More Alphasim re-releases
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Alphasim re-releases

More Alphasim re-releases

Just spotted this: http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/

Anyone else know about this? What is the story here? I thought Virtavia was the old Alphasim reborn.

That's correct AlphaSim became Virtavia, however, glowingheat.co.uk has nothing to do with either.

I am the modeller behind the B-58 Hustler for FS9 and the FS9 and native FSX SR-71 Blackbird. I'm going it alone so to speak for a variety of reasons, none of which are suitable for public airing. I started with AlphaSim back in 2003 and have been around a lot over the years, but I have only released a small number of aircraft.

There may possibly be a new B-58 Hustler for FSX at some point in the future now that it looks like FSX has extra life left in it.

Regards,

David.

This is great news David! My father was stationed at Grissom AFB (Bunkerhill AFB) when the B-58 was deployed there. He use to take me to the shop and see all the encapsulated ejections seats.

Made this FSX video sometime ago to honor my father.

After making this video, several comments requested this model.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    now that it looks like FSX has extra life left in it.

Regards,

David.

Since you can still buy new copies of FS9, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that a person will be able to buy new copies of FSX for years to come. Years.

So, keep those models coming.

A possible B-58 for FSX? Make my year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    A possible B-58 for FSX? Make my year.
    Will do my best Sundog. It's such a gorgeous looking plane!

@Tufun

Thats a great video, good tribute. There's something very intriguing in having four pylon mounted engines slung beneath a delta. Not a common configuration.

Regards,

David.

Thanks for this update on the Hustler David. At the risk of highjacking the thread, I did a series of new detailed 2048 x 2048 textures for this some time back in anticipation of a new FSX version, but assumed the project had been shelved. Would be great to see it back on.

Best regards

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

What happened to the reply I posted a couple hours ago?

Anyway, I still have the textures you sent me some time back Dave. If I recall correctly, they were 2048x.
    In any case, we'll get this project going again very soon.
    :ernae:

Will do my best Sundog. It's such a gorgeous looking plane!

@Tufun

Thats a great video, good tribute. There's something very intriguing in having four pylon mounted engines slung beneath a delta. Not a common configuration.

Regards,

David.
    Thanks for the compliment! When Bunkerhill AFB had a open house, they would fly two B-58's and a KC-135. Loudest aircraft I have ever heard. Plus, seeing those four afterburners lighting up was just awesome!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

The FS9 B-58 Hustler is now available again. At Simmarket, and shortly PC Aviator.

Details of the FSX Hustler will appear in due course on my forum.

Attachment 56470

The FS9 B-58 Hustler is now available again. At Simmarket, and shortly PC Aviator.

Details of the FSX Hustler will appear in due course on my forum.

Attachment 56470
    Has this been updated at all from the old AS model?

Frank - I'll clean up those texture sets and send them again when you're ready

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi Dave,

No, no update at all, just replacement of all the old AlphaSim wording.

The FSX Hustler has had an overhaul modelling wise, and will incorporate new higher resolution textures, and a new VC (which I need to start building).

Many thanks for the update. Looking forward to the FSX version very eagerly!

DaveQ

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Many thanks for the update. Looking forward to the FSX version very eagerly!

DaveQ
    Me too! Got the FS9 Hustler already.
    Is Virtavia also not working on an FSX B-58? Or are we talking about the same plane?

Hi Stickshaker,

Its the same plane, except I no longer work for Virtavia so am releasing it myself.

David.

Hi Stickshaker,

Its the same plane, except I no longer work for Virtavia so am releasing it myself.

David.
    Bloody good show!, thinking the same for the Seaking myself to be honest, rip out Virtavias parts and redo them, source sounds and upload, ohh and send a cease and desist to Virtavia on their copy!.

Addendum, I saw somewhere that their Enterprise (CVN 65) has been worked over and re-released under new ownership, talk of a 70's refit variant too.

Do it Michael!

I can set you up with a forum on my site if you like totally free.

Let me know!!

David.

Do it Michael!

I can set you up with a forum on my site if you like totally free.

Let me know!!

David.
    David, thank you.

I need to clear some other issues first and then clear my mind as to the best way forward, I have a few ideas and new projects bubbling away.

I'm sick and tired of being ripped off by robber baron vendors who lone developers cannot name and shame under the so called 'dirty laundry act', its about time we stood together and resisted their activities.

Kindest Michael

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hi Stickshaker,

David.
    Thanks, David, looking forward to it. When it was under the Virtavia brand it was going to have a dragchute. Is that still the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Thanks, David, looking forward to it. When it was under the Virtavia brand it was going to have a dragchute. Is that still the plan?
    Yes a drag chute will be included

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    I saw somewhere that their Enterprise (CVN 65) has been worked over and re-released under new ownership, talk of a 70's refit variant too.
    Any chance of a link Michael?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    David, thank you.

I need to clear some other issues first and then clear my mind as to the best way forward, I have a few ideas and new projects bubbling away.

I'm sick and tired of being ripped off by robber baron vendors who lone developers cannot name and shame under the so called 'dirty laundry act', its about time we stood together and resisted their activities.

Kindest Michael
    I agree! I wish I'd done this sooner, I have control now.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    Thank you,

Andy my initial discourse was incorrect, replace 'saw' with 'heard' .

I agree! I wish I'd done this sooner, I have control now.
    Thats dangerous, 'control', do any of us ever have control of anything LOL.

Your right, should have done this two years ago when the rot set in, Team SDB got out right time mind.

Will converse in the coming weeks once I've got my head around things.

Kindest Michael