Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 5
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Just checked out the screenshots at the website. This bird is a beautiful piece of work
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    If you are willing to do a small bit of manual editing in your panel.cfg file, I can show you how to tweak that to your personal desires.

Unless, of course, you already know how. In which case, please disregard!

Ken
    If you can show me which numbers to change/tweek I would really appreciate it because the last time I tried I wound up outside the aircraft near the tail looking in (default Grumman Goose Engine panel view)

I am sure glad the Milviz team got together and got this bird out, she's a beaut.

afterburner?

I don't think I'm getting correct afterburner textures. Blue fire in the cans but no flame out the butt. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    If you can show me which numbers to change/tweek I would really appreciate it because the last time I tried I wound up outside the aircraft near the tail looking in (default Grumman Goose Engine panel view)

I am sure glad the Milviz team got together and got this bird out, she's a beaut.
    Sure, but first I have to tell on myself. I had a bit of a fuzzy recollection of where the item is. In fact, it is located in the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the main aircraft folder. Some of this is recollection, but the basics are easy enough. Use the Notepad utility in your Windows O/S to open up the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the aircraft folder. The aircraft folder is located in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder and is itself named "MilViz F-15E".

Once you have it opened up, search through all the writing/coding toward the halfway point you will see a section labeled "VIEWS" and immediately below that you will see this: eyepoint = 22.4, -0.003, 2.1

Before doing anything else, please copy and paste a duplicate of that existing section and then comment it out by placing a double diagonal "//" in front of it. This comments that code section out, and it gives you a very easy way to recover if things turn ugly. If they get ugly, then merely delete the entry your edited and remove the comments (//) from the backup you just created.

Now, the three numbers you see are X, Y, and Z values. X is the forward/back value. Y is the right/left value. Z if the up/down value. The values in whole numbers roughly equal feet, and they are referenced from the defined center of the aircraft, so you can gauge how much you should adjust. If you only want to move your eyepoint back a bit, then just change the X value (which starts off at 22.4). My personal recommendation is to change it to 21.4 to move it back a bit. Again, remember that since the numbers are in feet moved from the center point of the aircraft, the values can vary substantially from aircraft to aircraft and so small initial tweaks are all that is required.

Cheers, and hope this helps you enjoy our jet a bit more.

BTW: Normally we don't provide customer support outside the MilViz forums, and Colin may well get grumpy at me for doing it this time. But, I'm not exactly giving away trade secrets on this one as this method is FSX general for all aircraft. But, please, no one take this as meaning I'm going to make a habit of this!

Ken

This bird looks great and I have been waiting for a while, but are those really arm rest I see on the ejection seat? Can someone elaborate?

Heavy

Heavy, this has been mentioned before . Check out page 6 in this thread.
    The arm rest suits me , Im an armchair warrior !!

Yeah, I read it....just wanted to make sure more than one person confirmed it. I thiought I was trippin. It does look like a barber chair arm chair though. Everything else is fine. Thanks for confirming!

Heavy

I don't feel like reading through eight pages of fanboy chatter but did the gauge coder who up and walked away last month come back or did you guys find someone else? In the end does it have all that you had intended it to have? It certainly looks nice.
    :ernae:

The answer is no, he didn't come back. We did find a way, but, to be honest, this isn't as nice as we wanted it to be, no. We wanted, as we always do, no things that stick out. I'm not talking about the little things, though they are important.

It's close enough but not perfect. I ALWAYS want perfect but, without Chris, there was no way to get it. So, given the choices, I released it.

I have decided to leave the price as is for now... I think that, for what it is, (good enough but not 1000000%) it's more than fair.

I would like to make a poll... and see what others say....

a good idea?

The F-15 has always been my favorite since I built the plastic model as a kid. For the money (w/ coupon) it's a great model ,but no afterburner texture?

RD, the guy who did the fantastic burners for Dino's F-14D is working on them as we speak. Tirelessly, endlessly and will have them ready by... next week sometime when we release the first SP.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    RD, the guy who did the fantastic burners for Dino's F-14D is working on them as we speak. Tirelessly, endlessly and will have them ready by... next week sometime when we release the first SP.
    Thank you for the reply. I know I will enjoy this even more in the future.

As stated before, with everyones support and input, she'll only get better

Regards, Diego

P.S. Any input on the new thumbnails? They're my first published contribution to FSX

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Heavy, this has been mentioned before . Check out page 6 in this thread.
    The arm rest suits me , Im an armchair warrior !!
    Greenie,

Appreciate your view on this. However, you might be interested to know that sheepskin and arm rests that can rotate into position or out of the way isn't something that MilViz created from thin air.

http://www.goodrich.com/gr-ext-templ...%20website.pdf

The latest Goodrich manufactured ACES II Modular seat has the arm rests and the black sheepskin covers. In addition, the USAF is looking at retrofitting the seats on the F-15E with this latest generation of seat and one of the primary areas the USAF is trying to improve with it is preventing the pilot's (or WSO's) arms from being flailed behind the seat when punching out. Several methods are being studied, including nets, bungee chords, and even incorporation with the arm rests as shown in the MilViz jet and more importantly on Goodrich's own information brochure distributed to prospective military customers.

Now, my point is that this design wasn't pulled from thin air, but rather based on what's really out there. No one is going to assert that an FSX aircraft is a 100% replication of a real airplane. We certainly are not. But, on the other hand, the primary thing we wish for is for the customers to feel like they got their money's worth with our products, and frankly that they can have an innovative and new measure of fun when playing what is a somewhat realistic PC game/simulator. And having that kind of fun is the goal. So, if you can purchase this virtual jet and go out in the FSX skies and enjoy yourself doing it, then we've reached that mark, and hopefully can reach it with all of our customers.

Cheers,

Ken

Charter Member 2012
    The more you fly this bird the more you apprechate what really counts and realise the superb amount of features that back up the great modelling.

Glad I bought it as it will be taken out of my virtual hangar frequently as a favourite.

Greenie,

Appreciate your view on this. However, you might be interested to know that sheepskin and arm rests that can rotate into position or out of the way isn't something that MilViz created from thin air.

http://www.goodrich.com/gr-ext-templ...%20website.pdf

The latest Goodrich manufactured ACES II Modular seat has the arm rests and the black sheepskin covers. In addition, the USAF is looking at retrofitting the seats on the F-15E with this latest generation of seat and one of the primary areas the USAF is trying to improve with it is preventing the pilot's (or WSO's) arms from being flailed behind the seat when punching out. Several methods are being studied, including nets, bungee chords, and even incorporation with the arm rests as shown in the MilViz jet and more importantly on Goodrich's own information brochure distributed to prospective military customers.

Now, my point is that this design wasn't pulled from thin air, but rather based on what's really out there. No one is going to assert that an FSX aircraft is a 100% replication of a real airplane. We certainly are not. But, on the other hand, the primary thing we wish for is for the customers to feel like they got their money's worth with our products, and frankly that they can have an innovative and new measure of fun when playing what is a somewhat realistic PC game/simulator. And having that kind of fun is the goal. So, if you can purchase this virtual jet and go out in the FSX skies and enjoy yourself doing it, then we've reached that mark, and hopefully can reach it with all of our customers.

Cheers,

Ken

Sorry Ken,

If you knew about the Aces II seat you would know the differences. First off that seat in that PDF is for the B-2, the B-1B has arm rest as well but not in a jet fighter. You forget that they endure tremendous forces, I sure would NOT want to hit my arm on one at 9gs. Another thing that is seriously inaccurate is the seats pitot system, you have a folding system which is found on the new F-22s and upgraded F-16s not the static found on the F-15s. Also the modeling is way off, and you don't even have the ballistic gas lines that are used on the seat. you have the major flaws with the model that I guess only someone who has a military background would know. And where are the canopy breakers? Maybe you should of added cup holders as well.

Please don't come here with that propaganda, just make the plane as accurate as possible since this is a sim, and not make believe. That's what keep the integrity of FS a serious matter to me and others and not just a game.

Rivet counting, one rivet at a time.
    Rob

Robert,

I was put on the team partly because I am a rivet counter just like you.

If it's ok with me saying this Colin, as you've said it before, we simply ran out of funds.

The plan is (if she sells well), to fix all the tiny details.

We really appreciate you pointing out these errors, as we now know what to fix when we can.

If you would be so kind, keep a log of the little errors in the modeling you find, and post them over at the Milviz Support Forums, that way when the modelers have time, the issues can be addressed

Regards, Diego

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Robert,

I was put on the team partly because I am a rivet counter just like you.

If it's ok with me saying this Colin, as you've said it before, we simply ran out of funds.

The plan is (if she sells well), to fix all the tiny details.

We really appreciate you pointing out these errors, as we now know what to fix when we can.

If you would be so kind, keep a log of the little errors in the modeling you find, and post them over at the Milviz Support Forums, that way when the modelers have time, the issues can be addressed

Regards, Diego
    Thanks Diego,

I will make a list and head over to your support forums, As I said earlier I will leave it alone here, but found myself attacked by Colin and Ken. I have no problems with Milviz, I just want a true to life F-15. So to Ken and Colin, I do not want to be anyway putting down your aircraft, I just want to improve it. I will join your support forums and submit my list, so it can help you.

Have a great evening,
    Rob

Charter Member 2012
    I love the rear cockpit detail

Sure, but first I have to tell on myself. I had a bit of a fuzzy recollection of where the item is. In fact, it is located in the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the main aircraft folder. Some of this is recollection, but the basics are easy enough. Use the Notepad utility in your Windows O/S to open up the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the aircraft folder. The aircraft folder is located in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder and is itself named "MilViz F-15E".

Once you have it opened up, search through all the writing/coding toward the halfway point you will see a section labeled "VIEWS" and immediately below that you will see this: eyepoint = 22.4, -0.003, 2.1

Before doing anything else, please copy and paste a duplicate of that existing section and then comment it out by placing a double diagonal "//" in front of it. This comments that code section out, and it gives you a very easy way to recover if things turn ugly. If they get ugly, then merely delete the entry your edited and remove the comments (//) from the backup you just created.

Now, the three numbers you see are X, Y, and Z values. X is the forward/back value. Y is the right/left value. Z if the up/down value. The values in whole numbers roughly equal feet, and they are referenced from the defined center of the aircraft, so you can gauge how much you should adjust. If you only want to move your eyepoint back a bit, then just change the X value (which starts off at 22.4). My personal recommendation is to change it to 21.4 to move it back a bit. Again, remember that since the numbers are in feet moved from the center point of the aircraft, the values can vary substantially from aircraft to aircraft and so small initial tweaks are all that is required.

Cheers, and hope this helps you enjoy our jet a bit more.

BTW: Normally we don't provide customer support outside the MilViz forums, and Colin may well get grumpy at me for doing it this time. But, I'm not exactly giving away trade secrets on this one as this method is FSX general for all aircraft. But, please, no one take this as meaning I'm going to make a habit of this!

Ken
    Thanks a bunch that did it.:salute: I went with 21.5 any farther back and you go back into the seat. Hope this doesn't cause any grumptitude to come your way.

Charter Member 2012
    Great screen!

Impressive!! I like it! Too bad I don't fly these fighters. Doesn't fit in W52 Goheen
    Anneke