"Focke-Wulf 190"

Thread: "Focke-Wulf 190"

"Focke-Wulf 190"

Thanks for the pictures John, a good reminder what a beautiful aircraft she is.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Personally, I've always felt that it has a bit of a sinister look about it. ; )

A great aircraft, and one of my favorites in FSX.

Nice shots!

Reminds of an airshow I went to with my father 2 years ago. We were on motorcycles, had our tents built up at a campsite, and went out for the airfield. Due to some roads blocked, we were a little uncertain of the, driving through a forest, when suddenly it got very loud, and right at a clearing, there was a 190 blasting overhead at full throttle and about 100 feet or so. Just amazing! (Even if it was powered by a P&W engine...)
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Nice nice shoots , but swastika .... Nazi symbols
    Student returing to WB on first GF solo.
    ABC - "WB ABC request joining and landing instructions currently FL7500 (he meant 7500')"
    Tower - "ABC report planet earth in sight!"

Quote Originally Posted by sinanziric View Post
    Nice nice shoots , but swastika .... Nazi symbols
    It is not the symbols, it is the people who use them to promote unhealthy systems.....

Cheers,
    Huub

I don't have this model, although I wish I did, it looks great. Awesome screenshots Bomber, as always. Inspiring!

I thought this video of a real FlugWerk replica on a test flight that I've seen recently is relevant. Not a BMW engine though. Not sure if this one has an ASh82 or P&W radial.

I believe Mathias has included the FlugWerk model in the package, right? If so which package is it? I like flying restored warbirds or replicas. It is more believable in a modern FSX world so I might consider it.

Charter Member 2012

Regard the swastika

Hi

huub vink is right. The swastika as a symbol i mutch older than used by the nazis.

Finland used it on the first military aircraft on 1920´s The plane whas a gift from Count von Rosen with family used the blue colored swastika as a symbol at the castle "Rockelsta" in Sweden.

Latvia used also the swastika on ther airforce in early 1930´s but colored red.

Best Regard
    Dennyboy

John, very cool shots, thanks for sharing!
    You should do our product images.

Dimus, negative on the Flugwerk Fw190, it's all pure vintage interiors in our butcher birds.
    Though the period radios are adapted to work with today's VOR frequencies.
    I would suggest to study the handbook before making a decision, particularly the part dealing with the radios:
    http://www.classics-hangar.de/downloads_en.htm
    Mathias

Thanks Mathias, I'll have a look. Still enjoying your excellent Bf-108.

I love that video, Dimus! That particular example is powered by an Ash82 engine as you mention.

Here's some additional video, this being the only original Fw-190 currently flying (with upwards of 85% original internal structure and external skins), as well as being powered by an original BMW 801. A repaint of this aircraft by Huub, is available at Flightsim.com for the late-variants pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvQnlYB3IE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRQeWrM2Ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoEs2VtVYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42EARdXxZ7o

Great pics of my favorite plane!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyBoy View Post
    Finland used it on the first military aircraft on 1920´s The plane whas a gift from Count von Rosen with family used the blue colored swastika as a symbol at the castle "Rockelsta" in Sweden.
    Some interesting background: http://www.rockelstad.se/english/hermann-goring.asp
    Anneke

If imitation is the greatest compliment, Leroy Grumman (an accomplished test pilot in his own right) flew a captured one in England and afterwards commented, "This is the airplane I wish we had built" and went on to initiate the fabulous F8F Bearcat, arguably the non pareil of piston fighters.

Good looking plane, and perhaps a slightly sinister aspect was interntional.

T

Yeah it is an excellent airplane, very nice on the controls. I am considering doing a Tejanahawk-esque paint scheme for it as well.

Hey Mathias, I don't know if you are done doing updates for the FW, but just curious if you were thinking of some kind of loadout manager like you did for the Taifun. Might be nice for the late variants with bomb/external tank...etc. I know you can do that via the regular FS palyoad manager but the Taifun loadout manager is very well done. I noticed the FW likes to be selected first on FS startup, so maybe some sort of 'cold start' reset button might be a good idea when switching from another airplane.

A minor minor thing I noticed was a bug you fixed in the Taifun...the pilot's appearing while shut off facing a headwind ...you were able to switch the coding to be based on groundspeed and that solved the problem.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi TJ,

I'm planning a few little fixes and updates for the future, though there's no feature list right now that I could share and no ETA either.
    Mathias

Sounds good :salute: Gotta keep the theme going and think of a Tejana____ name for it...Tejanawulf maybe. And what phrase to put under the wings
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PJ,

You can already chose the load you want with the standard fuel/load manager from FSX. Parking brakes and main switch off will remove the pilot.

Bomb

Droptank

Empty ETC501

Clear and dark

Cheers,
    Huub

Yeah I know you can change from the FS payload manager, as you can with the BF-108. The 108 payload is just a nice quick convenient way to change things. It is no big deal and if it is too much work then might not be worth it. As far as the pilot, I think he is tagged to master off, and IAS=0. However if it is parked with a headwind, the pilot shows up. Switching that to groundspeed would solve that as was done with the Taifun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members +
    National Air and Space Museum Image Detail

Messerschmitt Me 262

Does not seem to offend here,this,Americas Great museum...I would think adherance to accuracy and history in models is a good thing..

Somehow I think FW190 looks best with a black nose......

Quote Originally Posted by DennyBoy View Post
    Hi

huub vink is right. The swastika as a symbol i mutch older than used by the nazis.

Latvia used also the swastika on ther airforce in early 1930´s but colored red.

Best Regard
    Dennyboy
    Indeed, it is thousands of years old and used by many cultures. It is no more a nazi symbol than the American flag is a symbol of the KKK. Like many cultural icons throughout history things get used and abused.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Somehow I think FW190 looks best with a black nose......

I bought it when it first came out and I still can't decide what paint I like best. It's such a beautiful a/c that every paint looks good on it.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W