SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer works great .. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer works great ..

Quote Originally Posted by weeebbz View Post
    I would have to agree with bill I think without the bay doors would be best

LOL That was already done before Bill posted. See my post #73 and attachment.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Well then looks like I need to pay more attention. Lol

Banned
    Blog Entries

No workee for me

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Okay, here is an updated S2F-3 model that animates these items using the exit 2 (cargo exit-shift+e, then 2). I deactivated the bombay doors since the bay is empty anyway.

Milton

I made a backup of the orig .mdl file for the S2F-2 and then replaced it with the one you just made for the tail boom movement, I hit the CTRL+E then 2 and nothing
    happened. I noticed that it worked for some one else in FSX so I wonder if I hit all the keys necessary for it to function?

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    Milton

I made a backup of the orig .mdl file for the S2F-2 and then replaced it with the one you just made for the tail boom movement, I hit the CTRL+E then 2 and nothing
    happened. I noticed that it worked for some one else in FSX so I wonder if I hit all the keys necessary for it to function?

Whatever sequence you use to open the secondary exit, or cargo door, that is what it is set to be.

You did download the correct file from my post # 73, not the earlier one?

The model file in the model folder should be dated 5/5/2012, 11:11AM
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Banned
    Blog Entries

Correct file

Whatever sequence you use to open the secondary exit, or cargo door, that is what it is set to be.

You did download the correct file from my post # 73, not the earlier one?

The model file in the model folder should be dated 5/5/2012, 11:11AM
    I did. I guess I will have to fumble around and see what key combos work. I will look at the FSX controls and see what it says to use
    for secondary exit key/s. I normally use the Control + 1 or 2 keys and the doors will open.

I am using your file dated 5/5/2012 11:11AM.....

Okay, great. I use shift+e, release then 2 and that is the default FSX setting I believe.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Make sure the cfg has been edited to have 2 exits that's what I had to do

Banned
    Blog Entries

I didn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by weeebbz View Post
    Make sure the cfg has been edited to have 2 exits that's what I had to do
    ah ha.....I did not do that, ... so how do i do those edits?

Which cfg and what is/are the entries to make?

EDIT: I sorted it out and it works great!!!!

I didn't know to go into the aircraft.cfg file and change number of exits from 1 to 2. It had been on 1 and that is why it did not work for me before.

Then I fired up FSX, slelcted the S2f and hit the Shift E + 2 and bammo.....the boom extended.

Thanks weeebbz for you help.

Hi Milton and everyone else on the team!
    First, I have to say, great work! Really! Flying FSX only, I must say, there a re no complains about the aircraft's behavior in FSX. This is not very often the case with native FS9 aircraft ported to FSX. Thumbs up!

Concerning the turbine version - which I am really looking forward to - would you consider releasing a turbine version of the Trader as well, just like the KC-2 Turbo Trader for the Brazilian Navy? Here is a link to Flightglobal:
    http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...sation-365929/
    That would be awesome, as it shows the "modern" side of this classic design!

Keep it up!

Seawing:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Milton and everyone else on the team!
    First, I have to say, great work! Really! Flying FSX only, I must say, there a re no complains about the aircraft's behavior in FSX. This is not very often the case with native FS9 aircraft ported to FSX. Thumbs up!

Concerning the turbine version - which I am really looking forward to - would you consider releasing a turbine version of the Trader as well, just like the KC-2 Turbo Trader for the Brazilian Navy? Here is a link to Flightglobal:
    http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...sation-365929/
    That would be awesome, as it shows the "modern" side of this classic design!

Keep it up!

Seawing:salute:
    How is it different from this one?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, they are Traders and not Trackers. Look here:
    http://www.s2ftracker.com/braziltraders.htm
    And there is a picture here as well:
    http://www.naval.com.br/blog/2011/10...asil/#comments

They have only recently been purchased by Brazil and some of them have been moved from Tucson to Mesa in Arizona for turbine conversion. I recon, they will have a secondary role as tankers! So they will have a refueling basket on the tail!

The engines should be the same as on the Argentine versions! So, maybe you can put together the c-1 model with the S-2T engines and if there is time to spare, try to make a refueling system.

Cheers,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Well, they are Traders and not Trackers. Look here:
    http://www.s2ftracker.com/braziltraders.htm
    And there is a picture here as well:
    http://www.naval.com.br/blog/2011/10...asil/#comments

They have only recently been purchased by Brazil and some of them have been moved from Tucson to Mesa in Arizona for turbine conversion. I recon, they will have a secondary role as tankers! So they will have a refueling basket on the tail!

The engines should be the same as on the Argentine versions! So, maybe you can put together the c-1 model with the S-2T engines and if there is time to spare, try to make a refueling system.

Cheers,

Seawing

Thank you for the clarification. I will investigate the possibility.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, looking very possible. :-)

Using the C-1A fuselage and the S2T wings and engines and gear.

Will add the fuel probe.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

BTW these should fly well in FSX as I generally develop FDE's in FSX and then revise backwards fro the FS9 plane......

Cheers: Tom

Sorry to drag up a 4 year old Zombie thread but I'm at my wits end with this.

I have the S2F-3 installed in FSX, default USS Essex, RAN, Royal Netherlands Navy paints and 3rd party RCN HMCS Bonaventure paint installed. The first three all work just fine with no prop issues... the last one however still has the FS9/FSX black disk issue. I have applied the same DDS texture to the primary texture folder and to each individual paint folder, but for some reason it just does not work on the Canadian bird.

Any ideas?
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Sorry to drag up a 4 year old Zombie thread but I'm at my wits end with this.

I have the S2F-3 installed in FSX, default USS Essex, RAN, Royal Netherlands Navy paints and 3rd party RCN HMCS Bonaventure paint installed. The first three all work just fine with no prop issues... the last one however still has the FS9/FSX black disk issue. I have applied the same DDS texture to the primary texture folder and to each individual paint folder, but for some reason it just does not work on the Canadian bird.

Any ideas?
    I am unclear whether you are referring to the FSX Native version or the FS9 port-over.

Can you post the model name and date from your model folder, and post the [fltsim.nn] section from the aircraft.cfg that refers to this paint.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi, again thanks for doing these birds, the Aussie still bird gets regular flight time - just wish I could get the Canadian one to work for the Bonnie.

It is the FSX conversion and the props are fine on all installed paints bar the RCN scheme. even though all paint sub-folders contain the same "spinprop" texture.

As requested:

Model name:

S2F.MDL - 30/07/2012

Paint:

[fltsim.3]
    title=CS2F-3 SOH RN 1577
    sim=S2F-3
    panel=
    model=S2F
    sound=
    texture=RCN1577
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id_enable=1
    atc_id=1577
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=Navy
    atc_flight_number=577
    atc_id_color=0x00000000
    atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
    ui_manufacturer=Grumman
    ui_type=CS2F-3 SOH
    ui_variation=RCN VS-880 HMCS Bonaventure
    visual_damage=1
    Description=S2F-3 Model by Milton Shupe, flight model by Tom Falley, sounds by Nigel, paintkit by Todd Disrud, repaint by John Detrick
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Hi, again thanks for doing these birds, the Aussie still bird gets regular flight time - just wish I could get the Canadian one to work for the Bonnie.

It is the FSX conversion and the props are fine on all installed paints bar the RCN scheme. even though all paint sub-folders contain the same "spinprop" texture.

As requested:

Model name:

S2F.MDL - 30/07/2012

Paint:

[fltsim.3]
    title=CS2F-3 SOH RN 1577
    sim=S2F-3
    panel=
    model=S2F
    sound=
    texture=RCN1577
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id_enable=1
    atc_id=1577
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=Navy
    atc_flight_number=577
    atc_id_color=0x00000000
    atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
    ui_manufacturer=Grumman
    ui_type=CS2F-3 SOH
    ui_variation=RCN VS-880 HMCS Bonaventure
    visual_damage=1
    Description=S2F-3 Model by Milton Shupe, flight model by Tom Falley, sounds by Nigel, paintkit by Todd Disrud, repaint by John Detrick
    This repaint was done for the FS9 version so it lacks the support for the FSX Native conversion variant textures, specs, etc..

In the FSX native variant, the "spinprop.bmp" texture was replaced with the "prop" named texture.

If you still have the former, then you can convert it to DDS or run it as a bmp but rename it to "prop".

The FSX native model is looking for "prop" so a copy from any other original native released livery should work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks, working fine now

FSUIPC Programming

Okay, great. I use shift+e, release then 2 and that is the default FSX setting I believe.
    If you have a registered version of FSUIPC 4.xxx the FSX version, you can program this to a button on your yoke, throttle quadrant etc. to make life really simple. I have also used this to program HotKeySelect= numbered views for really quick views like the right seat, center panel, overhead, cowl flaps, flaps, tailhook etc. If you don't have a quadrant, I would highly recommend buying the six stick CH Products because it has 6 up/down equalling 12 function keys. I have the above views as well as F9 and CTRL shift and it is a pleasure and a breeze to make functions work quickly instead of the keyboard or mouse clicks. BTW, A big Bravo Zulu to Milton and the team for this fantastic aircraft for free and for both FS9 where I started flying it and now FSX. Having flown in the C1A Miss America a number of times to and from USS America CVA-66 (the texture for it I did is available here) it was a thrill to see it when first uploaded.