SU-26 is out!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SU-26 is out!!

Sean, as you posted:

"It would be unfortunate to only see an "announcements" section, with a lack of critical analysis due to members here being unable to conduct themselves with decorum, and disagree amicably, and possibly constructively."

This is exactly what is not happening. I agree it's what should happen and to a certain extent it's what used to happen until fairly recently, but it has been wrecked by a few individuals who seem intent on destruction.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Can I recommend that if anyone ever has a problem with a product they contact the seller to see if they are aware of it? It just seems these days you can not make everyone happy and frankly.....its the same in the real world. I tell customers everyday "NO!" because guess what....its how things are done...get over it. If they don't like it they will go else where.

So....I say...if you have an issue...take it up with the company...if they don't make you happy. move on. Stop trying to rain on the parade of others who are enjoying the product. The worst thing is...there are people here who havent' even bought it and they are trashing it. WHAT!?!?!?!?

Come...mod's I actually support an announcement sticky and then locking it. Let them take their complaints elsewhere this is getting very old very fast........not only that...I'm tired of threads complaining about complainers......uuughhhh

Can't we just have some fun once in a while in our life? Why does eveything have to be so absolute. If you want aboslute....try out a divorce case like I have to deal with now......trust me...you would rather fly the SU-26.

The aircraft looks awesome!

Can somebody post up a quick Youtube vid of the VC and maybe a pan around of the outside of the aircraft?

Thanks!
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Ok....so...because I want to keep this a postive thread as it should be.......I have found what I believe to be a very good sound replacement.......I am now using the sounds from the Alphasim YAK-52........it is VERY close to the SU-26 sound. Its much better than the supplied sound. I am hoping that one of the payware companies will do one with the FSX sound cone configuration.

I also found that changing this has helped and eliminated some of the side slip....I felt that the plane was a bit underpowered and adjusted the prop thrust some.......I have no idea what I'm doing here guys so.......but I like how it flys and sounds now.

[propeller]
    thrust_scalar = 1.5 //Propeller thrust scalar
    //thrust_scalar = 1.0 //Propeller thrust scalar

Arrested Development?

I wasn't aware (I don't do aerobatics) that there wasn't any 'good' videos of the Yaks or Sukois IN SIMULATOR at YouTube. And someone said 'that's it-no aerobatics in FSX'. Well, I decided I would try making my own FDEs as I did not find any that 'worked'. Imagine that. We have had the Extra 300 around a long time. Nobody worked on it? I know I didn't. I got ahold of a Sukhoi 26, by Ricardo Batalha (Ferrari repaing by Stephen Browning) and tweaked it. Mind you I am NOT any kind of aerobatics expert. I'm new at this. I spent most of my time landing F-18's on carrier, and bush flying, and tweaking vehicles, and flying 'extreme' ac like the Concorde, etc. But not yaks. I made a short video (posting to YouTube now). I'll be baaaack (with link). We (yes, 'we') need to do something about this 'no aerobatics in FSX'. I am willing to share (payware guys too-why not) what I have. Need to 'polish' the FDEs a bit more. It has 'issues' (for one it can't slow down enough to land-flys even on idle! Yikes).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Edit: Here is the link to YouTube video: http://youtu.be/9bodec2Ycn0
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

A good source of inspiration for flying the SU26
    Svetlana Kapanina

Blog Entries
    Interesting read. I do like aerobatics. I did them in USAF flight training and later in a rented Citabria. While the Citabria isn't what you would consider a competition aircraft, it could snap roll and scare the poo out of me Because of this, I have had a soft spot in my heart for aerobatic aircraft. I have bought most of them. So far my favorite is a freebie.

One of the better flight model developers here in SOH tuned the Extra 300 FDE to make it an Edge 540. Now that baby flies! You can do an edge fly by for close to a mile (1600 meters). The only thing I don't like is to get the rudder to work properly in the air, you can hardly taxi. S-turning this baby while taxing just happens.

Anyway, I tried to buy the SU-26. After entering all the information and registering, I got a 'Welcome' screen. When I tried again to buy it, I got a message saying that I wasn't in their database???? I used the "Contact Us" screen and sent a message. That was three days ago. I still haven't heard back.

As a consumer, the one big mortal sin you can do as a developer, is not get back with me. I just spent over $2000 on a used telephoto lens to use in wildlife photography. I have some focusing issues and have adjusted my camera's focus fine tune to the limits. I contacted the dealer and they asked me to contact the the lens manufacturer. I did. Five days later, I haven't heard back from the manufacturer. The lens is going back tomorrow. While I own two other lenses from this company and love them, I don't think I will be buying a third. I will spend the extra money and buy from Nikon. They respond!

Developer's, you guys make this hobby possible for us. Without you we would be flying the vanilla aircraft that came with FSX. Please, respond when someone complains. No matter how silly or stupid the complaint may seem. It is for your benefit.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Found this FSX SU26 video on Youtube. Anybody know what soundpack this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA7RS...eature=related
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Found this FSX SU26 video on Youtube. Anybody know what soundpack this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA7RS...eature=related
    Follow this link that is at the bottom of the video description http://fspropeller.blogspot.com/

Over on the left side of the page is a section for sound downloads. Good find! I haven't heard of this site but it looks like there are some good sound packs on there!

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Snowbird is it really that bad? This is yet another thread dumping on someone's hard work and let's face it just to get the model to look that good must have taken considerable effort! Did you contact the developer first to see if any issues had been reported or to make a report yourself?

Frankly with these stickies of new releases being blasted from a great height it seems it would be better to simply have an announcements page!

If our FsX developers are so poor, deserving so many damning posts of late, then perhaps MS Flight would suit better because the guys who make the sim and all the add-ons are all under the same roof so complaining is easier.

I think this is getting blown out of proportion... I have contacted the dev directly (before posting here) and am still waiting for a response. I posted here after seeing zlins post being discarded as dev trashing, when all I read was that he gave the 3d model praise and the sounds and fde a poor rating. Having purchased the plane myself, I felt that I needed to chime in on my experience which was very much the same. It also seems that any of the positive comments I make in my posts are ignored, while the negative ones have been highlighted. I have stated before that my problem is with the advertisement and not with devs & FSX limitations (even though the problem goes beyond that in this case). I have also never said anything about our FSX devs being of poor quality, please don't put words in my mouth. This is a specific complaint of a product from a veteran developer (Alabeo is pretty much Carenado), they are not new to this game. It is frustrating though, when devs known for first class products (like Carenado/Alabeo) allow something that has aspects that seem unfinished to be released. If they couldn't make the flight model close to reality, then don't advertise real flight model and if you can't find radial sounds for a radial powered aircraft, then don't advertise real sounds.

I look at criticism this way. Would products like the VRS Super Bug or anything from PMDG, A2A, Iris, Milviz etc... be available if people hadn't pushed for higher standards? Think of all the things that were previously "impossible in FSX" that are now pretty common in payware releases.

In spite of all the negative comments, I caved and bought the Sukhoi. Honestly, it isn't that bad at all. Are there some things that could be improved upon..yes, which I will get into in a moment.

From all of the comments I have read, here and elsewhere, about poor handling I was quiet surprised in that I was able to coax tumbles, torque rolls, high-alpha low speed flight (ala Jurgis Kairys), pretty much 90 percent I would say of what the real Su-26 is capable of doing. Only once did I get it into anything that didn't look like a "natural" aerobatic maneuver. Throw in 18 to 20 gallons of fuel for aerobatics, and this thing is a blast to fly! I just realized I forgot to try any spins, so I will be checking that shortly. Roll rate, could be faster, but all in all this plane has some serious potential in my opinion.

I read on Alabeo's Facebook page where someone was complaining about it taking forever to slow down for landing. I did not find that to be my experience at all. Cutting the throttle gets the airspeed down to landing speeds in very little time. The airspeeds are displayed in kilometers per hour so I am wondering if this person might be confusing 150 km/h with 150 knots or mph?? I don't know, just speculation on my part about that.

The few things I don't like about it, some of the VC decals could be sharper in the rear cockpit section , and they did not include the two g-meters that are down under the radios. Sukhoi installs two with one of them being inverted so negative g's can be measured above -5 (the g-meters only register +10 to -5, so flipping one will allow you to read up to -10). Also, the tube along the right side of the cockpit should be the fuel gauge, giving you a visual check on the fuel remaining. I noticed they did not do anything with this, but included a fuel gauge in the area where one of the g-meters should be. They also included a mixture control, but the the real thing has an aneroid capsule which adjusts the mixture at various altitudes, so no mixture control is needed.

I didn't like the stock sounds at all, but adding this sound pack http://fspropeller.blogspot.com/search/label/Sound (halfway down the page is a link for an Su-26 sound file) and flying from tower view, my wife who was in the other room thought I was watching a YouTube video of the real thing judging from the sound. These are the closest to the M-14P engine that I have heard.

Regardless of the few "flaws" I'm glad I bought this one and will continue to have fun with it, even if nothing is fixed.

Darrell

HEWS!!!!! That sound is perfect!!!!

Attachment 60038

Blog Entries
    I want to make a correction to an earlier post I made. In that post I said that Alabeo did not get back with me after I email them, saying that I received a messages telling me I wan't in their database. Well I was wrong. They did get back with me. However, for some reason, I only received the email on my notebook computer and not my main computer? I only saw it tonight when I sat down to do some work and turned on the notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by hews500d View Post
    ... Sukhoi installs two with one of them being inverted so negative g's can be measured above -5 (the g-meters only register +10 to -5, so flipping one will allow you to read up to -10). ...
    Darrell
    OMG! -10 Gs. I have pulled 2 neg Gs and everything went red and I had an instant blinding headache, as the blood rushed into my head.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    HEWS!!!!! That sound is perfect!!!!

Attachment 60038
    That texture looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post

OMG! -10 Gs. I have pulled 2 neg Gs and everything went red and I had an instant blinding headache, as the blood rushed into my head.
    Yep!! The pilot I was corresponding with when I learned about the g-meters owns an Su-31, flies airshows, and has been to the World Aerobatic Championships before. He said they regularly work around +11 just guessing, to -8 unless they are doing a freestyle routine and then both needles are usually pegged. Most pilots don't bother to pay attention to them. In his words, "the Sukhoi is flown with a 'no limits' mindest most of the time.

The thing is built like a tank!

Darrell

Charter Member 2015
    There used to be a Su-26 flown from my local field (and a Su-29 2 seater)...also flown by a World Aerobatic Championships competitor. Unfortunately it's toast now having gone up in a ball of flame following a fire during start up. The pilot has just picked up a new composite XtremeAir Sbach 342 for competition use.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I can't seem to purchase the aircraft. I keep getting a connection error in Webpay. All other sites seem to work just fine.

I posted about it on the Alabeo Facebook page and they deleted my post. lol
    Ark
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    There used to be a Su-26 flown from my local field (and a Su-29 2 seater)...also flown by a World Aerobatic Championships competitor. Unfortunately it's toast now having gone up in a ball of flame following a fire during start up. The pilot has just picked up a new composite XtremeAir Sbach 342 for competition use.
    The XtremeAir Sbach 342 a Great plane for aerobatics
    Potential Alabeo canditate? Hope so

I'm hoping they do the YAK-50, or the Pitts radial variant

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    The XtremeAir Sbach 342 a Great plane for aerobatics
    Potential Alabeo canditate? Hope so
    I hope so too. Quite the performer from what I've seen.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sorry, this is my whimsy when I thinking about FS FDE... If I speaking about "how should be work an aileron?" then I thinking about something like this: Not absolutely perfect I know, but much more better than Sukhoi or Pitts.Both of Alabeo product's aileron is a piece of sh... compare to this video.Additional info: This video made ~4 years ago by me from our upcoming project. Model by me and one of my friend, FD and textures made by me.

Is this a 242? I am always hoping someone will do a 242.

No, it's Z-142 with LOM M-337AK engine (6-cylinder, inline) 210HP. The Z-242 have a 4 cylinder Lycoming boxer engine.

Members who have read this thread: 2