SU-26 is out!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SU-26 is out!!

I'll pass - I bought their Pitts and hardly ever fly it.... anyway I wonder if you can snap roll this thing? Spins?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thanks for the heads up. I know what I'll be adding to the hanger this weekend.

Looks kinda cool, though not my cup of tea, aerobatic types. That would mean I might actually have to learn to fly actual manuevers instead of yanking and banking in my current stables. Good find though. Out of curiosity, is Alabeo strictly aerobatic types?

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Ok...so....I bought it.....flew it...here are my first thoughts:

Sound....definetly not that of an SU-26.......hopiing we can count on someone to do a sound file for it.
    the plane model....superb
    textures....superb
    flight model.......ok..not bieng an aerobatic pilot or any real world pilot for that matter...but I must say....the flight envelope seems a bit odd. I don't know if this is modeled correctly or not.....but...that said...I can spin, I can hammerhead...knife edge....haven't been able to do it yet......when applying rudder it wants to decend on its side

Again...I am in this for the fun of it....for $21.95 I have always wanted an SU-26 in FSX or for that matter a good one for FS9 days....now I have one......now I'm hoping for some slick mods to help her out.

For $21.95.....I'll five it a 7 out of 10

Charter Member 2012
    Thanks for the appraisal Skyhawka

Im trying to purchase now but 2 of my credit cards dont work on their system for some reason.

Now able to download and would give 8 out of 10 after a few flights.

Charter Member 2012
    Woops - the canopy jetterson lever does work!

Hmm....certainly looks good, but I'll wait until someone posts a video showcasing the soundset and how it flies.
    I'd use it as a VFR tourer (not really into Aerobatics), and it's certainly an interesting aircraft, but if all it is is a looker with no substance...then...

EDIT: Aw...will probably get it anyway this weekend. Ha!

I'd buy it right now if I hadn't just splurged on the AeroflyFS....

seriously - NO ONE does smoother compound curves on their 3D models than Alabeo...absolutely perfectly smooth without vertices - their Pitts is amazing in form.

Could the flight modeling be better? when couldn't it - but for sheer beauty the Alabeo and latest Carenado offerings are the pinnacle IMO FWIW

AND they achieve it without dropping frame rates
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Charter Member 2012
    Yep - im loving it. Sure have to sideslip it to loose speed to land which helps to see the runway.

SeanTK...as I said...the soundset is not what I would have hoped for...definetly not the SU-26 ounds I've heard many times. Like I said...hoping for a payware sound set to come out. I'm hunting now for a stand in.....for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    SeanTK...as I said...the soundset is not what I would have hoped for...definetly not the SU-26 ounds I've heard many times. Like I said...hoping for a payware sound set to come out. I'm hunting now for a stand in.....for the time being.
    Try plugging in the soundset included with this one and let me know how it compares.
    http://avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/su-26m-4566.html

EDIT: or this one...seems to be a mix of Sukhoi and default Extra sounds...
    http://avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircrafts-...nload&hl=su-26

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Woops - the canopy jetterson lever does work!

Being a noob here, but what are the wingtip aerial looking devices for? Be nice, I know what makes an airplane fly and basic aerodynamics, but this looks bizarre and really curious. Thanks

Matt

Matt

those sounds werent much better.....I'm looking forward to some FDE mods.....any takers? She likes to side slip....alot!

Attachment 59694

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Being a noob here, but what are the wingtip aerial looking devices for? Be nice, I know what makes an airplane fly and basic aerodynamics, but this looks bizarre and really curious. Thanks

Matt
    Hi Matt

Its a good question. I cant remember what they are called - might be angle meters - they help the pilot in display flying judge more acurately what angle he is flying to the horizon by looking along the wing to them.

Ok...so....I bought it.....flew it...here are my first thoughts:
    Sound....definetly not that of an SU-26.......hopiing we can count on someone to do a sound file for it.
    Could you made a short movie about it's sound please? I'm very curious...
    The real M-14P engines have a very special sound, and I think, it is very important thing in Alabeo's Su-26 too...

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post

Matt
    This device useable for help find easier the correct angles of aerobatic maneouvers (45 - 90 degrees)...

Blog Entries
    In aerobatics, many maneuvers cause the AOA to change so rapidly that watching the ADI or AOA indicator becomes futile. When that happens, pilots rely on their orientation to the horizon and use the devices on the wingtips to help them figure out which way the plane is pointing.
    Even in the SU-37, i'm looking out the side window more than anywhere else, and i'm not an aerobatics pilot. Its just a natural thing to do..
    Pam

Blog Entries
    What i'm really curious about is: "Can it do a nose over tumble?"
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    What i'm really curious about is: "Can it do a nose over tumble?"
    Pam

no it can not.....I think the FDE needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by zlin View Post
    Could you made a short movie about it's sound please? I'm very curious...
    The real M-14P engines have a very special sound, and I think, it is very important thing in Alabeo's Su-26 too...

ZLIN....I refer to my earlier statemnet.....TRUST ME...when I say the sound is not that of an SU-26....as a matter of fact it has no "big radial" sound to it.

ZLIN....I refer to my earlier statemnet.....TRUST ME...when I say the sound is not that of an SU-26....as a matter of fact it has no "big radial" sound to it.
    I trust in you for sure! I'm just curious about the rate of the unrealism...
    Because the Alabeo's Pitts have a good enough sound samples so I hope in a good SU-26 sound too...

Blog Entries
    no it can not.....I think the FDE needs work.
    nooo, its not the FDE. I dont know exactly all the forces that go into that tumble but flight simulator has an extreme alergy when it comes to doing anytyhing that is non conventional flight. I wouldnt expect a model in FS to be able to do that or some other just as extreme maneuvers. I was just hoping is all.
    Most conventional aircraft, you can pretty much get away with just telling FS its length wingspan weight and a few other basic measurments, but with aerobatic and other non conventional aircraft, the FDE becomes a mind numbing labyrinth of balances that have to be exactly maintained. We're talking in measurments of a thousandth of an inch or pound or degree here.
    Still, if you manipulated the torque just right, along with the torque effects on pitch, I bet you could do some really interesting stuff..
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by zlin View Post
    This device useable for help find easier the correct angles of aerobatic maneouvers (45 - 90 degrees)...
    Thanks Zlin.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 2