Ant's Swamp Wallaby (freeware in development)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Swamp Wallaby (freeware in development)

Ant's Swamp Wallaby (freeware in development)

Here's a piccy of a new plane I've made up. One day I was scribbling away on my notepad while waiting for the computer to do something and came up with the design.

It's a small personal jet (seating for one), maybe somewhere around 350 - 400 kts cruise speed, really light (carbon fibre?) , 3 glass displays for engine, GPS and instruments and completely fictional. Lots of nice buttons to push and knobs to tweak though.

I've just finished adding the nav, strobe and landing light (which is a nice Lotus style landing light and swivels with the nose wheel).

As I continue development I will post some more pics here.

After buying your eaglet the other day anything you do is well worth watching

looking forward to it :salute:
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Now there's a plane design that will make me feel rich!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outstanding!

Slick-looking lines! Very cool! I'll be interested to see how this progresses.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Here's a piccy of a new plane I've made up. One day I was scribbling away on my notepad while waiting for the computer to do something and came up with the design.

It's a small personal jet (seating for one), maybe somewhere around 350 - 400 kts cruise speed, really light (carbon fibre?) , 3 glass displays for engine, GPS and instruments and completely fictional. Lots of nice buttons to push and knobs to tweak though.

I've just finished adding the nav, strobe and landing light (which is a nice Lotus style landing light and swivels with the nose wheel).

As I continue development I will post some more pics here.

You're my new best friend . This is what (IMO) is missing in FSX .Concept, fictional aircraft . I just wish more VTOL concept, fictional aircraft was developed .

Beautiful plane.
    Looks too sleek to be a swamp wallaby though.
    Needs a nice sleek name.

I mentioned before that it was based on a scribble so I thought you'd like to see the original blueprints...

Ants , quiet a whiles back i saw a twin engine ... 8 to 10 seat type tho .. It was painted in its 'Blue print' now lets hope your not going to do the same here

What are you implying there Ian?

That my little baby might never see the light of day?

Exterior is pretty much done (only a beacon light to add) and the VC is coming along nicely now. I've come to far not to finish. Mind you, if anyone was interested in helping with the Flight Dynamics I wouldn't say no.

Oryginal, manufactured Blue Prints - "first class", very accurate!
    Thx Anthony!

Is it an answer for Icon A5 (in M.Flight)? ; )
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

MS Icon A5?

Well, I can tell you that on my plane the radios actually work (he he)

Hi Anthony, nice little project you got here.....cool!!

I can help you out with the flight dynamics.

Cheers,
    Hank

What are you implying there Ian?
    Umm .. the shopping list of parts maybe ... anyway the paper is not blue

Ant, I Fly your Eaglet every day, Its a great plane, 10/10,

I would suggest to improve/expand Eaglet documentation, manuals etc

I think I'll buy Sierra too
    Student returing to WB on first GF solo.
    ABC - "WB ABC request joining and landing instructions currently FL7500 (he meant 7500')"
    Tower - "ABC report planet earth in sight!"

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Hi Anthony, nice little project you got here.....cool!!

I can help you out with the flight dynamics.

Cheers,
    Hank
    Hi Hank

That would be great, I've done some work on a few things (like filling out the aircraft.cfg data) and it least it gets off the ground but I haven't really done more than that yet. If you email me at my email address on this page: http://www.antsairplanes.com/contact.html I can send you a copy of the aircraft as it is at the moment (ie half finished) which you can fiddle about with if you like.

Had a productive couple of days and managed to texture up the cockpit. Originally I had a cloth seat but it looked a bit too cheap so replaced it with a leather one. Don't you just hate it when you have to spend two hours retexturing something you've already done? Oh well, the results are hopefully worth it.

I'm sorry about the retexturing, but isn't the luxury of leather worth it? It looks nice and comfy. Smashing work so far!
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Sweet...but where's the cup holder?

Some of my favorites in FS9 have been concept aircraft; this one looks very sharp and I'm looking forward to it.

Designing your own planes can be quite a thrill. It's always 100% accurate, and you can give the rivet-counters the finger!
    Even tho that hasn't stopped some from pointing out "inaccuracies" in my designs....
    I wish FSX had support built in for VTOL, Rocket, Gyro, etc. May have to sell my soul and go X-Plane 10...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Had a productive couple of days and managed to texture up the cockpit. Originally I had a cloth seat but it looked a bit too cheap so replaced it with a leather one. Don't you just hate it when you have to spend two hours retexturing something you've already done? Oh well, the results are hopefully worth it.

My seat will be covered with a towel during the summer. Had too much experience getting into vehicles with leather seats on a hot day. No need to iron the trousers

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Just a comment.

You might provide side air bags or some cushioning to the sides of the control decks. Those side walls look like they could bash the hips fairly good. Too boxy looking.

Just flown home back to civilisation after my stint, that looks so cool, well done
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Hey Pat, What if the seat was cooled? You know how some cars have heated seats (useless in Australia), why not have a cooled seat?