SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer works great .. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer works great ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    I tried to convert to nosewheel stearing, but the instructions for it weren't where the documentation said they would be.

Documentation:

"3. Steering using differential wheel braking and separate engine throttles - or, to convert to "steerable", open aircraft.cfg and swap the first contact point per instructions there."

CFG:

[contact_points]
    static_pitch = 3.93
    static_cg_height = 6.75
    tailwheel_lock = 0
    gear_system_type = 1
    max_number_of_points = 9
    point.0 = 1.000, 14.087, 0.000, -7.808, 1950.000, 0.000, 1.050, 180.0, 0.180, 6.142, 1.000, 6.000, 6.000, 0.000, 150.000, 150.000
    point.1 = 1.000, -.95010, -9.30, -7.604, 2500.000, 1.000, 1.500, 0.000, 0.921, 1.260, 0.800, 6.000, 6.000, 2.000, 150.000, 150.000
    point.2 = 1.000, -.95010, 9.30, -7.604, 2500.000, 2.000, 1.500, 0.000, 0.921, 1.260, 0.800, 6.000, 6.000, 3.000, 150.000, 150.000
    point.3 = 2, -20.738, 0, -5.28, 1600, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9

What do I swap for nose wheel stearing? Nice little plane, BTW. The only place I've ever seen them was at NAS North Island, so that's where I've been flying it. Cheers.
    Ah, my apologies Sir. In contact point 0, find the 180.0 and change that to 45.0. You will be in business. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Ah, thanks a lot for this confirmation. I was wondering if it was just my computer or a general issue.
    I guess we'll have to wait for the FSX-conversion to get a fully working virtual cockpit then
    I reverted to the commented out line for the eyeview in the aircraft config file. It brings the viewpoint closer and seemed to fix that problem. At least for me, even though I use TrackIR, before I did that even leaning forward didn't seem to allow me access to the switches.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

FWIW the pilots are are way to small. The cockpit of a S-2F/D is very small and confining.

If you do a search on Airliners.net for S-2F you will see what I am writing about.

I still can't get airborne yet.

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    FWIW the pilots are are way to small. The cockpit of a S-2F/D is very small and confining.

If you do a search on Airliners.net for S-2F you will see what I am writing about.

I still can't get airborne yet.

VCN-1
    ************************************************** ****************************
    EDIT: I cannot imagine why you can't get off the ground. Ensure spoilers are down, and read this:

Takeoff Hint (land based runways) - set flap one notch (15 deg), Neutral elevator trim; run engines up to 30" and ensure the props are turning 2800 RPM.

Advance the throttles to 56" and release the brakes.

Early in the takeoff run slight differential braking might be necessary before the rudder becomes effective at 40 knots.

At 85 knots gently fly the nose wheel off and the plane will become airborne at about 105 knots.

Carrier Launches - full flaps, 1+ degree up trim,

Climbout - Retract the gear and climb at 1000-1250 fpm depending on weight and preference, trimming as necessary to achieve climb rate and speed. Once established safely in the climb, set initial climb power of 51" and 2700 RPM. Desired climb speed is about 120 knots IAS.

Cruise: Max cruise power is 47" and 2500 RPM, retract flaps up as necessary. Max endurance is a liesurely 27" and 1650 RPM and 1/3 flaps may be left extended to achieve a more level attitude for employment of the radar.
    ************************************************** *************************

Too small?! Really, I'll have to speak to Jan Visser about that! :-)

I think its just these Navy guys "shrinking" from the thought of having to fly on the "Dark Side".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you very much------Milton and team!
    I love them.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    In contact point 0, find the 180.0 and change that to 45.0. You will be in business. :-)
    In business now, thanks! (She sure is ugly and I don't want my friends to find out....lol)

In business now, thanks! (She sure is ugly and I don't want my friends to find out....lol)
    Steve, another thing I've found as a rule of thumb is that if you don't have nosewheel steering on a particular airplane, go to that section. . . .first line "point.0=" and count over eight(8) sections, if that number is 180 then change it to what Milton gave you. If it isn't working as well as it should and the number showing in that section isn't 180, then it just needs to be tweaked a bit (usually a number between 40 and 55 works best for me). It will always be the eighth set of numbers though.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Milton

Got it flying. I don't know what I did differently.

VCN-1

OK, thanks Ed, I'll keep that in mind.

That video was almost a pep talk to get the crews to forget how ugly the plane is. I was cracking up when the guy was giving the briefing to the new arrivals, using his perfect old time radio announcer voice. I kept waiting for him to say "Let's face it gentlemen, this is one ugly plane, and everyone on this ship is going to be making fun of you. Keep the chin up."

OK, thanks Ed, I'll keep that in mind.

That video was almost a pep talk to get the crews to forget how ugly the plane is. I was cracking up when the guy was giving the briefing to the new arrivals, using his perfect old time radio announcer voice. I kept waiting for him to say "Let's face it gentlemen, this is one ugly plane, and everyone on this ship is going to be making fun of you. Keep the chin up."
    It is not ugly - it is ART

Quote Originally Posted by newcomer View Post
    It is not ugly - it is ART

Lol. Don't get me wrong here, I really like this plane. Mr. Shupe and his team did a fabulous job. I love looking out the window and seeing her huge jugs staring right back at me.

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    Milton

Got it flying. I don't know what I did differently.

VCN-1
    VCN, that's great news! :-)

Lol. Don't get me wrong here, I really like this plane. Mr. Shupe and his team did a fabulous job. I love looking out the window and seeing her huge jugs staring right back at me.
    Well hang on Bone 'cause another 18 are comin' at ya!

Oh wait! There it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=5318&catid=6
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I reverted to the commented out line for the eyeview in the aircraft config file. It brings the viewpoint closer and seemed to fix that problem. At least for me, even though I use TrackIR, before I did that even leaning forward didn't seem to allow me access to the switches.:salute:
    I also found that if you slide to the co-pilots seat in the S2F-3, you can turn on/off the searchlight.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

VCN, that's great news! :-)

Well hang on Bone 'cause another 18 are comin' at ya!

I just finished DL'ing the C-1 COD about 45 seconds ago. I'll be right here waiting for the next one.

Banned
    Blog Entries

S2F and Willie Fudd

I want to thank all involved with recreating the fond aviation memories of my youth in the 60's. I remember seeing on one carrier that had the Willy Fudds, a drawing on the bulkhead near the
    ready room where the Willy Fudd pilots would gather a nice drawing of an E1B and the letters spelling out "nay nay have no fear cause THE FUDDMAN is here" under that was a drawing of elmer fudd in flight helmet and suit. I think he had a cape on too.

Pretty cool.

Of course: I was just kidding

Banned
    Blog Entries

Not Working so good with FSX

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    Edited Panel for Radar PopupsAttachment 59433

Replace old panel.cfg with this one

I did like you said and got a bunch of " FS98 gauge not supported". When I selected and loaded the E1, several clicks this statement would show so I put the original panel back to avoid the cautions.

Hello,

Thank you very much,Milton,for this wonderful plane!!

Alain

-

Just saw that there is a release of the S2A CDF tankers in the library! I sure was hoping to see these!!! Having lived in Southern California for the first 25 years of my life, I saw these flying over every summer! Quite a distinct sound they have, you would always know a tanker was flying over when you heard it. Saw them often parked at the airport in Ramona when flying in and out too! Thanks for making these!!! Now to find a fire to put out...

Thankyou Milton and crew

an out standing effort, im looking forward to your fsx native and paintkit

just one note is there any chance of green flight suits please?

Thanks for the comments everyone. :-) This was a fun but challenging project.

Euroastar350 has asked to convert these aircraft to FSX native and I will be ready to turn them over to him by the weekend.

The excellent pilot and co-pilot figures were done by Jan Visser. Isn't the animation just awesome!

Jan set these up so you can paint the suits any color you want. Have fun. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Download Links and Paint Kits Available So Far

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The excellent pilot and co-pilot figures were done by Jan Visser. Isn't the animation just awesome!

Jan set these up so you can paint the suits any color you want. Have fun. :-)
    Yep, i agree, that was one of the first things i noticed

the package is top notch

i tip my hat sir

[YOUTUBE]6vR7YDmTNyc[/YOUTUBE]
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line