hangar Queen "Land's End" is my fav. Andre Folker's magic! :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

[QUOTE Another solid flyer in the Aero Commander series was the AC680S. I loved this FedEx scheme that was done by Bill W. ....[/QUOTE]

I've had no luck tracking down the Fed Ex livery either on Avsim, Flightsim or the Aero Commander home page. Can anyone provide a link?

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    [QUOTE Another solid flyer in the Aero Commander series was the AC680S. I loved this FedEx scheme that was done by Bill W. ....
    I've had no luck tracking down the Fed Ex livery either on Avsim, Flightsim or the Aero Commander home page. Can anyone provide a link?

- H52[/QUOTE]

H52,

The FedEx 680S was never generally distributed, however I do make the model and textures update available when requested.
    If you have the 680S, I will email the model and textures, otherwise I will have to upload it. Just say the word so I know how to accommodate. Do you run FS9 or FSX?

EDIT: I am going to upload the full models (3 models: Ike, Pegasus, and Cargo) plus 3 textures and FM for you (and anyone who wants it)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks, MS. I do have the AC680SVC.zip. Much appreciative of your offer.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Thanks, MS. I do have the AC680SVC.zip. Much appreciative of your offer.

- H52
    That is the older package. Keep it.

This new package does not replace it but gives you 3 new models including the FedEx cargo unit.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/ac680sv31.zip

Anyone may download this for personal use only.
    Please keep in mind that this is a 5 year old model. The VC gauges are not as clear as the new hi res stuff, but readable.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Shucks Milton, I've flown the Twin Beech in that paint around the world once, from London to Melbourne twice, hauled cargo from one end to the other of the Andes and I'm getting ready to fly it on another long trip in this year's spring event. I can't thank you enough for making it! :ernae:

Two of Milton's birds I haul with mostly FedEx!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"