"A Lovely Blue Bird"

Thread: "A Lovely Blue Bird"

"A Lovely Blue Bird"

That goes, goes, goes! My favorite Spitfire to wring-out over the field.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

wow, lovely bird and awesome shots!!!

:ernae:

Thank you Res Von Verba!

Spitfire has some beautiful lines... thanks John!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

And thnk you John for your awesme pilot texture that makes it that much better......:salute:

Great shots!
    But what model is the Spit?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Is not by realair?

Outstanding shots, especially that first one!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Time to fly the Spit again...where might I find that texture?

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's the RealAir model for FSX, repaint by Grant MacLean from flightsim.com ...

<center>FSX - FSX Warbirds</center>
    <center>FSX Spitfire PR.XIX Contra-Prop PS890
    </center>
    <center>[ Download | View ] </center>
    Name:
    spit890.zip Size: 7,384,571
    Date: 05-11-2008 Downloads: 899
    FSX Spitfire PR.XIX Contra-Prop PS890. A
    repaint of the payware RealAir Spitfire 2008 Contra-Prop MkXIV as a PR.XIX
    Spitfire. A well-travelled aircraft, PS890 was originally delivered to RAF
    Benson in 1945. In 1954 it was transferred to the Royal Thai Air Force, then in
    1962 was donated by King Bhumibel to the Air Museum at Claremont, California.
    During its rebuild its wings were clipped and it was fitted with a Shackleton
    engine with contra-rotating props, then flown by Planes of Fame in Chino. In
    2005 it was sold to the French collector, Christophe Jacquard, who took it to
    Duxford to have the wing tips replaced. It is now based at Dijon-Darois,
    airport, France. Some say that the Spitfire XIX is "the most beautiful aircraft
    of them all". 32-bit textures by Grant MacLean/Sean Moloney/RealAir.

Thank you Sir!

It is quite a bit of a 'fictional' aircraft, though I really enjoy it.

As the description of the repaint mentions, the Spitfire Mk.XIX PS890 airframe was without engine. It was decided to try and mount a Shackleton engine to the airframe, complete with counter-rotating props. The aircraft came into the Christophe Jacquard collection in France, and could be seen at several airshows each summer. In this configuration, the aircraft was described to not be as well handling as other Spitfire types, but the thrus was unbelievable - going into the vertical, the aircraft would just continue to pull, pull, pull. Looking sort of similar to the counter-rotating prototype Mk.XIV included in the RealAir product, it was of course natural to see this repaint created.

A couple of years ago, the aircraft was stripped down and an original proper powerplant for the airframe was re-fitted, along with the standard, proper, 5-bladed prop. The aircraft now flies in its original service colors as well, and it looks better than ever:

And of course what she looked like in her prior "guise".

BTW, I recently was reading a modern pilot report on the Spitfire Mk.XVIII (you can take that for what you will), which is of course rather similar to the Spitfire Mk.XIV and XIX. It was rather interesting to read, that contrary to the earliest and mid-model Spitfires, these later types had radiators that almost worked too well, in that at times it can actually be hard to keep the engine's coolant warm enough in-flight.

John,
    Nice screens of that encapsulating machine! Nothing like the contra-prop Griffon Spits! This is one offering I passed up a while back, maybe it's time to saddle her, and take a whirl?

Joseph

Outstanding shots! Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Don't know if it's just me but the embedded links all point to Sim-Outhouse and not Flightsim.com

They work if you substitute flightsim.com for sim-outhouse.com in the URL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Yes, that's the RealAir model for FSX, repaint by Grant MacLean from flightsim.com ...

<center>FSX - FSX Warbirds</center>
    <center>FSX Spitfire PR.XIX Contra-Prop PS890
    </center>
    <center>[ Download | View ] </center>
    Name:
    spit890.zip Size: 7,384,571
    Date: 05-11-2008 Downloads: 899
    FSX Spitfire PR.XIX Contra-Prop PS890. A
    repaint of the payware RealAir Spitfire 2008 Contra-Prop MkXIV as a PR.XIX
    Spitfire. A well-travelled aircraft, PS890 was originally delivered to RAF
    Benson in 1945. In 1954 it was transferred to the Royal Thai Air Force, then in
    1962 was donated by King Bhumibel to the Air Museum at Claremont, California.
    During its rebuild its wings were clipped and it was fitted with a Shackleton
    engine with contra-rotating props, then flown by Planes of Fame in Chino. In
    2005 it was sold to the French collector, Christophe Jacquard, who took it to
    Duxford to have the wing tips replaced. It is now based at Dijon-Darois,
    airport, France. Some say that the Spitfire XIX is "the most beautiful aircraft
    of them all". 32-bit textures by Grant MacLean/Sean Moloney/RealAir.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!