DH Vampire FB 5 for FSX acceleration (freeware) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DH Vampire FB 5 for FSX acceleration (freeware)

Many thanks Jetstreamsky. Wings Palette also has it as BQ but the photgraphic evidence is a bit hazy so I was wondering if anyone could independently verify. If not BQ it will be...:salute:

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    Awesome repaints Dave and Peter!!

Many kind thanks.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    PS. Can anyone confirm the squadron code? Was it BO or BQ.
    Hi Dave, nice looking Vamp. F3 :salute:. Can't wait to get my hands on the joystick and throttle .
    As an answer to your question I think it must have been BQ (and not BO). Check this official listing;
    http://www.canadianwings.com/Aircraf...hp?17067-15658

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Thanks a lot Mr Watkins for your superb repaints.

Here is another potential projet from a french plastic model club reference :
    French Armée de l'Air 4-LK "8" of "Escadrille Lafayette" at Bremgarten, Germany in 1953

The reference for this potential repaint projet is here :
    http://r1cmaf.free.fr/Maquettes/Vampire/Vampire.htm
    A lots of photos at the bottom of the page.

"Sioux" Sqdn marks on on side of the nose
    and
    "Cigogne" Sqdn marks on the other side of the nose.

Hoping you will be interested doing it !
    Thanks in advance !

VaporZ
    OK, Have now released it at Britsim:
    http://www.britsim.com/index.php?opt...leinfo&id=2310
    Will now crack on with others!

cheers, Peter W

I can’t stop flying this lovely Vampire! Only the British would think to make a jet fighter out of a little plywood and balsa egg with tin wings, but it ticks every box for me – small, neat, quirky, iconic, silky smooth, and just made for doing Derry turns in Tower view. I can appreciate the awesome power and raw spectacle of modern fast jets, but it’s the mature ladies that always catch my eye. I’ve heard she has a friend…

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hi Peter, not a FB5 I know but a Vampire F3, hopefully you can do a what if for me which is could you transport me back 60 years to RAF Llandow where as a 10 year old I and my brother aged 9 used to walk the 2 miles from our home to see what The County of Glamorgan RAuxAF Squadron were up to. This was on Saturdays and Sundays as they were weekend warriors

They had F3's at the time and did until they were stood down, not much to go on just one side of the aircraft probably the same the other side.

Rich

OK, Rich,

Just finished and released at BritSim. Have fun!

http://www.britsim.com/index.php?opt...leinfo&id=2311

cheers, Peter

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    OK, Rich,

Just finished and released at BritSim. Have fun!

http://www.britsim.com/index.php?opt...leinfo&id=2311

cheers, Peter

I have the Paint Kit, but it is confusing on the wings? Need to do an further inspection.

Caz

Many thanks Peter, after this thread was moved out of the stickies for what ever reason I as usual keep checking Britsim.

Any ideas anyone why it was thrown out of the stickies when it has much later post dates than ones that are left in stickies.

Many thanks Peter, got it and it works great for me with the memories bit.

A fair few first with the Vampire, first jet to fly the Atlantic, first jet to land and take off from a carrier plus a few records in those early jet days.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Many thanks Peter, got it and it works great for me with the memories bit.

A fair few first with the Vampire, first jet to fly the Atlantic, first jet to land and take off from a carrier plus a few records in those early jet days.

Rich

I think another first for the Vampire was that it was built and powered by the same company. I can't think of any jet aircraft except the Vampire, Venom and early Comets with airframes and engines made in house.

To continue the Royal Auxiliary Airforce series a 608 squadron Vampire would be very acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I think another first for the Vampire was that it was built and powered by the same company. I can't think of any jet aircraft except the Vampire, Venom and early Comets with airframes and engines made in house.
    Avro CF-100 Canuck comes to mind. The Mk2 Arrow would have had in house designed Orendas
    Matt

Yes, you got me with the CF-100.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post

I have the Paint Kit, but it is confusing on the wings? Need to do an further inspection.

Caz
    Sorry Caz but I put up the Venom paint kit by mistake, I've changed it for the Vampire now.

Rob R

www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk

To continue the Royal Auxiliary Airforce series a 608 squadron Vampire would be very acceptable.
    This is Wing Comdr. W. A. Smith's machine from 1956 at RAF Ouston. It bears No. 607 Sqdn. markings on the left side and No. 608's on the right. Still a WIP - I need to get the underside the right colour - but will put up later this week.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

That looks very good Dave. So were 607 and 608 amalgamated into a Northern Fighter Wing?

Mike. Former resident of Thornaby on Tees, I can still remember Griffons growling and rumbling and Goblins howling.

OK Mike, 608 Sqn F3 VF316 based at Thornaby in 1951 now uploaded at BritSim.

http://www.britsim.com/index.php?opt...leinfo&id=2327

Hope you like it!

regards, Peter W

Thank you Peter, I've been flying around in my little jet powered scooter.

The DeHavilland Vampire FB5 paintkit available?

Unfortunately I can not find!

Any idea?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

What's going on over at Britsim?

I'm completely unable to download anything from there. I get "anti-leach" messages whenever I try.
    Yes, I do have an account there, and don't get any error messages on login.

Stranger and stranger.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    The DeHavilland Vampire FB5 paintkit available?

Unfortunately I can not find!

Any idea?

Zsolt
    It's on Rob's site Zsolt.

http://robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page3.html
    Andy

Just put the vampire paintkit up on my site again, I must have deleted it by mistake.

Rob R

Does this incarnation of the Vampire give a loadout option for external wing tanks?

Other than that, it looks great!

Kent

Edit: Please disregard-- I see underwing tanks are an option...

de Havilland Vampire FB.52 "VO445" of the Royal Norwegian Air Force. This particular aircraft was the personal mount of Wing Commander Werner H. Christie during the early 1950s. Christie was an ww2 ace, having flown both the Spitfire and Mustang (the later as wing commander of the Hunsdon wing in 1945).

de Havilland Vampire F.3 "B-AD" of 336 Skv, Royal Norwegian Air Force, Gardermoen wing.

de Havilland Vampire FB.52 PX-Æ "VO108" of the Royal Norwegian Air Force, 336 Sqn.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..