A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 34
Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2426272829303132333435363738394041424484 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Modelr,

I will include a brighter white nite lighting if we can find one that works for you. You can of course add some VCLight to your lighting section as shown here.

Can you read this setup okay?
    That VC lighting looks much better on my PC.Excellent!

HorusJ

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Looks mostly dusty! Question on gear retract videos, do all the wheels come up at once or some before others?

T
    Ran both videos and it looks like starboard main leads by 1 sec. and time for each is the same at about 7 secs.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Willy, I got your tri-color covered once the paintkit is released. My favorite all time 40's Navy color scheme. :mixedsmi:
    Also is my favorite. Thanks, Duckie! :salute:

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    That VC lighting looks much better on my PC.Excellent!

HorusJ
    I will include 4 variants in the package (white, brighter white, red, and green), plus instructions for how to change them to your liking.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

NICE! i'm kinda unique.... i use a tweaked ENB bloom mod which gives an NVG effect, freaks buddies out when i fly at night with them andf the labels are turned off.... a case of "Where are you Matt?".... queue me "look right i'll hit my lights" and i'm right there alongside....

but it's nice to have some variation.... gives users more choice....:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Modelr,

I will include a brighter white nite lighting if we can find one that works for you. You can of course add some VCLight to your lighting section as shown here.

Can you read this setup okay?
    That looks great, Milton.

This TV/Monitor has a brighter white, but seems to have trouble with "dimmer" pics. May just be my settings, but the second set looked great.

Thanks
    Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Rob

Thanks

Forwarded a new FD to Milton, without a lot of gauge work it is hard to make the gear start retracting at different times, but as we did on the Eh26 we can have different retract times, which mostly gives the same visual effect.

Cheers. Tom

Depending on how the plumbing is configured the gear retraction and extension will vary a little from one airframe to the next. If one component or another on one side moves a bit harder than the same component on the other side the hydraulic pressure being equal on both will make that side move a little slower.
    In the Constellation undercarriage that I studied closely during our development Lockheed made changes throughout the series to balance that to some extent. But looking at various vids there still is some difference airframe to airframe.

Do we have the actual plumbing layout for the PV2 somewhere ?? Absent that I would assume that the factory tried to make the mains retract as evenly as possible and what little difference there might be in a video is due to individual parts on that particular airframe.

Cheers
    Stefan

It's not a big deal. I have adjusted the animations for the port side gear to start about a half-second after the starboard side.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Original cockpit lighting explanation from Taigh Ramey:

"Originally the instruments had radium faces (with munsel green alternating markings) that were illuminated with ultra violet cockpit lighting. There were cockpits lights at the top of the pilots and copilots forward side of the sliding side glass with controls on the pilots side electrical panel."
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Explanation of original factory delivered Harpoon timings on gear and flaps:

"The gear time varies with pump displacement so it can be different for each aircraft. The extension will be quicker since gravity helps. I expect 15 seconds for retract and 10 seconds for extension with both engines running.
    About 15 seconds for both flap extension and retraction."

We will make adjustments to timing as necessary.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    This thing's going to be epic for sure!

Love the videos posted above of the Attu Warrior, what a beautiful aircraft.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Love following this thread even though I am a P3D user. Looking forward to getting my little pinkies on it when it is ready.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Love following this thread even though I am a P3D user. Looking forward to getting my little pinkies on it when it is ready.

I appreciate your interest Sir. When I prepare the next "pre-beta" (alpha test), I'll send you a copy to test in P3D.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, status update:

1) FM: Fliger seems to have the FM dialed in really well. This may be his best effort yet! Lights and effects need to be assessed and finalized.

2) Sounds: Nigel IMO has outdone himself on the latest version of the sounds. They are the most satisfying of any I have experienced in FS for a large radial of this style.

3) Modeling VC: Still have some work yet in the VC to get the ECU sliced up for the levers, mapped and labeled (hopefully with help from Matt), manual hand pump to add, knee panels to be mapped and labeled, and electrical panel door to animate to gain access to this center console floor panel ahead of the fuel switches. VC night lighting to be finalized.

4) Modeling exterior: Add belly guns; "D" model nose to reshape and map for textures.

5) Textures status: Matt's baby to summarize generally. The drop tanks, rockets and turret hardware need to be textured.

6) Panel and Gauges: One panel is close, yet I am in need of a couple of gauges I do not have in my inventory. The search continues for a proper airspeed gauge and flap and landing gear position indicator.

7) Panel 2: Matt's texture-based panel-need to slice it up the 3 panel sections and apply the gauges.

8) 2D Panels: to be done using the VC panels (when done) as a base.

We have corrected the issues reported from testing. Just trying to get some panel work done before the next round of tests.
    I always find this phase of the projects the most difficult to keep focused. Test reports help a lot to correct and finalize. There is just so much to look at and think about. :-)

EDIT: Also curious if anyone has seen a proper working Radio altitude Limit switch and indicator lights setup that might be used
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I have a flap and gear indicator switch that looks like that, but unfortunately I don't have clue where it came from as I've got so many gauges in the folder.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Milton, I have a flap and gear indicator switch that looks like that, but unfortunately I don't have clue where it came from as I've got so many gauges in the folder.
    Willy, I know they exist somewhere, but, I do not want to use any gauges without permissions.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think the flaps and gear indicator thing is a stock CFS gauge, ships with the CFS2 F4U Corsair in fs2002;
    the gauge set is a hangover in fs9

ttfn

Pete

Damn.. Now I know why you guys are building this plane. watching those videos from page 54, WOW! what a beautiful aircraft. I know.. it's about time I get with the program. :redf:
    "May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars" Cheers George!

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    I think the flaps and gear indicator thing is a stock CFS gauge, ships with the CFS2 F4U Corsair in fs2002;
    the gauge set is a hangover in fs9

ttfn

Pete
    Hi Pete, thanks for the heads-up.

I talked with Scott Thomas yesterday who used to do all our gauges. He has the flaps/gear indicating gauge and is looking for the airspeed gauge. If he doesn't have that, he will build it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I was thinking it was a CFS P-47 gauge that was included in the FS9 gauge folder.

If Scott does it, it'll really be good. When I'm re-gauging a panel for my own use, I look at his gauges first.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

A few have asked about belly guns ... now completed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Now have the ECU sliced up for the control levers. Ready for mapping.

The electrical panel and fuel selectors are just bitmaps at this point.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

just wonderful...!! (don-t think i-ve used that yet..)

rgds
    t creed

sorry it's taking a while guys, currently relegated to my FSX Laptop for a few days till i can get back at my desktop.... will keep you posted :salute:

looks nice with the guns down the back, great Job Milton!

Members who have read this thread: 82