Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 10
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Wow! The quality of the screenshots some of you folks are taking is amazing! Great job, Matt!

Did you also do that livery?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Wow! The quality of the screenshots some of you folks are taking is amazing! Great job, Matt!

Did you also do that livery?

Ken
    thanks

Yes Ken, its still a work in progress until i find time to finish it

Well it looks like a full on labor of love! BTW: is it a fictional livery? I was not aware that Australia had F-15E's.

Ken

No they dont have F-15Es. They may of been an option but got F-18Fs instead.

BTW looks a very nice model and excellent repaint Matt.

Oh Yes

Atlast the Strike Eagle is here,,,,,,, Downloading Now!!!!, Oh My!! :salute::salute::salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a quick update, about to test the service pack.

Will report back soon

Regards, Diego

Well needless to say, I got distracted.

Yes, I did test the new patch, but I spent most of my time (literally 20 minutes) looking around the cockpit. I have to say, the 4 days away from my PC did me good. I am now able to really see what we have created. The only cockpit that I can think of that comes close is the VRS F/A-18E. Here are some shots I took while exploring the pits.

BE SURE TO GET IMAGE ADDRESS AND VIEW IN FULL 1920X1200

Anyone who has ever seen an F-15E at an airshow knows this view:

Here is a closer view:

And here is the pilots view:

Do not forget, the WSO cockpit got the same treatment.

I think it is safe to say we have the best cockpit painter in the business!

Back to work tomorrow, then back to testing!

All the best, Diego

was very close to buying this last night but got turned off by the issues with installing...its too bad as I only have room in my sim for one F-15E........will the SP address the installation issues?

Last night MIlviz facebook page said they had solved the install issue. Let the good times Roll!

HOLY!!!! I friggen coded on the darned thing but she has never looked so good as there....
    -JB

Just on a side note, the installer issue is FIXED but it hasnt been put out YET. Ironing out some cockpit lighting issues first and putting them awesome burners in.
    -JB

You'd think the GBU's and LGB's would be the hard bombs to model

Anyways, WE HAVE DUMB BOMBS WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprisingly the Guided bombs ar easier as they have flight properties that can be controlled by the .DLL whereas the "dumb bombs are just that, at the mercy of the MS version of how the world works. Ocassionally a few odd corners in the MS world....

T

The SP1 we are testing has solved a number of the reported issues. Among them is that the air-to-air radar is fully functional now including the button coded lock and break lock buttons using FSX commands. This will be very handy for customers who like to mix it up in the furballs!

I will also certify that the dumb bombs are functioning as they should.

This is just the first test run of the SP and we are wanting to tweak a few more issues before releasing it. But, I think everyone will be very happy with what they get from it.

Ken

Nice bird,I think for much reasons is going to be a "must have" in our virtual hangars. It's on my mind to buy it,but I have some questions:

How is the framerate in multiplayer environmnt? (i mean at least 5/6 birds)?
    In multiplayer,is possible for other players to look at your bombs dropping & exploding?
    Did you have problems of CTD issues after some kind of events (explosions,animations, & so on ) ?

Thanks
    Ale

Question

I am sorry if this question has been addressed already but, am I correct in saying that I saw something about a Patch for the "Mudhen" been released Yesterday , Or Hoped to be Released?:salute::salute::salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SP1 is in testing with the development team at this time. It has not yet been released.

In terms of the framerates with multiple aircraft, I find it is framerate friendly. Using the AI that I created, when on the ground surrounded by a half dozen other F-15E's (AI) my frames are still good. It is only when I am surrounded by a dozen or more in close proximity that I notice a degradation of framerates. Many customers have reported they are very happy with their framerates, but since that is nearly entirely determined by an individual's computer specs', it is very difficult to tell you precisely what your experience will be. Overall, I find it is on par with the general aviation add on aircraft I have purchased in the past and I suspect you will have a very nice experience with it.

Also, we designed a specific jet optimized for multi-player, and you should be able to see your weapons fire. The release of weapons should not cause CTD's. Most of the present issues were a result of the DLL's not loading, and the SP1 will automatically load them for you and therefore should solve that issue.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Nice bird,I think for much reasons is going to be a "must have" in our virtual hangars. It's on my mind to buy it,but I have some questions:

How is the framerate in multiplayer environmnt? (i mean at least 5/6 birds)?
    In multiplayer,is possible for other players to look at your bombs dropping & exploding?
    Did you have problems of CTD issues after some kind of events (explosions,animations, & so on ) ?

Thanks
    Ale
    I think someone said they had 4 F-15s in a session comfortably. I can say from the two ship side that I had no problems. Currently the VC is a little laggy for me, but they said there is a problem that is being fixed in the SP to resolve that. They will also have a FPS friendly VC version.

No CTDs on my end. I also don't recall reading anything about CTDs on the Milviz forums, mostly issues with the install and DLLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    SP1 is in testing with the development team at this time. It has not yet been released.

In terms of the framerates with multiple aircraft, I find it is framerate friendly. Using the AI that I created, when on the ground surrounded by a half dozen other F-15E's (AI) my frames are still good. It is only when I am surrounded by a dozen or more in close proximity that I notice a degradation of framerates. Many customers have reported they are very happy with their framerates, but since that is nearly entirely determined by an individual's computer specs', it is very difficult to tell you precisely what your experience will be. Overall, I find it is on par with the general aviation add on aircraft I have purchased in the past and I suspect you will have a very nice experience with it.

Also, we designed a specific jet optimized for multi-player, and you should be able to see your weapons fire. The release of weapons should not cause CTD's. Most of the present issues were a result of the DLL's not loading, and the SP1 will automatically load them for you and therefore should solve that issue.

Ken
    Thank you very much Ken,your answer solved many of my questions.
    For the framerate,You are right,is depending from the PC's specs,and for me the only way to have an idea is to know the number of polys in the model...Is possible to know how much polys your bird have? (Single player + Multiplayer version?)
    Just one more...Talking about multiplayer environment,is there a possibility to look at the weapons operations and effects of other players? I think this is a very important issue for multiplayer realism..

My understanding is that if you use the dedicated MP version of the jet that you can interactively see weapons for anyone you are up against.

I honestly have no idea what the poly count is on the jet. Colin would be the one to answer that question.

Ken

The MP version is really heavy: 157077 in external and 121794 VC counted with ModelconverterX

Non-MP version has the same VC and same polygons and external is 298068, probably a record in my system.

Quote Originally Posted by daisan View Post
    The MP version is really heavy: 157077 in external and 121794 VC counted with ModelconverterX

Non-MP version has the same VC and same polygons and external is 298068, probably a record in my system.
    Ok,thank you! For me is definitely a "no go" information. 157000 polys are too much,if the model is intended for MP environment!! I think a good number of polys,for a group of fighters,is maximum 70/80000 each.....157000 is sure eye-candy,but is a frame (and server) killer.

So happy I am NOT all wrapped up in multiplayer. The disappointment would be intense.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Ok,thank you! For me is definitely a "no go" information. 157000 polys are too much,if the model is intended for MP environment!! I think a good number of polys,for a group of fighters,is maximum 70/80000 each.....157000 is sure eye-candy,but is a frame (and server) killer.
    I do understand these concerns, however 157,000 would be if you had every single weaons available within the MDL loaded on the aircraft at one time. In the simulator the weapons are loaded in any configuration you wish, and the average loadout would run you around 100,000 poly's in sim. Still above your desired 70/80,000 limit for MP, but I do think the tradeoff in these areas is worth the added benefit. I myself do not use multiplayer, but MendezDiego, and Jon do quite frequently. I am sure there are others flying the F-15 in multiplayer as well.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+