Twister update - update?

Thread: Twister update - update?

Twister update - update?

Wondering how the update for the Iris Twister is coming along? The latest update ended up making it impossible to raise/lower the gear or flaps using either the keyboard commands or mouse click hot spots. I'd post this on the Iris forum but I don't seem to have posting access (yes - I'm registered). The latest update I saw indicated a fix should have been available late this past week.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Charter Member 2012
    I can get the flaps and gear go up and down with the mouse but you have to use left and right buttons if i remember correctly.

I agree its annoying not to be able to use the standard keys.

David postede on his facebook I think yesterday...he had to return to the hospital for his shoulder.....update has been pushed a couple days....I think that should put it at moday or uesday...but I'm not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    David postede on his facebook I think yesterday...he had to return to the hospital for his shoulder.....update has been pushed a couple days....I think that should put it at moday or uesday...but I'm not 100% sure

Thanks. Hope he's doing well.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I can get the flaps and gear go up and down with the mouse but you have to use left and right buttons if i remember correctly.

I agree its annoying not to be able to use the standard keys.
    There have been a couple of updates since the original release. Version 2 was supposed to allow you to use keyboard commands (or mapped joystick commands) to control the gear/flaps in addition to using the mouse hot spots in the VC. Something seems to be amiss with the version 2 update as some have lost the ability to control the gear/flaps at all (including me). So, David's been working on a fix. I was unaware that he had returned to the hospital.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    There have been a couple of updates since the original release. Version 2 was supposed to allow you to use keyboard commands (or mapped joystick commands) to control the gear/flaps in addition to using the mouse hot spots in the VC. Something seems to be amiss with the version 2 update as some have lost the ability to control the gear/flaps at all (including me). So, David's been working on a fix. I was unaware that he had returned to the hospital.
    I think Karen corrected that. . .it was she that was in the Hospital and David's on "Care-Giver" duty while she recuperates.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I think Karen corrected that. . .it was she that was in the Hospital and David's on "Care-Giver" duty while she recuperates.:salute:
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Hi guys n gals,

David was going to have the Twister done either yesterday or today and had some awesome new paints to go with it from Jose, and Jose also added something else to the pack, as well as a model correction. It is unfortunate that I ended up in hospital on Saturday night with left arm pain, from the shoulder down with pins & needles & numbness in the fingers. Being that I've had heart issues previously & am on Warfarin & BP meds, we didn't want to take the chance it wasn't something silly like Tennis Elbow (shoulder style), so we headed in for the night.

Today I have my weekly blood tests done & DB has to catchup on the work he missed on yesterday & Sat night. He knows about the flaps issues & the mapping, and has fixed it.

In the last patch he did & released the other week, the compiler didn't work correctly (or he didn't, i'm not sure which, my eyes glazed over at the explanation) which meant that the issues occured, that weren't previously there.

The update is coming, I promise :-) No more hospital dag-nab-it!

I know Jose has got more art for you too with the extra day or 2 before re-upload ;-)

~K

Quote Originally Posted by IRIS View Post
    Hi guys n gals,

David was going to have the Twister done either yesterday or today and had some awesome new paints to go with it from Jose, and Jose also added something else to the pack, as well as a model correction. It is unfortunate that I ended up in hospital on Saturday night with left arm pain, from the shoulder down with pins & needles & numbness in the fingers. Being that I've had heart issues previously & am on Warfarin & BP meds, we didn't want to take the chance it wasn't something silly like Tennis Elbow (shoulder style), so we headed in for the night.

Today I have my weekly blood tests done & DB has to catchup on the work he missed on yesterday & Sat night. He knows about the flaps issues & the mapping, and has fixed it.

In the last patch he did & released the other week, the compiler didn't work correctly (or he didn't, i'm not sure which, my eyes glazed over at the explanation) which meant that the issues occured, that weren't previously there.

The update is coming, I promise :-) No more hospital dag-nab-it!

I know Jose has got more art for you too with the extra day or 2 before re-upload ;-)

~K

The reality is, the patch can wait until everything is well. Please take care of yourself, and wishing you a full recovery.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    The reality is, the patch can wait until everything is well. Please take care of yourself, and wishing you a full recovery.
    Cheers Dave :-) I feel more silly than anything else. LOL. Anyway, we're back to it today, turns out I can type with little pain and the blood test chic isn't here yet ;-) Aftwards though, some OJ & a nap. I'll let DB get on with the work. LOLOL

Have a great Sunday night.

Great new stuff is coming with v2.1, just give us a bit more time and IRIS will deliver guys. Thank you all for your support!

Jose.

SP Timeline perhaps?

Jose/Karen/David,

Can you give us a timeline of the various patches forthcoming and their approximate timelines for release? The three that seem to invite immediate attention after you're both able too is the:Twister, F-22 and C-27. I only own the latter two but know there's much anticipation on the Twister too. I know you're also working on improving your F-15E but hope the three aforementioned get equal attention to mending, as these are more than a year or two old and still not finished. I fully understand you're challenges currently, but think these former releases deserve as much loving care as has been given your latest release.

I know it seems like I'm continuosly beating the same drum, but I also see some growing anticipation of fixing some of the older releases before mending the newer stuff, as you mentioned all throughout your F-15E thread. Anyway, just looking for some sort of informative timeline, no promises of exact dates, but informed guestimates. Thanks and please ensure you both take time to mend properly after all is said and done.

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank you for your post Matt,

I believe I have addressed these issues a number of times now, all updates & upgrades for the year will be announced over the coming week or so. We are aware of what planes need to be updated, David & the team are working on which order things will be updated & released. I can not not give a time frame however on these updates. We will be making the announcements as soon as we can though.

Thank you.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Jose/Karen/David,

Can you give us a timeline of the various patches forthcoming and their approximate timelines for release? The three that seem to invite immediate attention after you're both able too is the:Twister, F-22 and C-27. I only own the latter two but know there's much anticipation on the Twister too. I know you're also working on improving your F-15E but hope the three aforementioned get equal attention to mending, as these are more than a year or two old and still not finished. I fully understand you're challenges currently, but think these former releases deserve as much loving care as has been given your latest release.

I know it seems like I'm continuosly beating the same drum, but I also see some growing anticipation of fixing some of the older releases before mending the newer stuff, as you mentioned all throughout your F-15E thread. Anyway, just looking for some sort of informative timeline, no promises of exact dates, but informed guestimates. Thanks and please ensure you both take time to mend properly after all is said and done.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by IRIS View Post
    Thank you for your post Matt,

I believe I have addressed these issues a number of times now, all updates & upgrades for the year will be announced over the coming week or so. We are aware of what planes need to be updated, David & the team are working on which order things will be updated & released. I can not not give a time frame however on these updates. We will be making the announcements as soon as we can though.

Thank you.

Karen
    Karen, thank you for addressing them before and apologize for bringing it up, again, sincerely. It's a bit frustrating to see the announcement of additional Iris F-15E features (AI tanker, weapons and avionics) and SP's for your latest release here and on Facebook, but little else about the others needing attention. Not sparring, just deflated and honestly all the heated debate with the two Eagles seems to have thrust the Eagle into the spotlight to fix before anything else which doesn't bode well with me, my issue I know.

The original thread is about the Twister, and sorry for taking it off topic a moment but it's along the same line of the posters topic. I also see some others frustration, I think, about the priority of patching. It makes sense to fix the latest code because its readily accessible, but can we focus on fixing the broken material before re-directing your energies onto making your existing products more marketable? Anyway, will be standing by, awaiting word on the older release's updates. Get better so all energies can be directed at stopping my whining.

Cheers again,
    Matt

From our Facebook page:

Update will feature...

1. New FDE.
    2. New soundpack.
    3. More detailed Virtual Cockpit.
    4. New avionics.
    5. New models (Turbine Twister and Vprop Twister).
    6. More textures.
    7. Texture swapper for 1024, 2048 and 4096 resolution artwork.
    8. Various bug fixes from previous release versions.

Thanks!

Jose.