Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 11
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

To add to what Roadrunner said, I have flown with this bird a lot in MP, but really only for testing.

I have never had any issues with frames while flying in MP, or free-flight for that matter....then again my father is a computer engineer

Regards, Diego

Frames are a bit heavy -- but I think it has to do with the VC textures more than poly count -- and I remember reading that it was being fixed in the patch.

It is a fun multiplayer bird -- first time i've been able to shoot a weapon at someone and actually have them see it, and have it cause a collision crash and end their session -- pretty awesome.

@Merlin, Is that me you are flying off of?

CE

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    Frames are a bit heavy -- but I think it has to do with the VC textures more than poly count -- and I remember reading that it was being fixed in the patch.

It is a fun multiplayer bird -- first time i've been able to shoot a weapon at someone and actually have them see it, and have it cause a collision crash and end their session -- pretty awesome.

CE
    Yes sir it is

CE

really?

ive never had a problem with frames, both SP and MP last night we had 4 15s online and and no hits were seen

yeah -- it's smooth, but i only get about 12 frames with the aircraft. Every other aircraft I stay locked at 30.

Thanks for all yours answers,guys. It should be a good info to know your system specs..

yeah -- it's smooth, but i only get about 12 frames with the aircraft. Every other aircraft I stay locked at 30.
    Thanks Skyblazer,you have this frame drop with single or multiplayer model? What kind of other aircrafts you usually fly,and also for you,what are your system specs?

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    So happy I am NOT all wrapped up in multiplayer. The disappointment would be intense.
    Fully agree and I am really happy that there are companies/developers that explore to the fullest the possibilities of maknig detailed and realistic models.

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    Fully agree and I am really happy that there are companies/developers that explore to the fullest the possibilities of maknig detailed and realistic models.
    hmm weird, i haven even seen a hit in frames, for me this smoother than the VRS bird and any PMDG or CS model

im having a blast in MP as its one of the only detailed models i can use as MP aircraft, come to think of it, i get more of a hit using the B17 than this

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    hmm weird, i haven even seen a hit in frames, for me this smoother than the VRS bird and any PMDG or CS model

im having a blast in MP as its one of the only detailed models i can use as MP aircraft, come to think of it, i get more of a hit using the B17 than this
    Thanks jeansy,as I asked before,it's good to know system specs,number of players,weather conditions,ecc...Numbers matters!!!

By the way,my curiosity about multiplayer effects (the possibility to see the other players ordinance dropping,exploding & loading/unloading ) is still alive....does someone experienced this way?

Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    By the way,my curiosity about multiplayer effects (the possibility to see the other players ordinance dropping,exploding & loading/unloading ) is still alive....does someone experienced this way?
    Post #252:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

In all honesty, numbers do not matter...it's all about your FSX settings.

Just buy the bird, if it doesn't work the way you like, return it.

Diego

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    In all honesty, numbers do not matter...it's all about your FSX settings.

Just buy the bird, if it doesn't work the way you like, return it.

Diego
    I agree with this. With other people giving you numbers, you are only creating expectations of what it might do to your system. You might think it will run better if your specs are higher than the others, vice versa. Fortunately with the Flight1 system, you have the ability to purchase the aircraft, and test it for 30 days. If you are not satisfied in any way, or it does not run as well as you like, you can return it before those 30 days are up.

I agree with Merlin -- and he gets better results than I do.

Since you asked: I've only flown it as a 2 ship, in the multiplayer model. I'm getting about 12 frames with my FSX sliders at mid-level, and global texture resolution at HIGH (not Very high). I don't use light bloom. We usually fly in fair-weather conditions, so there are some clouds -- but nothing too extreme. I fly a lot of addon aircraft, and I usually get 30. So, I hope my frames go up when they release the patch.

I can fly while looking at a 4 ship of SF8 F-86s and get 15-19 frames. With a 2 or 3 ship I can stay locked at 30.

My specs are:

3.12 gigahertz, 4 gigs of ram, GTS250 card with 512 mb.

@MILVIZ -- there is absolutely a problem with multiplayer radios -- having the F-15 in session does screw up everyone else's radios and cause comm lag and broken comms. It is the same as the T-38 before you guys patched it. I hope this can be resolved.

Best,

CE

Err...Not exactly sure HOW we can fix the radios.....its really just the default FSX radio system. The only thing that could mess up the com radios is some external radio addon or a auto tune feature in which case the only the suggestion I have is that you tune the radios from the UFC and nowhere else....

And while on it....please post issues like this in our forums....we would rather not do support here at SOH.

Also never really used the FSX MP radio system. Teamspeak and VATSIM always worked way better for me.
    -JB

Naruto,

It has nothing to do with how radios are tuned. It has to do with the multiplayer call functions of the aircraft's coding. The T-38 had the same problem until it was brought to MILVIZ's attention, and it was fixed.

I also prefer to use TS, but I fly in an ATC session that sometimes has 50 pilots and 10 controllers all working on different FSX frequencies. This goes smoothly, until I load in the F-15, and then everyone else's comms crash.

Milviz knows what the issue is, I'm just not sure they know about it on the F-15.

Also, is there a support forum on the milviz page for the F-15, like there is for the T-38, or is there just the general forum?

CE

Both forums are there. I will try to find the issue but its going to be a bit tough cuz its a bit hard to find issues with the default FSX coding that could be involved....
    -JB

Thanks. Perhaps I need to send an e-mail to Roadburner to add me to those forums.

Godspeed on the coding fixes. You guys are wizards. Thanks.

Success. Issue was found and will be fixed in the patch.
    -JB

I believe so. The same man who fixed it for the T-38A advised Jon how to fix it for the F-15E and therefore when Jon made that last post I am confident he was speaking of the radio in MP mode.

Cheers,

Ken

So good to have networks of developers....
    -JB

Thanks guys for your attention on this. I know many people on SOH don't fly in multiplayer, or use FSX radios in multiplayer, but there are thousands of us who do, and we really appreciate it.

I understand this will sound a little ODD, but is there any other method of purchase than through F1 ?

Thanks
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Unfortunately not at this time. The weapon system and other crucial systems are coded such that if they are not activated through the F1 installer you wont even get the jet off the ground. Once i get past a few issues im having on the F-15C and if/when we can get a new weapon system I will redo the systems of the E so we can have our own installer. However I will repeat, the F1 virus warning IS FALSE. There are no viruses in this system. And its the only way at this time that we can offer a refund on our products.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Unfortunately not at this time. The weapon system and other crucial systems are coded such that if they are not activated through the F1 installer you wont even get the jet off the ground. Once i get past a few issues im having on the F-15C and if/when we can get a new weapon system I will redo the systems of the E so we can have our own installer. However I will repeat, the F1 virus warning IS FALSE. There are no viruses in this system. And its the only way at this time that we can offer a refund on our products.
    Okay thanks.

It wasn't about the F1 installer though - I have very many F1 products, and using Eset NOD32, I get no such false positives.

Much as I admire their sales and refund policy, I just no longer wish to give F1 any more of my VERY hard earned dosh. They've made it quite clear how they feel towards their paying customers (ouch!) I'm voting with my wallet
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD