Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 15
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Blog Entries
    To all of you who have been so patiently waiting for the F-15's SP, I think the wait is almost over. I say 'think' because it isn't done until it's done. However, in reading the Beta's teams' threads it looks like they have just about wrapped up the package. All that is needed is a pretty bow.

For those of you who are into realism, as in as real as it gets, I think you will be impressed with what was done. They had an Air Force F-15E instructor pilot, with something like 2500 hours in the jet, fly the model and give his input. Final tweaking was done based on what he reported. Based on what I read in his final report, I think you will be impressed.

I know I am looking forward to getting the SP and seeing how the F-15E flies and manages the weapons systems. I have one of the earlier beta models and had a ball pretending to be protecting the US mainland from terrorists flying AI aircraft and looking to crash them into some innocent MSFS auto-gen scenery. Let me tell those who haven't yet purchased the model, those AI terrorists really come to pieces quickly when the gattlin gun rounds rip out their aluminum guts, or the just fired missile makes them a new A-hole.

They say good thing come to those who wait. I think the wait will soon be over and you will like the present.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks John for the update, the wait has been long but to the credit of the team, it is evident they want everything right before release. We would not want it any other way. Can't wait to give her a spin.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I won't provide his feedback because I have given it to Colin for use as he best deems fit, but the IP is Lieutenant Colonel, Paul "Paco" Harris, who is a friend of mine at work. He flew the model for three hours and provided very detailed feedback on the flight characteristics, which we then used to tweak and obtain the updates he wanted. Lt Col Harris has well over 2,000 hours logged on the F-15E, and in addition to being an F-15E IP, also graduated as an F-15E IP from the USAF Weapons School.

So, this guy knows where the bear went in the woods!

So, we were obviously very happy to obtain this kind of feedback.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    I won't provide his feedback because I have given it to Colin for use as he best deems fit, but the IP is Lieutenant Colonel, Paul "Paco" Harris, who is a friend of mine at work. He flew the model for three hours and provided very detailed feedback on the flight characteristics, which we then used to tweak and obtain the updates he wanted. Lt Col Harris has well over 2,000 hours logged on the F-15E, and in addition to being an F-15E IP, also graduated as an F-15E IP from the USAF Weapons School.

So, this guy knows where the bear went in the woods!

So, we were obviously very happy to obtain this kind of feedback.

Ken
    Great job acquiring an SME on the flight model Ken. I truly am looking forward to the latest iteration with the pending SP. Thanks for all of your dedicated work.

Matt

So I just flew the service pack...my jaw dropped.

It's seriously an entire new jet. There is a LOT of new stuff in there!

I don't want to spoil the surprise to anyone who already has the aircraft, but on your first takeoff with the service pack...be sure you're strapped in tight, and the speakers are turned up all the way...WOW!

My jaw literally dropped! Seconds after takeoff I alt-entered, signed on skype, and wrote Colin..."HOLY FCK!"

I'm so excited right now, it's just beautiful

Regards, Diego

At the risk of Colin shooting me for revealing information ahead of the release, let me just say this ....

If you do not already have a nice set of speakers, including a bass woofer, go out now and get them! Holy Moly! The new sounds!!! I was based four years at Nellis AFB, and these new sounds take me back!

Ken

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Klipsch Pro Audio are probably about the best money can buy out there right now. Certaintly a good investment for aircraft with good sounds.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

You guys are driving me nuts, I have my new computer built, my speakers are turned to max, FSX is installed with all sliders to the right and I am sitting on the end of the runway at Nellis with no F-15E to fly.

Wait, I just found a couple of and am much more calm now. Thanks for the update guys, now I am really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    and I am sitting on the end of the runway at Nellis with no F-15E to fly.

Me too.

Have been waiting to purchase until the SP is released. Very excited to hear the good news!

and I am sitting on the end of the runway at Nellis with no F-15E to fly.

Thanks for the update guys, now I am really excited.
    OK, now I have it. You're going to love it. Many improvements.

No longer active
    And for those who are more (or exclusively like me) interested in the flying part, here are just 2 excerpts from Pacos feedback:
    ...roll rate inertias is "spot on."...the F-15E has a significant amount of inertia at slower speeds and I like the much more realistic way Milviz has modeled it in their jet.
    ...The landing experience is "outstanding" very realistic how the jet rolls and handles during the approach and landing phase. "the landing was the most realistic simulator experience I have ever seen!"

God, I can't stop thinking about this aircraft.

I probably spent an hour just doing touch and go's.

I have never felt so 'there' in FSX as I have with this aircraft.

You really feel like you're using all your senses, not just visual.

We really appreciate everyone's patience with the service pack. For those who have held off, remember, there is a 30 day trial period

We will continue to keep you guys posted.

Diego

Good grief Bone are you still messing around with that alpha of the 15C? Sorry guys for those who want that baby she got mothballed when I jumped on to help with the 15E and now that im getting back on her im redoing things a bit while i can. Looking forward to the suddenly new incredibly awesome things happening at Milviz .
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Good grief Bone are you still messing around with that alpha of the 15C?

I still jump into it on occasion, and last night I just felt like it. It's in good shape for being an alpha.

Blog Entries
    Would it be a fair assumption that we are not going to see the update this week?<o></o>
    I don’t currently have the F-15 installed, having done a complete re-install last week,so I’m waiting for the update before reinstalling.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Ian.

Ian,

I do not wish to mislead you, nor ignore your perfectly understandable question.

Only Colin can make the release decision. So, I don't know if it will be officially released today or this weekend. However, I will say it is close.

Ken

I will say this much....To borrow VRS terms it has been a bit like whack-a-mole lately.
    -JB

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We are currently testing the SP1b package. The installer still needs to be cleaned up. My initial impressions of it are excellent though, and while it will most likely be not before the end of this week. Hopefully it will be at some point next week. Colin has told me to come on here and give some initial impressions (this is the first time I have flown the F-15 since an early Alpha version due to my move, etc), but as I said thus far it is looking very good. As soon as we have feedback from all the testers, and have resolved any outstandings gripes I will let you guys here know. I know it has been awhile in the making, but hopefully the end result will have made the wait worth it.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Colin has said I can post this link to our MilViz general forums. In this, he has made an offer to existing customers (and also to anyone who purchases the aircraft) regarding the status of the SP.

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1566

Cheers,

Ken

Just one more gesture showing how professional MilViz is and how much they care about their customers. Thanks Colin, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Would it be a fair assumption that we are not going to see the update this week?<o></o>
    I don’t currently have the F-15 installed, having done a complete re-install last week,so I’m waiting for the update before reinstalling.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Ian.
    Ian,

Please check your Sim Outhouse PM. I have sent you a PM with information from Colin Pearson.

Cheers,

Ken

Just one more gesture showing how professional MilViz is and how much they care about their customers. Thanks Colin, much appreciated.
    Thanks, Tom, much appreciated! All I can say is that we honestly try to do our very best, both for the aircraft development and for our customers.

Cheers,

Ken

Just got her installed and took her for a fling at Prince Sultans AB. Incredible sound and handling. You guys outdid yourselves. The burners are great as well. Off to fly her at Nellis. Thanks a million for the preview of the SP.

Thanks, Tom! Very happy to see you are able to enjoy her! We hope we can get the fully completed SP out soon enough.

Cheers,

Ken