Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 23
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Ready for action :salute: . Has not used the weapans yet, but the aircraft has the right feeling!! Superb model

Ernie

Let the killing begin...this is FSX?

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Anyone else remember this?

I loved mine. Learned all about HOTAS at a very early age (Janes F-15E and F/A-18E).

Would be nice to see something similar made!
    Diego, you have no doubt seen the TM Warthog?

I shot something down last night with a 120...don't know what it was. Too high to be a Cessna. That was a first for me. Gave me bad dreams.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstF View Post
    Ready for action :salute: . Has not used the weapans yet, but the aircraft has the right feeling!! Superb model

And it appears some effects that werent supposed to be around made it in the installer.....check the milviz forums. Im posting how to remove that ugly red light on the landing light.
    -JB

And it appears some effects that werent supposed to be around made it in the installer.....check the milviz forums. Im posting how to remove that ugly red light on the landing light
    .....Oooops, in fact, I like this effect :redf: . But I`ll check your posting i Milviz forum.
    Ernie

Well if you wanna keep it im not gonna stop ya but lol afaik there is no red light on an F-15 nose gear
    -JB

Thanks Naruto-kun, I am one that would like to remove it. Most I have seen don't have red associated with them. I will keep my eyes open on the Milviz Forum. Great job on the F-15E by the way.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Naruto-kun,
    I have a clean install of the f15 but none of .fx files mentioned about the red light is present in my effects folder.
    Posted here because i´m unable to conect in the milviz forum at present (Already in contact with roadrunner to resolve this).
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I think even after you released the SP, I think I will stick to the Iris plane, cause it still looks like you have issues with it.

Red light issue caused by left over effects files from the original install. The fix for anyone wanting to remove the red part of the landing lights is go the the FSX / Effects folder, find the files listed below and removed them. They are left over from the original install and not part of the SP which is a whole new aircraft. There are no issues at all that I can see with the update. Great job everyone at Milviz.

Remove these files. If you don't have them great, don't worry.
    Milviz_F15_navgreen.fx
    Milviz_F15_navred.fx
    Milviz_F15_navwhite.fx
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Got, it and have to say wow! I was able to test fly the beta's and can say this is a totally different bird altogether.

Ken, does the installer install your HAS's to the appropriate Mudhen fields? Also, I didn't see any missions contained with the file, do we donwload those from Milviz seperately? Thanks again. May have to call in sick on Monday now.

Matt
    Matt,

No, the missions are totally separate from the jet. The missions are part of a freeware package that is available for direct download off my own server and the links to download are in a thread at the MilViz website F-15E General Support forums.

However, this latest SP jet will work in the missions without you needing to make any modifications or having to re-download the package. The missions you already have work equally well with the SP.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Black.Hornet View Post
    I think even after you released the SP, I think I will stick to the Iris plane, cause it still looks like you have issues with it.
    Well, you are certainly entitled to your views and your money belongs to you. But, for what it is worth, there are a number of things our jet can do that remains unique in FSX.

Sorry to see you don't want to get in on the fun. But, again, I understand and respect your choice.

Cheers,

Ken

I am still only getting 10-12 fps at KEDW and 15 or so with chop out in the boonies with this bird. Time for me to mothball it and try again later after a long overdue new system build.

Then again I have never had a computer that liked any plane or heli with CRT displays. The Aerosoft F-16 being the sole exception.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I am still only getting 10-12 fps at KEDW and 15 or so with chop out in the boonies with this bird. Time for me to mothball it and try again later after a long overdue new system build.

Then again I have never had a computer that liked any plane or heli with CRT displays. The Aerosoft F-16 being the sole exception.

...Incredibly odd. The aerosoft F-16 is the only aircraft on my 4.8ghz system that kills my frames to the point of unflyability. Very strange...
    Matt

Curious how is this F-15E comparing to any other high end add-on aircraft you have purchased in the past?

We tried to code it in a way that makes it framerate friendly, but clearly the jet has a lot of processes going on all the time with the UFC and the MFD's and it is a demanding jet on your computer.

Ken

Colin has asked me to pass along this potential solution to your frame rate issue:

It will require a small bit of manual editing using Notepad, but I think it is easy enough to implement.

1. Use Windows Explorer to path down to the jet's folder. Should be located in your FSX folder at: SimObjects/Airplanes/Milviz F-15E

2. Once inside the jet's folder, locate and open up the folder named model1

3. In this you will see three internal model files that are named: F15_10212_3.MDL, F15_10212_3_L.MDL, and F15_10212_3_VL.MDL

4. There is another file in there named model.cfg and you can open this using Notepad and make edits to it. By default, the highest resolution (and consequently the most demanding framerate version) is used and referenced in that model.cfg file. What you can do is amend the name of the model file used in the interior. Here is how:

5. Open the model.cfg file using Notepad and then you will see this entry at the bottom: "interior=F15_10212_3"

6. Edit this entry to read instead: "interior=F15_10212_3_L"

7. Save and then exit Notepad. Fire up FSX and select the F-15E and see how you like the framerates with the lower resolution jet. If you like it, then you are done. If you don't then repeat step 6 except name it to "interior=F15_10212_3_VL"

Hope that helps!

Ken

Quick question, I downloaded the file from your product page and the .EXE file is MV-F-15E_SP so Am I correct in assuming this is the lastest and greatest ready to rock version?

Steve

Don't quote me, but you should be good to go!

As I understand it, the .exe is a full install, whether you have the previous version or not.

Good hunting! Diego

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Don't quote me, but you should be good to go!

As I understand it, the .exe is a full install, whether you have the previous version or not.

Good hunting! Diego
    Thanks, I've been following the development from the start and it looks like time to jump in, afterall I see the real thing being built every day at work (BOEING St Louis) but for some silly reason they just won't let me fly theirs .

Steve

Could someone please post a pic how the Day-Burners should look like?.
    I only see a few rings.
    Thanks
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I only see a few rings.
    Thanks
    Michael

Yes....please....

Do not ask me what I`m doing, but I have great fun......

Ernie

Awesome 'shots'

Looks like you had some fun!

Excellent shots Ernie
    A lot of fun here.....
    We have to fly a MP session sooner or later (it's been a long time since I attended) :salute:

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post

I only see a few rings.
    Thanks
    Michael
    Here it is

Also I was noticing are those A2A shockwave lights on the nose gear?

Attachment 60126

Thank you very much,Black Hornet!
    Must be something wrong here.
    Michael