Addressed to the MAIW Crew...

Thread: Addressed to the MAIW Crew...

Lightbulb Addressed to the MAIW Crew...

First let me say that I truly enjoy your work. I was just wondering; however, have you'll ever given any thought to doing something for the Korean War era or perhaps the Vietnam era?

Romeo-Delta

We've been asked that before actually and there just isn't enough interest amongst the modelers, at least that I know of to do something like that. One of the guys has been working on Vietnam era models like the F-105 and some other stuff from that era and he's done some WWII fighters as well but nothing from the Korean War era.

I thought there was an AI F-86 floating around out there somewhere but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE JG View Post
    We've been asked that before actually and there just isn't enough interest amongst the modelers, at least that I know of to do something like that. One of the guys has been working on Vietnam era models like the F-105 and some other stuff from that era and he's done some WWII fighters as well but nothing from the Korean War era. I thought there was an AI F-86 floating around out there somewhere but I could be wrong.
    Thanks Mike. I certainly understand the hesitancy to devote the considerable effort and time that goes into these projects only to have a really limited number of downloads. You are correct about the AI F-86. I'm pretty sure it can be found right here at the Outhouse.

Romeo-Delta

If you want AI Korean war stuff, look up the FoxFour CFS2 stuff, dedicated AI models for a Korean war campaign, you'll maybe need to download it all and sift through it, but they should work in FS9. You will still need to source/make bases and flight-plans though.

link--> http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm

Jamie

Charter Member 2011

Interesting you should mention this

...Mike Pearson has gone one step on from his prolific repainting schedule, and remodelled some of Nick Black's Phantoms.

Plenty of different loadouts, and very nice models they are too.
    Available at flightsim.com

Just a question of time, I hope, before someone puts together a flightplan/scenery package.

Mine are running cloned to the MAIW Osan pack at present.

Thanks JT. Wing, I've done something similar with MAIW's Hurlburt Field. Put some A1s, Gooneys, T28s and A26s down there. Kinda like it must of been in the 60s and 70s.

Romeo-Delta

That's my favorite part about what we do. We can all individually recreate just about anything we want. For me it's A-7s of the Ohio ANG flying from Springfield-Beckley (since BRAC took away the F-16s there). Brings me back to my childhood seeing these aircraft fly overhead from time to time.

The possibilities are endless really.

One of the guys has been working on Vietnam era models like the F-105 and some other stuff from that era and he's done some WWII fighters as well but nothing from the Korean War era.
    Mike,

interesting? are these models available? Would be a shame for them to not be, 'cos we guys here make do and mend / bend the laws of physics and patch things together ourselves sometimes, lol.

That's my favorite part about what we do. We can all individually recreate just about anything we want. For me it's A-7s of the Ohio ANG flying from Springfield-Beckley (since BRAC took away the F-16s there). Brings me back to my childhood seeing these aircraft fly overhead from time to time.

The possibilities are endless really.
    Mike before I lost everything due to a computer crash, I had Bainbridge Air Base in Bainbridge, GA, set up pretty much like it was during the years my daddy worked there (1952-1961). I've just about got the scenery re-done thanks in part to several scenery object designers releasing objects for RW12 and ADE that once were in API format. I've just about acquired all the different AI aircraft. Next will be doing the AFCAD where all the different types of aircraft park in their correct places. I liked to have pulled what little bit of hair I have left almost out last week. I think I finally stumbled upon what I was doing wrong. (I'd appreciate feedback here.)
    Seems to me that the AFCAD parking codes need to be in the (Aircraft #) section of the aircraft config file rather than in the (General) section.

Romeo-Delta

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    ... (I'd appreciate feedback here.) Seems to me that the AFCAD parking codes need to be in the (Aircraft #) section of the aircraft config file rather than in the (General) section.
    Can't say I've ever seen parking codes in any place other than in [fltsim.xx] sections.
    Makes sense to have it there, they often need individual ID

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Can't say I've ever seen parking codes in any place other than in [fltsim.xx] sections.
    Makes sense to have it there, they often need individual ID
    Wing, that's where I'm now putting them. When I wrote the above, I couldn't remember what that section was named and didn't want to shut down my internet and go look. Since I've started doing it that way, each airplane always parks in its assigned parking space. Now my ag plane operates out of the part of the airport that I set up for it.

Romeo-Delta

Regarding the original topic, I uploaded a fixed version of this package this morning. Should be good to go now.