Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

No track IR support? Not even worth a try then

Cool

And by the way, and not being anything of my business of course, but don'tya have a special forum for this **** !?
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    And by the way, and not being anything of my business of course, but don'tya have a special forum for this **** !?
    LOL!!! Thanks you made my day!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    You mean you're not saving for the 3500 mark III ? hehe
    He SHOULD be ordering a D800. Snicker..snicker

Back to your regular scheduled MS program.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Francois
    We could put all the Flight posts in the X-3 Terran Conflict room since its also science fiction.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

One thing I have to say in favor for it, FLIGHT still runs better on my old system than FSX. :

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    We could put all the Flight posts in the X-3 Terran Conflict room since its also science fiction.
    *rofl*

that comment made my day!

Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    One thing I have to say in favor for it, FLIGHT still runs better on my old system than FSX. :
    Same here Dain!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2012
    Yeah - but then absolutely everything runs better on my system than FSX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Yeah - but then absolutely everything runs better on my system than FSX!!!!
    ...There is a true statement If I have ever heard one!!! I think we can pretty much all say that to some extent...
    Matt

With the amount of dosh I've invested in FSX, I'll pass. I saw enough of the pre-beta teasers and read more than I wanted to about what I can't do.

So tempted I was to try it but i'll wait for a while. I'd rather send my money to the hard working indie devs in fsx by buying their addons rather then give it to Microsoft.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The only thing I like about Flight is the clouds. They actually look dense, fluffy and how the sky colors interact with them is great. But any way as free game, its worth trying out.

Might try and see if the Flight Hawaii island works in FSX tomorrow.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by FSN View Post
    So tempted I was to try it but i'll wait for a while. I'd rather send my money to the hard working indie devs in fsx by buying their addons rather then give it to Microsoft.
    Flight is FREE...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Well, I'm TRYING to try it out. I'm having difficulty getting my saitek stuff set up. Once I was into the first intro, I didn't have throttle control. Went back to options and set up the throttle, and I didn't have pitch control. Went back, got the pitch control worked up, now I cannot change my camera view. I'm absolutely STUCK in flyby view. Ever try to line up with a runway that you cannot see? Ouch.

It looks great, and I'm going to work on it some more. I'm not exactly feeling well, and my head is messed up. I might be doing something incorrectly every time I go into the options menu. I'm looking forward to the Free Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Flight is FREE...
    Yes of course but the additional addons aren't are they? That's what I was referring to.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FSN View Post
    Yes of course but the additional addons aren't are they? That's what I was referring to.
    of course you were - but no one is obliged to buy anything...
    enter..the Sandman

Played the first mission. Looks nice, but little substance. M$ does deserve credit for not naming it Flight Simulator whatever. Truth in advertising, what about that!

I'll probably go grab the free Stearman, finish the other mission, and do a little sight-seeing. However, I expect to be bored pretty soon and come back to FSX.

All along I said I wouldn't bother with this. The idea that they scrapped any future Flight Simulators for a video game just didn't sit right with me. Anyway, I gave in to the "FREE DOWNLOAD" hook and gave it a quick try. I guess the lack of familiarity with the setup and the disappointing graphics (water, land, sky, etc) kept me from spending a whole lot of time with it. For the time being it just strikes me as dumbed down version of FSX. After flying the Icon, which I think is a beautiful aircraft, I closed out the "Game" and went back to FSX and my Icon. Flight didn't get off the ground for me, so I was right all along. . . . .I shouldn't have bothered.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

No longer active
    The flight (and ground) dynamics have been definitely improved over FSX and FINALLY the engine/prop sound is correct.
    I have to admit that I also spent MUCH more time than initially planned on the first day with FLIGHT.
    Impression after the first day is that even in its initial stage it looks sounds feels and perfoms like a slighty improved FSX equipped with high quality add-ons (tested with the Stearman of course as the Icons VC is simply ugly virtual and IRL )
    You can even crash, you have increased wind sound when dropping the gear or side-slipping. (Opening the canopy in the icon in flight is also a very interesting experience!)

MS recived SDK of Naturalpoint for Track IR http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/...0739#Post50739
    but didnt it yet.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

WOW...just WOW...I took off from the airport and flew around checking out the scenery . Saw a pretty cove and landed near it, then taxied into the cove where I parked my Icon . I then opened the cockpit and got out of the plane . I walked around the beach for some time looking at the pretty scenery .All that was left was a drink in my hand and to pick up some sand dollars and sea shells . This has got to be the coolest feature in any flightsim, the ability to enter/exit the aircraft and walk around . Nice touch Microsoft .

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    WOW...just WOW...I took off from the airport and flew around checking out the scenery . Saw a pretty cove and landed near it, then taxied into the cove where I parked my Icon . I then opened the cockpit and got out of the plane . I walked around the beach for some time looking at the pretty scenery .All that was left was a drink in my hand and to pick up some sand dollars and sea shells . This has got to be the coolest feature in any flightsim, the ability to enter/exit the aircraft and walk around . Nice touch Microsoft .
    Nothing new, it was before in Take on helicopters.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I downloaded the game, and it appears it is just a game, not a simulator. Also, everything about it says pay as you go.

It's a bit confusing as to how you log in, and exactly what you are logging in to. The graphics seem nice, it runs pretty smooth. The controller setup is limited, not at all like FSX where you can assign trim to dials and things like that.

So as far as initial impression goes, I don't think it's for me. It is NOT FS11, but it should have been!

It appears MS controls the whole game with 3rd party addons being totally excluded. That means no Orbx, no Aerosoft, no Vertigo, etc etc.

I think from what I've seen so far, you can count me out on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I downloaded the game, and it appears it is just a game, not a simulator. Also, everything about it says pay as you go.

It's a bit confusing as to how you log in, and exactly what you are logging in to. The graphics seem nice, it runs pretty smooth. The controller setup is limited, not at all like FSX where you can assign trim to dials and things like that.

So as far as initial impression goes, I don't think it's for me. It is NOT FS11, but it should have been!

It appears MS controls the whole game with 3rd party addons being totally excluded. That means no Orbx, no Aerosoft, no Vertigo, etc etc.

I think from what I've seen so far, you can count me out on this one.
    well - improvements will come. This is, after all, the initial release in what appears to be MS new franchise.
    Some updates will be free most likely while additional content will be payware...just like RoF and ToH, DCS.... and FSX (money going to MS instead of 3rd party devs who can now concentrate on FSX yay)

Seriously - who flies default FSX? no one around here. So whining about pay as you go for Flight is somewhat hollow (not directed specifically at any one person - just in general)
    enter..the Sandman