Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 13
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Seemed like a reasonable question to me. Simmer down would include replies like that. It works both ways.
    Regards,
    Robert

Again, Colin has asked me to remove the post I made here and seek a friendlier tone. It would be nice if people noticed that.

Cheers,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    Seemed like a reasonable question to me. Simmer down would include replies like that. It works both ways.
    It was a deliberately provocative question. Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that the simple solution is to put in a request at Flight1 for a refund before the thirty-days has expired.

There's nothing preventing one from then making a new purchase after the Service Pack has been released and peer reviewed.

The post has the appearance of having been made purely with the intention of infering something nefarious and/or underhanded.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by robert_basil View Post
    I can understand the Holiday delay. My question is if you only get a 30 day refund, and when you release SP after the 30 day limit, and it does not fix the serious issues such as frame rates and in-accuracies, will you still allow us to return it? I only ask this cause it seems after the release it keeps getting pushed backed from even more problems, and now with the 30 days near and the promise of the SP that it will fix it, I just want to know if there would be some sort of guarantee so I am not suck with an aircraft that is broken.

Thank you for your time,
    Happy Holidays,
    Robert
    My recommendation would be that you avail yourself of the offer extended to you by Milviz for a refund now and get it over with because I suspect this plane will ever make you happy. There seems to be many other happy campers out there, and from the screen shots I can see why. I spent many years working on A-7Es in the navy, and I looked at the RAZBAM version in the same way you are examining this plane. Guess what – it isn't a perfect duplicate of the real thing. Still I am happy with it. For whatever reason you are not able to get to that point with the F-15E. Life's too short: get your refund and move on.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I honestly had no negative intentions. I just want to make sure that if they can not deliver that I myself would have that refund available if it couldn't be done. The reason I posted before about the plane was to get you only to improve it, not put it down. But as I have seen with this company from previous posts they misconstrued my critiquing as some secret conspiracy agenda to over throw a 3rd world government or something. They then turn around insult me, and allow others to continue the same on this very thread, for what? Cause I stated obvious issues to me and people who know this aircraft, hoping they could address it.

At N4GIX, I am sorry you feel that way, and thank you for the accusation. As for a reaction? No, that reaction was provoked by Colin long ago when this thread first started. But as you mentioned it yourself, you can request a refund, but that doesn't mean you are given that refund, clearly 2 different things. At Ken, I can only imagine what you said, and I hope people do notice you trying to be more professional now, since clearly you and your company have lacked that in the past. At PRB, I appreciate your time in this matter and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I wanted only to improve this project. So Merry Christmas gentlemen, and I want to wish you and your families a wonderful Holiday.

Take care,
    Robert Basil

Its hard not to wonder if there isnt some personal attack going on sometimes when we do a VERY accurate model but get attacked so many times over really nit picky issues....

Especially when there IS competition....

Im not saying that there is a personal attack going on. What im saying is dont blame some of the Milviz staff for getting upset.
    -JB

Robert,

I am going to ask this one more time and then move on. Again, Colin has asked me if you can PM me your purchase order number so that he can facilitate an immediate refund regardless of purchase date. To this point, I have received no purchase information from you.

Colin is trying really hard to work with you in an objective and fair manner. If you are concerned about your refund for the jet you have purchased, then please provide us with this purchase information and the refund will be issued without further delay.

Ken

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    PMing Colin would do them no good as he is banned.. If you email Colin at colin@milviz.com and state in an objective and reasonable manner why you would like a refund for the jet I am sure he would be happy to oblige. He has always taken peoples concerns seriously, and would not want to force the product on someone that does not wish to keep it. Have a Merry Christmas, and hopefully we can make this right for you.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

This seems more like the Playstation forums. Did I hit the wrong link?

...you can request a refund, but that doesn't mean you are given that refund, clearly 2 different things.
    Robert, Flight1 handles all the transactions, both sales and refunds. A refund request is made by the customer directly to Flight1, who will then process the refund request in a timely manner (usually within 24 hours) without question, or even having to consult anyone. It is Flight1 who provides the guarantee to the customer. The developer has no input into this process, since they have to agree to the Flight1 policy before being allowed to use the Flight1 system!

The process begins when the customer goes here and makes the request via a Support Ticket... http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Ok, I think all this kind of arguments is to be understood. No one likes to have a “problematic” product.</SPAN></SPAN>
    Myself, like many other people have problems with it, weapons not loading...</SPAN></SPAN>
    Ask the creators about it, and have an answer same day or they after. They tried to help. It didn’t work. </SPAN></SPAN>
    Understand they are trying to fix it. Hope they will be able to do so. Will not ask for a refund but, for the moment, my contract is not fulfilled. I believe it will, I’m dealing with serious, honest persons. </SPAN></SPAN>
    For now will fly like it is….it’s a very good model, will be better, for sure.</SPAN></SPAN>
    Perhaps next time will wait for a month or two, before buy…</SPAN></SPAN>

Regards</SPAN></SPAN>

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Ok, I think all this kind of arguments is to be understood. No one likes to have a “problematic” product.</SPAN></SPAN>
    Myself, like many other people have problems with it, weapons not loading...</SPAN></SPAN>
    Ask the creators about it, and have an answer same day or they after. They tried to help. It didn’t work. </SPAN></SPAN>
    Understand they are trying to fix it. Hope they will be able to do so. Will not ask for a refund but, for the moment, my contract is not fulfilled. I believe it will, I’m dealing with serious, honest persons. </SPAN></SPAN>
    For now will fly like it is….it’s a very good model, will be better, for sure.</SPAN></SPAN>
    Perhaps next time will wait for a month or two, before buy…</SPAN></SPAN>

Regards</SPAN></SPAN>
    That is a very fair statement and we very much appreciate your faith in us to get this right. We hope to continue to earn that faith. I've known Colin to be a person of integrity. We're going to work very hard on the SP and if that does not solve your issues, I am confident that Colin will make it right for you.

Cheers,

Ken

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This thing has got me so po'd that I can hardly wait to get back home so I can support milviz with my business. the f15 will be mine

First of all let me put it clear: I don't have a personal interest on Milviz's business. I'm just a customer of their exceptional products.

I've purchased F-15E just yesterday and I'm impressed. The model is nice, the flying behavior is convincing (I'm not a mudhen driver) , the avionics and systems' details are beyond my expectation. It is also available for me to enjoy it now.

By following the simple steps that anybody can find just before purchasing the product, everything went smoothly in my PC. NO PROBLEMS WITH STORES-NO CRASHES just pure enjoyment.

I've followed this topic and believe me or not, I was initally a bit reluctant to purchase based on some comments. However at the end, when money were available I decided based upon previous experience with the Cessna 310 and the T-38 . I've told my self "This product can't be wrong based on all previous products' quality and the F-15E's evident deep attention to detail, so maybe some eyes' impressions may be wrong". And I've then realized that my hypothesis was OK, based on my eyes and brain ability to see and interpret thinks presented in front of me.

So now I really don't care at all, if there will be a SP that will automatically place some text lines in dll.xml, when I can do it in fractions of a second by running the milviz-install executable, as advised by milviz even before purchasing the product. Also let me put it clear. the reason It didn't load on its own at first time was only my fault, since I had UAC on during the first run, although milviz and almost all otherdevelopers are suggesting the opposite.

Before wishing every fellow simmer in this ammicable forum merry Xmas, with all due respect, let me please ask from our community to be allways encouraging to those friends of us that spend their time providing the fuel for our hobby. It isn't the amount of our payment that keeps them trying, it is our kind words and good attitude that do it.

So dear friends merry Xmas to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    So now I really don't care at all, if there will be a SP that will automatically place some text lines in dll.xml, when I can do it in fractions of a second by running the milviz-install executable, as advised by milviz even before purchasing the product. Also let me put it clear. the reason It didn't load on its own at first time was only my fault, since I had UAC on during the first run, although milviz and almost all otherdevelopers are suggesting the opposite.

So dear friends merry Xmas to you all.
    Just a note. With me it's not just a case of adding a few lines in dll.xml. Done just that even with a file supplied by Colin, and still no joy, weapons not loading...can't figure why. my OS is a portuguese version of XP but never had this kind of problems with other products. Realy hope they will fix this.

Regards

W7-64 for me. I've just used the miliz-install found in the folder specified. If it doesn't work another way is to copy and paste the lines in dll.xml file using notepad+ editor. It should work when FSX reads these lines and loads the two milviz dll's.

GB.

Thank you for the very kind words! We are very happy you are having an enjoyable experience. I think when we release the SP you will like the jet even more.

And Beau, we are not forgetting about the issues you posted in our support forums. Colin took a Christmas break to spend time with his baby daughter. But, I know he is going to get back on the SP with a fury soon after. Solving your issues with the weapons is a priority of our's and again, we appreciate the patience you have shown us.

Ken

and now with the 30 days near and the promise of the SP that it will fix it, I just want to know if there would be some sort of guarantee so I am not suck with an aircraft that is broken.

Thank you for your time,
    Happy Holidays,
    Robert
    I don't think there's anything to worry about at all, with regards to a refund. Krazycolin understands the issue with the delayed SP and the 30 day refund window. However, for those who have put on a charade and subterfuge about purchasing the Mudhen, it's been decided that real money won't be refunded....sorry, call it a business decision. Of course, they are still welcome to voice their dissatisfaction and annoyance with the Mudhen.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    This thread is fading away now that it is no longer a sticky. Will there perhaps be good news about the SP in the coming days?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    This thread is fading away now that it is no longer a sticky. Will there perhaps be good news about the SP in the coming days?
    I am not involved with the F-15E. However, I have been following the team's postings on the SP's development. There were a lot of nagging issues, some caused by what I call "pick up sticks" effect, to be solved. By "pick up sticks" I mean that when you fix something, something else gets moved and needs to be corrected. Remember, all of this was done after the original coder left the team and took his code with him. So a lot of work arounds are having to be created.

I have been impressed with the dedication and persistence shown by these guys. The next time someone decides to trash this plane for some little thing not working perfectly, I hope he rereads this post first. These guys have put in literally hundreds of hours of coding and testing to not only fix but add to this F-15 model. They are doing it to help all of us in the flight sim community. They are also doing it out of pride and dedication to excellence.

It may not be perfect? Afterall this is FSX. Still, I think you will be happy with the SP. The aircraft is certainly worth the small investment. If you are a fighter kind of flyer, I recommend you purchase this bird. I have.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello John,
    <o></o>
    I too have the fullest confidence that the issues reported here will be addressed. I am waiting with my purchase not because of lack of confidence but because of laziness; I do not want to stumble over and have to deal with issues that I know are already being dealt with. If there were not to be an SP I might have bought the plane anyway for it seems to be truly magnificent, but now that the SP is coming I’d rather wait for that. I understand the F1 wrapper requires you to uninstall a product and re-install the patched one instead of just applying a patch over the installed product. I do buy planes the moment they are released, but this time when I was ready to buy the SP was already promised. I share your appreciation for the dedication of the team and one way or another this plane will be in my hangar.

On their forums they have posted they will be shut down until this week, so suspect much more to come forth from their usual crew. As has been posted previously, it is a wonderful bird and they have done much to fix the gaping holes their coder left when he abandoned his post.

Matt

One hole i am glad that is not left open is the multiplayer part of our weapon system. Currently our weapon system is the only one out at the moment that can actually shoot eachother down in MP (yes its been confirmed) and see eachothers loadouts and weapon explosions in MP.
    -JB

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know what the state of play is regarding the promised update for this aircraft is? It seems to have gone very quite.

Ian.

Everything is ready for patch release except we may have found a way to elliminate the annoying manual dll loading so that it wont interfere with other addons. Looking at another weekend release.
    -JB