CFS3 Editor Help

Thread: CFS3 Editor Help

CFS3 Editor Help

I am trying to build a facility with CFS3 Editor and need some help.

I am trying to attach a route to a ship that I have in port. I can position the ship but when I give it a route the ship will move but as it moves it duplicates itself in a way that the route you make is one long ship.

I am using the as a tutor exhisting port facilities that have moving ships but mine does not come out right.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

My Personal Facebook Page.

Do you have a loop or is it a single line route which does not end on the beginning of your route? I have always had to loop a route in a facilties file for it to work. Have you considered doing a spawn file instead and have the facilites call out the ship spawn? You can set up your ship route in mission builder and then use the coordinates to write your spawn file route.

In the future you might consider the use of G-Max to set up your facilties files. IMHO much easier than using CFS3editor.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    [

In the future you might consider the use of G-Max to set up your facilties files. IMHO much easier than using CFS3editor.

Bob

Bob,
    I saw your suggestion about using gmax and, not ever using it, I thought of giving it a try. After downloading it, when I clicked to RUN the installation, FRAPS started to be installed. I repeated this a number of times and quit and pondered awhile and then searched the web and found similar
    instances of people trying to run the gmax installation but others programs were attempted to be installed and all these people were using Windows 7 64 bit, same as me.
    Okay, I think I know the solution before coming here to these friendly people with a question
    so I started up my XP PC and downloaded gmax and ran gmax and gmax was installed.
    Amazing!. . . . . and a thank you for the gmax suggestion.