RE: 2013 Dodge Dart

Thread: RE: 2013 Dodge Dart

Blog Entries

RE: 2013 Dodge Dart

..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Way to go Dodge! Take another icon model name and slap it onto an ugly piece of crap in the misguided hope that those who cherished the original would swamp the dealerships to get their hands on one. Ugly little car with absolutely no connection to the original MOPAR monster of years gone by,

Maybe if they had followed the Challenger approach and brought fourth a car that looked like a modernized version of the Duster 340 RT, I would go for it. But not on a car that looks like a Fiat or Audi or some such ugliness.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well said OBIO! Never been a particular Dodge fan myself (nor Chrysler for that matter) but this is just ugliness and a cheap ploy. I'm a Ford man at heart which is why I drive a Suzuki. lol
    :mixedsmi:
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Well said OBIO! Never been a particular Dodge fan myself (nor Chrysler for that matter) but this is just ugliness and a cheap ploy. I'm a Ford man at heart which is why I drive a Suzuki. lol
    :mixedsmi:
    Was a Ford fan myself. Which is also why I drove a Mazda!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Way to go Dodge! Take another icon model name and slap it onto an ugly piece of crap in the misguided hope that those who cherished the original would swamp the dealerships to get their hands on one.
    LOL, yep...that about sums it up. Dodge hit the target with the Charger and Challenger...but missed it by a mile with the Dart. Front drive and a turbo 4 cylinder is not the formula that most classic Dart fans would be looking for...no matter how fast it is...
    -Mark

I had a '70 Challenger about 20 years ago. Loved the look of that car. Still do. Originally slime green with a black vinyl roof. The guy I bought it from had removed the vinyl top and repainted the whole thing black. And made some upgrades to the engine.

When I was back in Colorado a couple weeks ago I spied a new Challenger parked in the barn next to stack of hay bales at my cousin's place. He said it was his wife's mid-life crisis car. Can't wait till this summer to go back out there and drive it (if she'll let me). Too much snow this last trip.
    :ernae:

My uncle had a '62 Dart, it was a good running car. It had the push-button automatic transmission. I had a '67 Dart, also a nice car but my Mom sold it after I went into the Navy. Cars nowadays are certainly not made for tall/wide people, I don't think I could squeeze myself into that 2013 Dart.

After looking at the photos. I have to say the style does nothing for me. It looks like just another sedan on the road.
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

My first car was a 62 Dart with a 318 and push button automatic. I paid all of $35 for it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Re: Same

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    My uncle had a '62 Dart, it was a good running car. It had the push-button automatic transmission. I had a '67 Dart, also a nice car but my Mom sold it after I went into the Navy. Cars nowadays are certainly not made for tall/wide people, I don't think I could squeeze myself into that 2013 Dart.
    I remember that car 62 dart, we (My family) Had a 62 Station wagon that was Grape Purple. When we finally
    had to get a new car, we had to leave it running beacause it would never start up again. This was in 1970.

I had a '69 Dart. It's a shame they did THAT to the brandname!

Don

SOH-CM-2024
    New Dart is an Alfa-Romeo. Ugly front end, not uncommon these days. Best looking design for me is the 2013 Ford Fusion. Looks like an Astin-Martin from the front and an Audi from the rear.

Attachment 56222 Attachment 56223

I kinda like the front end. The grill looks a little bit like a Aston-Martin V-12 Vantage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitXIV View Post
    I remember that car 62 dart, we (my family) Had a 62 Station wagon that was Grape Purple. When we finally had to get a new car, we had to leave it running beacause it would never start up again. This was in 1970.
    Like your folks, my uncle was not one to trade in his cars frequently. When he got the '62 Dart he was still driving his original '54 Dodge Coronet 4-door (two-tone blue). Hardly a classic but a good Dodge product and he kept it in good shape. BTW if you do a quick online search you'll come up with some nice pics of the '62 Dart wagon.

Re: Same

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Like your folks, my uncle was not one to trade in his cars frequently. When he got the '62 Dart he was still driving his original '54 Dodge Coronet 4-door (two-tone blue). Hardly a classic but a good Dodge product and he kept it in good shape. BTW if you do a quick online search you'll come up with some nice pics of the '62 Dart wagon.
    Push button transmissions were cool, just push drive and gas and you're moving. The Plymouth valiant had
    push button transmission also. If you fold the back seat down in the Dart wagon you could put a small mattress in. We also had a 6 window Chevy Pickup Named Teddy betcha can't guess why?

Get used to it people.
    The old days are gone, today's market is 'Global'.
    Oil shortages and fuel prices rule.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,