Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 24
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1416171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Thank you very much,Black Hornet!
    Must be something wrong here.
    Michael

Exactly the same...something must be wrong hwere as well, wonder if a "low octane fuel" ? JT0,5 ?

Regards

Beaufighter, By watching a few F-15E T/O videos, all I can say is that your shot's daylight F-15E A/B flame is what it appears to be in real life. Flame in the A/B duct and almost transparent exhaust gases. Check it for yourself also.

(I'm also getting the same transparent look, and I like having the real life effect )

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Price increase from $39.95 to $50?
    Price is back to $39.99. Updated today. Very much worth the price, especially given all the missions and additional equipment they've put into the entire package.

Link: http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=F-15E

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Colin has decided to establish the price of the SP'd F-15E at $39.99 and this price will remain in effect to the end of March. After March the price will increase back to the $50 it was originally sold at.

For those who have purchased the SP jet for $50, please check your email as Colin has determined a method for you to receive your refund to reflect the $39.99 temporary price.

If anyone purchased at $50 and you do not have email on this refund, then please email Colin at: colin@milviz.com

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks for clarifying Ken. I got my email today from Colin and he did indeed adjust my purchase price. Great customer support.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Most likely will be purchasing today. A few quick questions:
    1-Is the file that I will be purchasing fully updated and ready to go with all SP's?
    2-Does it have an in-flight refueling capability or utility? It clearly has everything else!
    3-Can it be installed without the AI stuff? As a MAIW contributor, I already have some super-realistic and badass F-15E bases taken care of:salute:
    Matt

To answer your questions:

1. You got it!

2. Absolutely! WITH working boom that actually connects to the aircraft.

3. I believe all the scenery and other goodies must be installed on their own, so you're all good!

Thanks for the purchase! Diego

Sweet! I am going to pick her up first thing in the morning, as a part of the 'support FSX developers on the 29th' thing. I was going to buy it anyway, but there is apparently some symbolism attached to the 29th, with that flying game that was just released...
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    Beaufighter, By watching a few F-15E T/O videos, all I can say is that your shot's daylight F-15E A/B flame is what it appears to be in real life. Flame in the A/B duct and almost transparent exhaust gases. Check it for yourself also.

(I'm also getting the same transparent look, and I like having the real life effect )

Checked. Looked for real life pictures. You are absolutely right, GB. They, the creators are right. This is a superb piece of work
    So, the afterburner caption posted by Black.Hornet is not right...
    Regards

Ok,fine.
    Thanks
    Michael

Bought it this morning. Loaded it up, and at first the engines wouldn't quick start, nor would the weapons load manager work. I reloaded FSX, and the engines started, but the load manager still was INOP. Reloaded FSX a third time, and the engines started, and the load manager was working as well....

...This is one heck of an addon. It has some serious complexity, and I think I will have to bury my head in the manual for a while. Is there a weapons tutorial somewhere? I seem to remember seeing one at some point?

...Overall, this has to be one of the nicest and most detailed mil jet addons I have ever used. Right up there with my VRS bug and a few others.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Checked. Looked for real life pictures. You are absolutely right, GB. They, the creators are right. This is a superb piece of work
    So, the afterburner caption posted by Black.Hornet is not right...
    Regards
    What's not right? Do you imply that I tweaked the picture? What would be the purpose??

Quote Originally Posted by Black.Hornet View Post
    What's not right? Do you imply that I tweaked the picture? What would be the purpose??
    No way...not implying anything, think this is obvious. It will be plain stupid... Only stating that beeing the afterburner right in my picture similar to real ones, (almost transparent), something should be wrong with the afterburner picture you posted. Donīt know why is different, perhaps just a different hour of the day. Have no problem at all with this, and this matter finishes here. It's of no importance. Hope you accept this.

Regards

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I bought it and couldn’t get it working. After a prompt reply from the Milviz forum all was right. I think you have t exclude FSX from Windows Security Essentials even before you connect to F1 for installation/purchase. An excellent plane with customer service to match.

One question.....

...Why are the weapons and loadouts showing up in my aircraft selection screen? Shouldn't they be invisible?
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Most likely will be purchasing today. A few quick questions:
    1-Is the file that I will be purchasing fully updated and ready to go with all SP's?
    2-Does it have an in-flight refueling capability or utility? It clearly has everything else!
    3-Can it be installed without the AI stuff? As a MAIW contributor, I already have some super-realistic and badass F-15E bases taken care of:salute:
    With the AI and Airbases package, you can have your cake and eat it too!

You can elect to never download and install it, having nothing.

You can elect to download it and merely install the AI jets.

You can elect to download it and install the AI jets and the updated airbases.

You do this by electing what items to add to your FSX Scenery Library. If you don't want something, then just don't add it to your libary and it will be like it was never there. Further, if you add it to your library and then determine you don't like it, then just remove it from your library and it is gone from the game.

We're Burger King, baby! Have it your way! LOL!!!

Ken

Bought it this morning. Loaded it up, and at first the engines wouldn't quick start, nor would the weapons load manager work. I reloaded FSX, and the engines started, but the load manager still was INOP. Reloaded FSX a third time, and the engines started, and the load manager was working as well....

...This is one heck of an addon. It has some serious complexity, and I think I will have to bury my head in the manual for a while. Is there a weapons tutorial somewhere? I seem to remember seeing one at some point?

...Overall, this has to be one of the nicest and most detailed mil jet addons I have ever used. Right up there with my VRS bug and a few others.
    Do you have Windows 7 or the older XP?

If you have the XP system, then check to see that the latest DirectX was loaded. I had the same problem with the weapons loader not loading the weapons until I did the DirectX 9C upgrade. Then, it worked perfectly. Colin told me that because of this experience, they included the latest DirectX update in the SP released to the public.

Yes to the weapons tutorial, it is located on the MilViz F-15E General Support Forums and it is in the section talking about the UFC. However, it is about a generation old. We made so many upgrades to this SP that all the tutorial videos we did for the pre SP jet honestly need a do over. However, the UFC tutorial video is still very valuable but just keep in mind that the SP added in the realisitc modeling of the AUTO release mode (meaning you hold down the pickle button and the bomb toggles off the rack automatically when your jet reaches optimal release range as shown by your TREL on the HUD counting down to zero). And the toggle line now goes from top to bottom on your HUD as it does on the real F-15E.

Ken

One question.....

...Why are the weapons and loadouts showing up in my aircraft selection screen? Shouldn't they be invisible?
    Matt,

That is how it should be at this time. The reason you see the weapons in the aircraft selection screen is to facilitate the weapons function for the multi-player jet. However, we agree that it is a bit confusing, so Colin has asked me to forward to the customers that we are working on a modification that moves them out of the SimObjects/Airplanes folder so they won't show up as selectable aircraft.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Matt,

That is how it should be at this time. The reason you see the weapons in the aircraft selection screen is to facilitate the weapons function for the multi-player jet. However, we agree that it is a bit confusing, so Colin has asked me to forward to the customers that we are working on a modification that moves them out of the SimObjects/Airplanes folder so they won't show up as selectable aircraft.

Ken
    I appreciate the quick and comprehensive response, Ken. Thank you. I was only wondering, since I know that there is a way to make them 'invisible' in the aircraft selection screen...didn't/don't know how that affects multiplayer or other things....

...also, I am on windows 7 (sorry for the omission)

I posted in the milviz forum about the weapons manual, as I had a few questions about some interesting behaviour I was seeing. So far, my testing (other than a few fam flights around PAED and KMUO) has consisted of playing with the various systems to see what everything does. I have watched the videos that were kindly linked in one of the previous posts.

I noted in the A/A tutorial, that on the weapons selection MFD, when A/A armaments are being selected, that my loaded weapons are not 'caged' in the box that shows which weapon type is selected. I am not sure why, but assume it is due to the fact that I was on the ground? I was just messing around with it...I have to actually throw a flight together and see how it all works when airborne...
    Matt

Was your radar in STBY or TRNX?

In order to select the weapons, your radar has to be transmitting.

Ken

Thanks, Ken. That did the trick. How to select which stores are being use from which rack is next...

....It showed the Amraam on my furthest right pylon as 'RDY'....does it automatically select this"? I couldn't seem to override it with any bezel button selection in the weapon select screen?

...I am totally lovin' this plane!!!! There is so much cool systems modelling and way more than I had anticipated!
    Matt

Yes, you select the type of weapon you want and the system selects which one of those type will be ready for the shot. A lot of that logic is designed to preserve weight and balance by picking the type on alternate sides of the jet as well as forward and aft.

Ken

Awesome. Thanks!!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    No way...not implying anything, think this is obvious. It will be plain stupid... Only stating that beeing the afterburner right in my picture similar to real ones, (almost transparent), something should be wrong with the afterburner picture you posted. Donīt know why is different, perhaps just a different hour of the day. Have no problem at all with this, and this matter finishes here. It's of no importance. Hope you accept this.

Regards
    Whatever...stop beefing where there is no need and stop accusing! Thank you Bye!