Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 14
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Everything is ready for patch release except we may have found a way to elliminate the annoying manual dll loading so that it wont interfere with other addons. Looking at another weekend release.
    Thats good news.

Ian.

The jet's function is very stable and functional. And with the development and further refinement of the installer, we believe the customers will have a vastly smoother and consistent experience from the outset.

Ken

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We are working on getting rid of the DLL issues that exist. So far our results have been pretty positive, and we think you guys will definately notice a difference in the aircrafts overall performance.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

These are, indeed, good news.
    Keep on the good working

regards

Did you guys fix the position lights? I hope you have them with the correct color this time.

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by robert_basil View Post
    Did you guys fix the position lights? I hope you have them with the correct color this time.
    Yes, they have been fixed to adhere to ICAO (and watercraft for that matter) standards.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by robert_basil View Post

Thanks,
    Robert
    Can't wait to see your evaluation of the Iris bird when released. I'm sure they're taking note.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Can't wait to see your evaluation of the Iris bird when released. I'm sure they're taking note.

Matt
    Well for their sake, I hope they at least got the lights right, or I'll be their worst nightmare. When is the Iris bird suppose to be released anyway, I haven't heard to much on it?

Robert

Really, Robert? Our worst nightmare?

After having flown over 2,000 USAF combat sorties, and be shot at dozens of times while in the airplane, I serously doubt I shall be threatened by any of your words.

I sincerely hope you can find happiness in your life. I assure you that with two children, a wife of nearly 20 years, and a family and labrador retriever who all love me, and the satisfaction of surviving in one piece about a dozen combat deployments and retired after 24 years of service, that I can weather your "evaluations" and still retain a sincere pride in my small part of crafting this virtual jet which I am sure our customers by and large are enjoying.

Cheers, and best of days!

Ken Stallings

And also, if your implication of nightmare was referring to Iris, then let me take this opportunity to wish our competition the best. And I mean that most sincerely. I have respect for the work Iris had to put into their work, and I would not wish anyone to sully what they have done. So, once again, it is my sincere desire that you find happiness in your life so that you can avoid any desire to actually create a nightmare for anyone (whether Iris, MilViz, or frankly anyone).

This is a very small and low margin profession and hobby developing these add-on designs for FSX. The work required far exceeds any tangible rewards. It is mainly done for love of the creative process, and I hope people can see that enough to respect what is done, whether competitiion or not. For this reason, and many others, I respect the competition, and hope that everyone else can as well.

Cheers,

Ken

With the patch possibly coming out this weekend, I am sure all who purchased are looking forward to it. It would be best that comments like being a nightmare for someone be restrained. If anyone is not satisfied with the patch please post directly to the Milviz forum. Comments of a constructive nature are encouraged here as they will only make a good product better. Thanks for understanding, I want to keep this thread on a positive basis.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

WOW Ken, it was a joke, but I see you must be upset about something.

At Stovall, I apologize I had no serious intention of being anyone's worst nightmare, I couldn't if I tried. I just thought it was all in good fun, but again, Ken tried to make it into something more. I think Ken is just a little upset that with all of his Air Force experience he didn't even know which lights go where. So with that in mind, again I apologize if you misinterpret my humor for something darker in your own imagination.

Thanks,
    Robert

Blog Entries
    I have done beta testing for both Iris and Milviz. I can vouch for Ken comments on the dedication, love and perseverance of the developers and the beta testers. We do it for love of the hobby and the joy of creating something special. Why else would any sane (we are sane, aren't we?) person spend months flying the same airplane, over and over. Other sim flying (read fun) is forgotten as you test irritation after irritation of the model, flying the same profile over and over. I wish I had a dollar for every take off to mil/combat climb I have done, stopping every 5000 feet or so and recording times to test the climb profile.

Amazingly, after all those months, we can miss the color of the lights being reversed. Or miss the misspelling of a label, or some other detail that in no way takes away from the joy of flying the model. To those who want to forgo the whole to judge by the part, I say get your butt in as a beta tester. Give up weekends and evenings to make sure the lights and the labels are correct. Then you will have earned the right to tell the would how the paint is a bit too shinny or dull.

Otherwise you are nothing more than a Monday morning quarterback wasting your time and your fellow workers time, as you tell them how "insert name" is an idiot for not "insert play."

I am sure the Iris F-15E when it comes out will be a wonderful model and provide a lot of joy and satisfaction to the people who buy the airplane. I am sure there will also be people (most of whom don't purchase the airplane) who will trash it for "insert picayunish complaint." In doing so, they will miss the joy and excitement of imaging they are piloting a multi-million dollar military fighter, or other favorite dream of flying because it isn't perfect.

I have had the joy of actually flying multi-million dollar fighters and $100,000 GA aircraft in real life. Yet, I still smile and get goosebumps when the reality of a simulator slips away and I am transported back (even if for a moment) into the cockpit. I can still feel the Gs and relive the beauty and sense of closeness to God when you see the stars through the canopy at 30,000 feet. Or look down to earth and see a million lights, looking like diamonds on black velvet.

You know, at times like this, I could care less if the seat doesn't match the model perfectly or the Nav lights are crossed. I am in my own little world.

Thank you developers and beta testers from around the world for giving me this joy at so little cost.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post

I have had the joy of actually flying multi-million dollar fighters and $100,000 GA aircraft in real life. Yet, I still smile and get goosebumps when the reality of a simulator slips away and I am transported back (even if for a moment) into the cockpit. I can still feel the Gs and relive the beauty and sense of closeness to God when you see the stars through the canopy at 30,000 feet. Or look down to earth and see a million lights, looking like diamonds on black velvet.

You know, at times like this, I could care less if the seat doesn't match the model perfectly or the Nav lights are crossed. I am in my own little world.

Thank you developers and beta testers from around the world for giving me this joy at so little cost.
    Thanks for the really cool statement John. I envy your flying the real thing. Hearing that you, as a real pilot, can still escape from the simulation world into a world of your own is what attracts many of us to fly FSX. Flying an aircraft like the F-15E is about as close to the real thing as most of us will get. Thanks you for giving us your expertise as a beta tester for both Milviz and Iris. I know their products are better because of your efforts.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Well said, Skyhawk, Stovall and JMig. I deeply respect the effort and dedication of developers, be they freeware or payware. And I couln't care less if a bolt is missing or a light has not entirely the right color, as long as the product as a whole gives the immersion we are all looking for. It must be demotivating for developers to put all their energy and dedication into building a plane and then not just being commented on, but critisized for, petty details that even people who have flown the actual plane do not care about. Fortunately, as the above posts show, there are many happy simmers who appreciate the efforts of developers. I hope there are enough of us to keep our hobby prospering.

I Agree to a point.

If it was Freeware then and only then, I commend them for doing this of their own time and love for our hobby.

But if it's Payware, then if you want my money, well you better work for it. That includes doing research on how the actual aircraft is, and not faking it with inaccurate or even missing parts.

If you look at the big companies, like VRS, Aerosoft, PMDG, and A2A, of course I am not trying to forget some of the up and coming talented ones making it to the stage now-a-days. But, I feel, just like the "MS Flight" discussions, we need to keep the integrity of Flight Simulator just that, a simulator, and not a Flight Game. If that means to make sure a developer does his home work and makes the aircraft like the real thing, then so be it. Not put in false parts or even totally change how it is because they didn't take the time to make sure it is correct.

See when we start allowing these developers to cut corners or even give us ridiculous or non-existent things on the aircraft then we might as well be playing MS Flight. I would hope people would say something, cause I sure would, especially if I see something going the wrong way and it's something I love.

I don't want to put no developer down, but when they act as if I am attacking them, instead of just pointing out the obvious, then I guess we will have a problem. That is what happens these days, developers don't want to hear if something is wrong and once their ego is bruised they will retaliate on the person expressing the issues. And, what is really a tragedy is when we as a whole allow them to do that.

There are a lot of former pilots, or people with backgrounds of the real aircraft that need to speak up. It's unfortunate that I have that background with the F-15. Now if it was not the case then I wouldn't have spoken or even said anything. But it's my passion for the sim, that compels me to say something so others who have never seen the REAL cockpit will get the ability to learn what the REAL thing is like and not something that is faked with "make believe" items in there.

I just call it like I see it,
    Robert Basil

Basil, this is getting to the point that it looks like you have some sort of ax to grind. From where this comes I don't know and don't really care. Mistakes happen, even simple ones like getting the green and red lights backwards. Even by the best teams. I get the green and red backwards all the time, and I should know. Most people understand, and if the product is well made, and the developers are willing to patch the problems, are willing to stick with it. This is normal. Your attitude as a customer has a great deal to do with how you are treated when things don't go 100% to your expectations. The customer may always be right, but when the customer comes storming in with an attitude and a chip on his shoulder about a small defect, acting like an outraged “busy body”, you can expect 1) the problem to get fixed, and (but) 2) not to be offered coffee and donuts when you storm in the second (and third) time. In other words, if they are making an effort, loose the attitude and try working with them. It works, and everyone ends up happier.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Dear friend Robert.

It is better to not bring this discussion to a level that will ultimately cause the forum's admins to intervene on the thread.

Thank you in advance for your understanding

still going?

Truth Be told I am surprised that this thread hasnt been Locked down yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    There's only one reason for the thread to be locked down and I believe there is an alternative option.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Maybe that's his intent...I think you banned the wrong person. Anyway, I agree that most of his threads seem directed personally at Milviz. It started with his T-38 minutia and continues onto their Mudhen. I think if it's poosible to clean up the thread a bit, as there's much goodness contained within, it should be done. To lock this thread is an injustice to Colin and his team at showcasing their current labor of love.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Maybe that's his intent...I think you banned the wrong person. Anyway, I agree that most of his threads seem directed personally at Milviz. It started with his T-38 minutia and continues onto their Mudhen. I think if it's poosible to clean up the thread a bit, as there's much goodness contained within, it should be done. To lock this thread is an injustice to Colin and his team at showcasing their current labor of love.

Matt
    We may not be perfect but we do know who and when to ban when the SOH rules are broken! The thread will not be closed yet unless there is another, different contravention of the SOH rules.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Would you guys (SOH Staff) be against us starting a new thread once the patch is released?

There is too much rambling going on in the current one lol

Diego

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Firstly I would like to point out that I have been informed by Colin that Robert Basil is not a customer. We take complaints from actual customers pretty seriously, and I know myself personally along with the other members of the team try to go above and beyond to address any complaints brought to our attention. Probably the best example of this is for the 310R owners, who will remember when we added the brake lines to the main landing gear, and the functional vent window to the cockpit in a subsequent SP.

With that said we certaintly try our best to please our customers. We cannot please everyone, and it is certaintly a let down when that is the case.. To say that we have never seen an aircraft. Well that is just an insult. I think I am the most junior person at Milviz, and I have 8 years as an aircraft machinest, 2 years under my belt as a powerplant and rotor systems technician, and about 5 years of that as a quality representative. Not to mention Ken who is retired Air Force, and still piloting both as a civilian and contractor. I think the only perosn on the team with no aviation experience at all is Colin, but he is an extremely talented 3D artist.

With that said I am sure this will be taken as I am biased being as I work for Milviz. Many other developers I am sure can vouch for me that not only am I a paying customer of just about ever FS company there is, but I also help out people in their communities as well. I really hope we all can move past this, and get along. Most importantly not get the thread locked. We cannot wait to show people what is ahead in the future, and that the F-15E is just laying the ground work for. I do apologize for the thread getting so out of hand. We appreciate the feed back. We honestly do, and it has all been taken in to consideration for both the SP & future developements.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Steve, thanks for the comments. It is totally apparent the Milviz team has the experience. The quality of the Milviz F-15E is evidence enough for that.

We will definitely kept this thread open barring something unforeseen. I come here on my own often just to see what is new with your wonderful aircraft. We appreciate you keeping us posted as to what is new and the SP.

Diego, I would welcome you or anyone starting a post SP thread. The discussion could concentrate on just post SP topics. Thanks for bringing it up.