danica's big hit

Thread: danica's big hit

Hybrid View

danica's big hit

man did danica take a big one...hard hit ...nice move with the hands to the helmet .shame about waltrip..id rather be in the 500 than in the booth...as per a survey i did reciently..he has a new job with FOX for the sprint cup races...arrrg...him and darrell?.....arrrg

Just saw a replay of that. Wow. The two "layers" of the safer wall were squished almost together. Don't see that often.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

She did a great job in handling the impact - and to echo Waltrip & McReynolds, "kudos" to her open wheel experience....

Hey All,

Finally!!!! Back to racin!

That was a hard hit for Danica! I saw the video. She does know how to protect herself and she is small which also helps. In watching her drive I really like what I saw. Danica is exactly the kind of driver I like - smart, cool under pressure, controlled aggression, saves her equipment. Hotheads who just wheel a car - you can have them! I'll be watching Danica closely this sunday.

The year is shaping up great! Kasey Kahne and Jimmy on the same team with Jeff - outstanding! Now if we could just put Keselowski in the 88 and put them all in Dodges... The only disappointment is - what is up with Roger hiring Allmendinger? Get a real stock car driver! The sport is too specialized for open wheelers (except maybe for Danica).

Who is with me and thinks that the odds are 50/50 that Danica will win on an oval before Montoya ever does?

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    The only disappointment is - what is up with Roger hiring Allmendinger? Get a real stock car driver! The sport is too specialized for open wheelers (except maybe for Danica).
    -Ed-
    Let's see...
    Open Wheel:

Allmendinger: 3 Champ Car seasons, 5 wins, 4 second place finishes
    Danica: 7 IndyCar seasons, 1 win 2 second place finishes

Penske is no fool :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Who is with me and thinks that the odds are 50/50 that Danica will win on an oval before Montoya ever does?

-Ed-
    Whoops! - One last thing...
    Since you've still got that Montoya "Chip" (no pun intended) on your shoulders. I'll just say this....
    Montoya won the Indy 500 and only raced in 2 full CART seasons. Danica raced in 7 full IndyCar seasons and never did win the Indy 5004

I'm not against Danica, I'm just keeping it real :mixedsmi:

i liked the "hotheads who wheel a car" comment...lol.....you go ed....lol....but seriously.....i HATED Danica when she first started..i thought she was arrogant and snarky...but the more i hear her interviewed,and hear her say things like..."i listened to what he told me when i asked him what i needed to do in this situation..."............i cant recall the entire conversation that occured..but i was impressed....shes not coming into this with that.." Im an INDY car driver,i know more than you fenderbois do" attitude,and shes asking questions and LISTENING when answered...not just hearing...big differance in the two...i also like AJ Allmendiger alot..i think he has alot of potencial,i dont think hes been given the right stuff just yet..but i think the 22 is the best equipment hes gotten yet...if he doesnt do anything with this situation..then ill write him off...i think Kasey is done too..he had his shot....driving the 5 isnt going to do it,,he may be cute,,but that wont get him far....i wish he would put some money in brad sweets camp and get him back in trucks and give him a better shot at it...with better equipment....BTW brad is married to a friend of minees wifes cousin...lol....he is from grass valley california..which is where the race track is that i got my start ,and where i was rookie of the year in 1980.......

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Whoops! - One last thing...Since you've still got that Montoya "Chip" (no pun intended) on your shoulders. I'll just say this....Montoya won the Indy 500 and only raced in 2 full CART seasons. Danica raced in 7 full IndyCar seasons and never did win the Indy 5004I'm not against Danica, I'm just keeping it real :mixedsmi:
    She handled it real well! I wonder what kind of mature reaction you would get from Montoya if he had been taken out. His record shows how he reacts if his car gets bumped. Being mature has nothing to do with it,lol