IRIS Releases T-6 Texan as Freeware.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Releases T-6 Texan as Freeware.....

Question IRIS Releases T-6 Texan as Freeware.....

For the "Dark Side"......

Didn't IRIS have an FS9 version of the T-6? I have the PC-9, that is still payware to the best of my knowledge, but I distinctly remember reading about the T-6 back when it was released, and I thought the initial release was for FS9. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

If there was in fact an FS9 version... me wonders if IRIS would release it to the community, as they have done with their FSX package?

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

yeah there was and FS9 version, i'll ask David, also sent him the installers for his Brit-Tooms as he'd lost them... not heard or spoken to him for a while.... so clueless as to whats going on

@ BB686, I just checked all my stuff, (I have almost everything David has put out,) and I don't show that the PC-9/T-6II were FS9, but I could be wrong.

@ Matt, That would be great if the "Toom" could be released. It is one of the few I don't have, (the FSX version.) I do have the FS9 set released by UKMil (Bucaneer and FG_1 & FGR_2)(NO panels or sounds!) with Dave's permission. If your files include the panels and sounds, even better. (Of Course, Nigel's new sound pack for the "Toom" would end up here.)
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I currently have the FS9 version of the IRIS PC-9 installed and the model gets regular air time in that sim. I have FSX installed but have very few add-ons installed for that sim. Just a couple and they are both freeware.

I remember reading about the T-6 Texan before it's initial release on the IRIS website and I could have sworn that it was for FS9... but I could be wrong.

I am known to have been wrong before.

yeah there's an FS9 version, gets regular air time on my sim.... sweet little bird, a great tourer....

Charter Member 2016
    downloaded the FSX version of the T-6II, never could get the click-spots for the GPS to work. I hope that wasn't a problem in the FS9 version...
    As to the PC-9, there was emphatically an FS9 version. I bought it - and still fly it fairly frequently. It's a beautiful bird...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

SOH-CM-2020
    There was a freeware FS2004 Demo or Promotional version released.

I've had it for several years, no panel or sounds, but there's other ones I've added.

Nice aircraft.

Pete.

Matt's right (he should be :salute. There was a full retail FS2004 version of the T-6. It disappeared a while ago; probably about the time the hard core FSX version came out. Always wondered why and was glad I purchased it before it disappeared.

Does anybody out there have connections that might help make it re-appear? Perhaps as freeware?

LA

yeah.... me! LOL! i'm one of IRIS' Texture Artists

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    yeah there's an FS9 version, gets regular air time on my sim.... sweet little bird, a great tourer....
    I just went for a little hop around the airstrip in the PC-9, a few T&G's and some slow flight practise... What a gentle flyer, this little plane is. From a cold start, you better have read the manual tho. I took the "Chief of the Air Staff" variant... really like the paint scheme. I reckon I'd better have my stuff in the right place if I was going to be flying that one.

Thanks for looking into the T-6 Texan issue, Matt. :salute:

just left a message with David about it, he'll get it when he wakes up.... we can but hope...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    That he gets it, or he wakes up?:mixedsmi:

.... bit o' both

just had word back from my boss....

"no plans to release the T-6 FS9 version or the PC-9 FS9 either at the moment"

i didn't ask for a reason but if thats his decision thats fine by me...

He's been quite generous with freeware as it is, so no complaints here. Thanks.

Pat

No complaints from me either. I've been flying the PC-9 since it was released and I'm happy to have that one. Besides the PC-9 and the T-6 are virtually the same aircraft... some minor differences of course.

Sad to hear but I am glad I bought them when I did.

Quote Originally Posted by awj112 View Post
    Sad to hear but I am glad I bought them when I did.
    Me too.

No complaints from this simmer either. They've given out so much freeware in the last couple years, some really nice models as well. You can't have it all and I'm happy to have anything for free but also willing to plop down cash to support the efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE JG View Post
    You can't have it all and I'm happy to have anything for free but also willing to plop down cash to support the efforts.
    Mike,

agreed. I've bought all IRIS's stuff, bar the earlier DSB incarnations. Even the FSX stuff when they were on sale just in case one day I migrate to the dark side. I was gonna do the same with the RAZBAM FSX stuff, but as I had had no inclinations to move in a year or so, I stopped myself, lol. I've got a hangerful of very fine FSX dust collectors. Just rebuilding after a clean install and have had no signs of installing X as of yet.

Jamie

zsolt,
    Just saw this paint in a magazine, have you released it and will it fit the FSX version? Great job.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Mike,

agreed. I've bought all IRIS's stuff, bar the earlier DSB incarnations. Even the FSX stuff when they were on sale just in case one day I migrate to the dark side. I was gonna do the same with the RAZBAM FSX stuff, but as I had had no inclinations to move in a year or so, I stopped myself, lol. I've got a hangerful of very fine FSX dust collectors. Just rebuilding after a clean install and have had no signs of installing X as of yet.

Jamie
    Done the same thing with the exception of the F-16D. I regret missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    zsolt,
    Just saw this paint in a magazine, have you released it and will it fit the FSX version? Great job.
    think they will suit fsx version as well