Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 6
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Just a little update, if any of you have been having issues with the radar, particularly with switching between the auto aquire modes and the RWS/TWS modes, there was a undocumented change in the radar interface which slipped through my hands so that it would work perfectly for some but not for others. The issue has been fixed and Im getting KC to upload it pronto and if he is too sleepy (he has been working rather hard....) ill do it myself . Apologies to all..
    -JB

Gorgeous bird! What about framerate impact? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Gorgeous bird! What about framerate impact? Thanks

thats what i was worried about at purchase,

but theres next to none thats one of the beaut things about this

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

Thanks, jeansy!
    Looking foward to buy it soon..

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

By the time the last upgrades are done you might expect not only more functionality but even better performance.
    -JB

How do I get the ordnance to show up on the aircraft?

Shift 3

Shift 3 works for adding the ordnance to the aircraft, but when I go to view the aircraft there are no missles, bombs or fuel tanks hanging off the aircraft. What am I doing wrong?

Jim-- Did you try...

1. Turning UAC off
    2. Checking to ensure the right entries are in your FSX.dll file?

And just for grins, I'd do a system restart too. Mine was not working, and then suddenly-- it was working. I made no changes, my UAC had been off....the only thing I can figure is that I did a restart...

Kent

Oh wow! Go away for couple of days and look what happens - way to go Milviz! i didn't see this coming AT ALL!

I wish you guys every success with this baby, and hope you can continue to keep raising the bar....
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

When you load fsx, aree you seeing the two dialogs asking to run?

Rob,

I am very politely going to ask that you not call what I post as being "propaganda." I served 24 years in the USAF and retired with the rank of Major and flew over 2,500 combat sorties. I have no fewer than a dozen close and personal friends of mine whom I work with on a daiily basis who logged hours and are IP's in the F-15E, including one who graduated from the USAF Weapons School. The information I posted was for illustrative purposes only, but the background I provided was rooted in knowledge of what the USAF is working on to help keep fighter crews from having their arms dislocated or broken by rearward flail. Things change and the USAF is changing the seats in the F-15E. That is not propaganda but instead is accurate information. In addition, it was to answer a question from another customer who asked for background on it.

But beyond all that, please consider that what you post is a reflection on each of us. And I believe I have never attacked you, but rather instead tried to show great respect to you and for your views.

I thank you kindly. And please understand I will not carry further conversations with you. You have the stage sir as you may wish to use it with my compliments.

Cheers,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    "Norton 360 antivirus says to have found a 'Trojan.Gen' in Milviz_F-15E.exe "Thats the F1 installer , standard warning and common to these , there is no virus , the temporary closing of norton or designation as safe will allow it to install.
    Thanks! Can't be too careful, can you..

Up and away now:

Now to land the monster and walk away from it..

Beautifully modelled inside and out !

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    So, given the choices, I released it.

I have decided to leave the price as is for now... I think that, for what it is, (good enough but not 1000000%) it's more than fair.

I would like to make a poll... and see what others say....

a good idea?
    She certainly looks nice and is getting good comments/screenshots. And if improvements are warranted and within the skill set of the customer base they will come. Based on previous threads it was a very anticipated model so I think you did the right thing is releasing it. You can't improve or update something that doesn't exist.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Rob,

I am very politely going to ask that you not call what I post as being "propaganda." I served 24 years in the USAF and retired with the rank of Major and flew over 2,500 combat sorties. I have no fewer than a dozen close and personal friends of mine whom I work with on a daiily basis who logged hours and are IP's in the F-15E, including one who graduated from the USAF Weapons School. The information I posted was for illustrative purposes only, but the background I provided was rooted in knowledge of what the USAF is working on to help keep fighter crews from having their arms dislocated or broken by rearward flail. Things change and the USAF is changing the seats in the F-15E. That is not propaganda but instead is accurate information. In addition, it was to answer a question from another customer who asked for background on it.

But beyond all that, please consider that what you post is a reflection on each of us. And I believe I have never attacked you, but rather instead tried to show great respect to you and for your views.

I thank you kindly. And please understand I will not carry further conversations with you. You have the stage sir as you may wish to use it with my compliments.

Cheers,

Ken
    Brilliantly put Ken.

I too was more than a little surprised to see, not only the word used, but that others did not seem to object at the term. I certainly do.

As you state, hopefully that is the end of it.

I'm downloading as I type;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

The armrests will be removed first SP. next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Rob,

Cheers,

Ken
    Ken,

I am mearly pointing out what I know are inaccuracies from what I know from my military and F-15E experience in the ACES II seat they are using as a whole! I am sorry you took offence to the word "propaganda" but here is the definition from wiki on the word!

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group.
    As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda is often biased, with facts selectively presented (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political, or other type of agenda.

I used the word because the link you provided does NOT support your claim of them putting that next generation seat into the F-15E, and I can guarantee you cannot find me a real life example of that seat in the F-15....hence it is an inaccuracy, and a big one in my opinion! It is no different than them putting a Lazy-Boy recliner in there and me giving a link to Lazy-Boy and stating that they are going to upgrade to those in the future!
    I respect your opinion and I am ONLY trying to help by pointing these things out, but get bashed in the process. I can see that my help is being taken out of context and will refrain from pointing things out in the future!

P.S.
    Oh and Colin, please address that FLCS, the real F-15 doesn't have a sticking coming out of a hole in the floor. Thanks ever so much.

Take care,
    Rob

I haven't bought this ....yet....but I have to ask this question...Are we all in training to fly the real F-15? Does it really matter that the FLCS is coming out of a hole in the floor? Last time I checked this was a SIMULATOR! This is beginning to take the fun out of what I enjoy about FSX/FS9 as we are seeking way to complex aircraft and frankly its most likely loosing people in the process.

Lets get back to the FUN of the simulator not the hole in the floor where the FLCS is coming through. Ok...back to flying my mustangs!

OK, I've deleted all referances to Milviz F15, Disabled My Malware & Norton Security software. Disabled my UAC. Downloaded Milviz F15E & installed itinto FSX. It doesn't ask for anything about "dll" stuff. The plane flies normal. Everything is normal except loading ordnance. The only thing that shows up is the Lantirn Pod. I cannot find the DLLs using the information shown on this discussion. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Will accept any & all help in getting this to run properly.

Same problem as others are reporting: unable to load weapons/drop tanks from the
    shift+F3 pay load screen, no Milviz entries showing in the dll (although everybody
    else has entries there from A2A to Warbirsim), no messages when I start FSX, and
    UAC is off.

I'm using MSE, which I didn't bother turning off when I installed, but there were no
    obvious problems with the download or the install.

I've tried re-starting, although I've had the plane since yesterday, and I also tried
    re-installing from within the Milviz drive C folder, but no luck.

Also, the FPS is all over the road on the ground and in the air, but usually around the low
    teens flying at 20,000 over Orbyx PNW ( I have the FPS locked at 30). The VRS Superbug
    gets consistent mid 20's by comparison.

Since some people are reporting no problem in FPS, I'm wondering if I have a corrupted
    download (although as said, there was no indication of this when I downloaded and installed,
    everything seemed to go fine).

I haven't tried editing the dll file before; is it easy, like editing the cfg file, just typing in?
    If so, then I could try doing that.

Otherwise a really good looking plane, certainly in looks comparable to the Supebug.

Thanks - RobM

iT WORKS! Thanks to all & "Krazycollin".

Howdy Ya’ll,

I bought it and love it, well worth the investment.
    For the weapons issue, adding:

+Launch.Addon*<o></o>
    +Name*MILVIZPACK+/Name*<o></o>
    +Disabled*False+/Disabled*<o></o>
    +ManualLoad*true+/ManualLoad*<o></o>
    +Path*Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll+/Path*<o></o>
    +DllStartName*module_init+/DllStartName*<o></o>
    +DllStopName*module_deinit+/DllStopName*<o></o>
    +/Launch.Addon*<o></o>
    +Launch.Addon*<o></o>
    +Name*F15E NAV WAYPOINT MANAGER+/Name*<o></o>
    +Disabled*False+/Disabled*<o></o>
    +ManualLoad*true+/ManualLoad*<o></o>
    +Path*Modules\MILVIZ\F15e_Nav.dll+/Path*<o></o>
    +DllStartName*module_init+/DllStartName*<o></o>
    +DllStopName*module_deinit+/DllStopName*<o></o>
    +/Launch.Addon*<o></o>
    <o></o>
    to xml.dll before the +/SimBase.Document* entry fixed it for me. (Replace the + with < and the * with >)<o></o>

To fix the acft view try:

[Views]
    eyepoint = 21.8, -0.005, 2.1
    //eyepoint = 22.4, -0.005, 2.1
    //eyepoint = 0 , 0 , 0

For the tailhook try:

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length = 7
    tailhook_position = -14.50, 0, -2.40
    //tailhook_length = 4
    //tailhook_position = -23.50, 0, -9.60
    cable_force_adjust = 1

Two quick questions,

1. I can’t seem to get the AB’s to light, there is a blue graphic internally but the turkey feathers never open. Is there a switch setting that will affect this?

2. The bright/dim setting on the MPD/MPCD and Hud only affects certain symbols, is there another switch combo to dim the other symbols?

Thanks,
    --Dan
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Burners are coming next week. Support forums for the other please

For Jim:

Shift 3 brings up the dialog to load external stores. From there you should be able to select various stores for each hard point. The weight and stores should show both on the plane at the top of the box and as a weight. If the weight is not increasing with each store, they are not loading, suggesting that the Dll in the milviz module has not loaded. In that case try the support forum.

Cheers: T