Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 17
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

We are now in the midst of remaking and fixing a lot of stuff for the Eagle E. This does, sadly, take time. But, that said, we will be releasing a second iteration of the SP1.1 beta shortly. This will fix the installation issues at the very least and a lot of other things as well.
    -JB

Can you tell us if is are reports of increases in performance,fps, ect with this patch or if this is being looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by fox18delta View Post
    I'm late to this thread but I think this is the sound your are talking about ... and the Iris version has it.
    Listen at the 1:30 mark on this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfNeAr8ix10

at 3:12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25a9N...eature=related

cool...
    lots of smoke comin out of that machines engines

I'm late to this thread but I think this is the sound your are talking about ... and the Iris version has it.
    Listen at the 1:30 mark on this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfNeAr8ix10

at 3:12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25a9N...eature=related
    Yeeaaahhh!!! That's it!!!!! So, you say, the Iris version has this???!!??? That would be frickin awesome to hear in FSX...never thought I would ever see the day that sound would be on an F-15 or 16 in FS...
    Matt

Just purchased the MilViz bird and the detail and systems are very nice indeed.

The customer support is also first class.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Yeeaaahhh!!! That's it!!!!! So, you say, the Iris version has this???!!??? That would be frickin awesome to hear in FSX...never thought I would ever see the day that sound would be on an F-15 or 16 in FS...
    Yes, the Iris F-15E has this effect.

For me, It's clearly audible from the front and back seats, "Flyby" mode, and from "Landing Gear View", looking forward.

It cannot be heard from "Spot View". I'll mention it to Tim on the bugs page. It's likely they intended it to be heard from "spot view".

Hopes this helps.

paul

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Sure does, but what's the deal with discussing Iris' plane in the Milviz thread? If I may, I suggest that we move to this thread to discuss the pros and cons of either: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...E-or-IRIS-F-15.

Charter Member 2012
    Well said orionll

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Sure does, but what's the deal with discussing Iris' plane in the Milviz thread? If I may, I suggest that we move to this thread to discuss the pros and cons of either: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...E-or-IRIS-F-15.

oops... my bad, it's a long thread. Just answering a question a few entries back.

For the record, I purchased the Milviz F-15E and really enjoyed their product with the beta service pack. I've parked it until their final service pack is released.

Milviz has been excellent customer service-wise for me and I will be buying their charlie model when its here.

Congrats and thanks for following through with your E model.
    paul

Ahh those videos are perfect, I thought the sound came from an aux blow in door or something, the vids clearly show the sound is the nozzle servo motor running. To be honest the sound I've heard is more harsh and much shorter and sharper, less than a second usually but could be the same source.

Kindest Michael

Charter Member 2012
    I thought i would have a go at a repaint but decided that there were too many psds to work with (9!) and I could not get them to work properly in photo shop.

Such a pity

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I thought i would have a go at a repaint but decided that there were too many psds to work with (9!) and I could not get them to work properly in photo shop.

Such a pity
    Well yes the paint kit for the «E» is extremely complex. I have tried to simplify it as far as I could. But there are a lot of details to be applied, so the complex kit is required.
    If you'll be kind to send a PM, I will try to figure out your problems and help solving them.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

I'm late to this thread but I think this is the sound your are talking about ...
    Those are the electric servo motors driving the nozzle petals. They are very distinctive sounds...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

this might help

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Ahh those videos are perfect, I thought the sound came from an aux blow in door or something, the vids clearly show the sound is the nozzle servo motor running. To be honest the sound I've heard is more harsh and much shorter and sharper, less than a second usually but could be the same source.

Kindest Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Those are the electric servo motors driving the nozzle petals. They are very distinctive sounds...
    I quote from other websites explaining the sound-----

Yes; what you hear is the CENC "Convergent Exhaust Nozzle Control" that moves the actuators for the engine's exhaust nozzle.

If it 'zip-zips' (whistles) when the throttle is moved it is a F100-PW-2XX. The F110-GE-1xx engines use hydraulic (engine oil) actuators to move their nozzle, which is silent.

The CENC uses high-pressure air from the 13th stage of compression, the highest in the engine, to move the nozzle. The CENC is akin to an "air-motor" As the air moves through the CENC in one direction the nozzle is "driven" open by flexible-shafts that turn screw-jack type actuators. In less than a second, the CENC can turn 341 revolutions to fully open or close the nozzle. When air is directed through the CENC the opposite direction, the nozzle will close as everything spins in reverse.

The CENC controls "nozzle position" or Aj (Area Jet) which is the primary method of maintaining proper EPR (Engine Pressure Ratio) and N1 (Fan RPM) Whenever the pilot moves the throttle, or PLA (Power Lever Angle) the engine adjusts for the requested thrust, and Aj is the most evident adjustment made. (Nozzle opens/closes and the zip of the CENC is heard)

The CENC has an exhaust port that dumps the used air overboard. It is located about 5 o'clock on the engine just aft of the 'H-Flange' where the augmentor duct attaches to the aft-fan duct. On the Viper the exhaust port would be located between the ventrals, more towards the one on the right.

Every PW F100 engine has used a CENC to drive it's nozzle. Even the prototype F100-PW-100 made this sound. Some rumors say that this sound is the "screech" that gave the F-15 the name "Eagle"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    One is the PW nozzle showing the Speed Break open. The "Turkey Feathers" are the External Nozzle Segments. The parts that run horizontal around the nozzle and say "NO PUSH" at the aft end and "NO STEP" at the forward end. The newest PW-229 engines have black carbon-fiber Turkey Feathers.

The sound in the videos posted above reminds me of the leading edge mechanisms of a Boeing 747 which aren't exactly similiar, of course. But the noise of the mechanism is a screech-whirr at high pitch and very very loud. If you stand under the wing of a parked 747 when the leading edge is extended you can watch the "flexible-shafts that turn screw-jack type actuators" turning. Not that the comparison is perfect. But the sound will make you jump out of your denim jeans ----if it is new to you and you have no ear protection.

A Chinese girl I once knew, helping her learn English, described denim jeans as cow trousers. Love that girl, miss her.

Where was I? Oh yup, that noise should be added to aircraft such as the F-16 but how? Proper engine of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    They are very distinctive sounds...
    I like it

look at 1:30
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

That's the best demonstration of that sound that I have ever seen! Nice find!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by wilycoyote4 View Post
    I quote from other websites explaining the sound-----

Yes; what you hear is the CENC "Convergent Exhaust Nozzle Control" that moves the actuators for the engine's exhaust nozzle.

If it 'zip-zips' (whistles) when the throttle is moved it is a F100-PW-2XX. The F110-GE-1xx engines use hydraulic (engine oil) actuators to move their nozzle, which is silent.

The CENC uses high-pressure air from the 13th stage of compression, the highest in the engine, to move the nozzle. The CENC is akin to an "air-motor" As the air moves through the CENC in one direction the nozzle is "driven" open by flexible-shafts that turn screw-jack type actuators. In less than a second, the CENC can turn 341 revolutions to fully open or close the nozzle. When air is directed through the CENC the opposite direction, the nozzle will close as everything spins in reverse.

The CENC controls "nozzle position" or Aj (Area Jet) which is the primary method of maintaining proper EPR (Engine Pressure Ratio) and N1 (Fan RPM) Whenever the pilot moves the throttle, or PLA (Power Lever Angle) the engine adjusts for the requested thrust, and Aj is the most evident adjustment made. (Nozzle opens/closes and the zip of the CENC is heard)

The CENC has an exhaust port that dumps the used air overboard. It is located about 5 o'clock on the engine just aft of the 'H-Flange' where the augmentor duct attaches to the aft-fan duct. On the Viper the exhaust port would be located between the ventrals, more towards the one on the right.

Every PW F100 engine has used a CENC to drive it's nozzle. Even the prototype F100-PW-100 made this sound. Some rumors say that this sound is the "screech" that gave the F-15 the name "Eagle"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    One is the PW nozzle showing the Speed Break open. The "Turkey Feathers" are the External Nozzle Segments. The parts that run horizontal around the nozzle and say "NO PUSH" at the aft end and "NO STEP" at the forward end. The newest PW-229 engines have black carbon-fiber Turkey Feathers.

The sound in the videos posted above reminds me of the leading edge mechanisms of a Boeing 747 which aren't exactly similiar, of course. But the noise of the mechanism is a screech-whirr at high pitch and very very loud. If you stand under the wing of a parked 747 when the leading edge is extended you can watch the "flexible-shafts that turn screw-jack type actuators" turning. Not that the comparison is perfect. But the sound will make you jump out of your denim jeans ----if it is new to you and you have no ear protection.

A Chinese girl I once knew, helping her learn English, described denim jeans as cow trousers. Love that girl, miss her.

Where was I? Oh yup, that noise should be added to aircraft such as the F-16 but how? Proper engine of course.
    Once again your knowledge and research enlightens me, being an engineer I find this sort of information interesting and enhances my enjoyment of aircraft.

Thank you kind sir.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Sure does, but what's the deal with discussing Iris' plane in the Milviz thread?
    Uh, exactly this sort of thing happens all the time in the SOH forums and quite often with Milviz stuff being discussed on other's product discussion threads. So, yea, but no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Once again your knowledge and research enlightens me, being an engineer I find this sort of information interesting and enhances my enjoyment of aircraft.

Thank you kind sir.

Michael
    Have to agree. Always interesting to hear about the inner workings. Thanks for sharing.
    :ernae:

Thanks Frank Safranek and Michael Davies, owe you ales, I mean a barrel.

Now then, how do we put that sound into other aircraft, anyone? I've never tried. It's a new thought to me but I'm researching it.
    I 'll guess there are folks that do know the procedure.

I don't think the pilot in the cockpit would hear the sound in a real aircraft. Or not much. But outside would be different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

A bit more----

http://www.pw.utc.com/products/military/f100.asp lotsa details, great photos, diagrams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_F100
    The first -229 was flown in 1989 and has a thrust of 17,800 lbs (dry thrust) and 29,160 lbs with afterburner. It currently powers late model F-16s and F-15E Strike Eagle.

Specifications (F100-PW-229)

General characteristicsType: Afterburning turbofan
    Length: 191 in (4,851 mm)
    Diameter: 34.8 in (884 mm) inlet, 46.5 in (1,181 mm) maximum external
    Dry weight: 3,740 lb (1,696 kg)

Components
    Compressor: Dual Spool Axial compressor with 3 fan and 10 compressor stages
    Bypass ratio: 0.36:1
    Combustors: annular
    Turbine: 2 low-pressure and 2 high-pressure stages

Performance
    Maximum thrust: *17,800 lbf (79.1 kN) military thrust
    29,160 lbf (129.6 kN) with afterburner
    Overall pressure ratio: 32:1
    Turbine inlet temperature: 2460F (1349C)[7]
    Specific fuel consumption: *Military thrust: 0.76 lb/(lbf·h) (77.5 kg/(kN·h))
    Full afterburner: 1.94 lb/(lbf·h) (197.8 kg/(kN·h))
    Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.8:1 (76.0 N/kg)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    What’s the current situation regarding the Service pack for the F-15? I have installed the beta when it was first released, so is there any point in installing servicepack 1.1B? And is that the finished item?<o></o>
    This topic seems to be slipping of the radar.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Regards,<o></o>
    Ian.

Ian, much progress has been made and an announcement when the official SP1 update is ready will be made...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Lets just say that it might be possible for us to do more than we thought we could do.......Thats whats causing the delay.
    -JB