TFC Gloster Gladiator N5903 (G-GLAD) Repaint - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFC Gloster Gladiator N5903 (G-GLAD) Repaint

Quote Originally Posted by newcomer View Post
    These effects are for example included in petlyakov_pe2.zip + lagg-3a.zip --> both at flightsim.com

Looks great and causes no framrate loss - thanks racartron
    Thanks for providing the original link. I've had these so long I had no idea where they came from. In the past if someone asked, I just sent them a zip of the wee files.

I tend to use them on most older planes as all ya jave to do is "position" the set correctly. Of course, if ya only have one exhaust pipe, then only use one set (of three files). They really look good on the Carenado GA series(fs9)
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Awesome John ! Not only the repaint, also the pictures !

Do you mind if I add the files to our download section too? Maybe not all of the customers read here on SOH and they might certainly be interested. Just a thought.
    You guys have a download section? Where is it pray tell? I'm accumulating a whole herd(flock) of Simon's beauties and am always on the prowl for more liveries.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Thank you so much for the nice paint and the new effects,Guys!
    Much appreciated.
    Hope for more paints to come.
    Michael

Thank you all!

Francois, feel free to host the repaint (and any of the screenshots, if wanted).

I have had my eyes on three other schemes, so as long as I can find some time for them, there will be more repaints for the "Glad".
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by racartron View Post
    You guys have a download section? Where is it pray tell? I'm accumulating a whole herd(flock) of Simon's beauties and am always on the prowl for more liveries.

Very modest, just a place for our patches and a few 'goodies.
    Just click on the 'free stuff' tab on our website.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you all!

Francois, feel free to host the repaint (and any of the screenshots, if wanted).

I have had my eyes on three other schemes, so as long as I can find some time for them, there will be more repaints for the "Glad".
    Thanks John..... will post them and spread the word ! :salute:
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Thank you very much for the repaint john! Wonderful! I hope to see more repaints for this very nice plane ( belgian airforce).

I am shure going to enjoy this one over FSX Duxford skies.

F.L.

Super paint, made me go and buy the Gloster off of Sim Market. Looking forward to checking it out!

Good morning everyone!
    In the last issue of "Le Fana de l'Aviation" (french "vintage aviation" magazine), Sir Stephen Grey explains why he loves so much his Gladiator. This made me buy FSADDON great rendition of this wonderful airplane.
    I have to thank John Terrell for his fantastic repaint, I've been looking closely at all the details and I must admit that this is one of the best repaint I have ever seen for FSX!!!

I must have missed this one. Where is it, please? At the FSAddon website I get an Error 404.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

well now you've sold me a plane John...brilliant repaint - absolutely peerless
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Hi dhasdell,
    I bought mine from secure simmarket.

Thanks - I have the aircraft; I meant the Duxford 72 squadron paint scheme.

Thanks Johan. I knew I could rely on you!

My pleasure! While you're at it, look at all Bombers brilliant Harvard and Mustang paints!

I'm so looking forward to what he comes up with when the A2A Harvard will be released!!

Johan

It's fun to see this old thread brought back up again! I had also recently heard mention of Stephen Grey's excellent article about the Gladiator in a recent issue of "Aeroplane Monthly" as well (perhaps the very same article, but in English?). Coincidentally, his son Nick, who has flown some fantastic aerobatic displays in the TFC Gladiator, also recently wrote a brief article on the aircraft, which can be read here: http://www.globalaviationresource.co...-n5903-g-glad/

The TFC Gladiator in fully aerobatic demonstration, flown by Nick Grey:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD60aJ9I9LI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrpWcm8V3k4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Tj--KavoU
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Hi Bomber_12th!
    I'm pretty sure that this is the same article but translated in french...
    Many thanks again for your wonderful repaint!!!
    Best regards,

Stéph.

Now, if anyone could redo the VC textures, that would be nice!

Since this is active again I have a question. Does anyone get a flickering effect on the altimeter? The layer that has the numbers and face text flickers off and on continuously.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Since this is active again I have a question. Does anyone get a flickering effect on the altimeter? The layer that has the numbers and face text flickers off and on continuously.
    Yes, I do!

In DX10 (using Steve's DX10 Fixer).

Was going to drop Francois a line to let him know about this.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by Bradburger; May 24th, 2015 at 10:24.

Same for me!

Same for me. Probably has something to do with DX10/11!

Johan

What a dandy little a/c. I would have missed it had it not been for this thread.

I'm surprised its not available at the new FSAddOn website. I found mine at Aerosoft.

Just splendid, absolutely splendid. Always did like the FSAddOn a/c, and this fits right it.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    What a dandy little a/c. I would have missed it had it not been for this thread.
    I'm surprised its not available at the new FSAddOn website. I found mine at Aerosoft.
    Just splendid, absolutely splendid. Always did like the FSAddOn a/c, and this fits right it.
    Same here. . .John's repaint caught my eye on this and so I read on through the full thread and decided to give it a shot. The price is certainly reasonable and it's a joy to fly.

Members who have read this thread: 4