A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 54
Page 54 of 112 FirstFirst ... 444464748495051525354555657585960616264104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

I'm with you Dave. Can't wait to get back to complete the Harpoon project. These are looking so fine.

Won't be much longer getting the Republic XP's out the door and we'll be here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

AI Package Uploaded for Harpoons

Just uploaded an AI package for those of you who like to sprinkle these things around airports.

See the details here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=18407

These are lower poly, lower texture size stripped models for light use as AI.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Repaints Dutch and Portuguese AI Harpoon available

Hi there,

Two new repaints for the AI Harpoon are available now here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=18454. They feature PV2's of the Royal Netherlands Navy and the Portuguese Air Force.

Those eight flightsimmers who downloaded the repaints first, may have noticed that in one of the texture folders the turretrail.bmp was missing. Just copy the turretrail.bmp from the other texture folder into the incomplete one and the issue is solved. The mistake has been corrected from download nr. 9 on.

The screenshots below have been made by Sir Milton himself. Many thanks!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Pictures for Michael Vader

... showing mag compass locations.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I guess the best thing about finishing up the Republic Experimentals project is getting back to the Harpoons. I really want to get this completed properly. Still have some VC work to do and some textures and gauges cleanup. This must get done before we get on the Lodestar project full steam.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Great to hear Milt!

Yes, for me too. Investing some time flying to re-familiarize myself with everything and making list of "to-do's".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2023
    Milton:

Can you tell us where the A-20 Havoc fits into the schedule of you and your associates ??

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Milton:

Can you tell us where the A-20 Havoc fits into the schedule of you and your associates ??

Thanks in advance.
    Current work plan:

Complete the Harpoon project.
    Complete the Lodestar Civilian, C-57/C-60, and Ventura modeling/textures mapping
    Begin modeling the A-20G Havoc
    Revisit the F7F-1/2/3/3N to improve exterior mapping and virtual cockpit

Note that all of these projects overlap so progress continues on all fronts while previous projects are completed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Really looking forward to the Lockheeds, although getting checked out in the Jugs is keeping me busy.

Glad to see that the A-20 is not far off. That's a plane I've really wanted to see nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    Really looking forward to the Lockheeds, although getting checked out in the Jugs is keeping me busy.

Glad to see that the A-20 is not far off. That's a plane I've really wanted to see nicely done.
    Thank you pfflyers. I hope we can do them all justice to the extent that keeping them FPS friendly for all will allow. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I just wanted to bring something to your notice. Some Harpoons had diamond tread tires, also so did the Ventura, Lodestar and the A-26 Invader. So I decided to make a diamond tire tread texture for the Harpoon. However when I went to view the texture on the Harpoon in the sim, it looked stretched on part of the tire. Here's a pic...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harpwheels.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	9181

I went to try it on the A-26 as well but it turned out the same. Would it be possible to un-stretch the tire model?

BTW, the cockpit looks great, even if its still a WIP!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Milton, I just wanted to bring something to your notice. Some Harpoons had diamond tread tires, also so did the Ventura, Lodestar and the A-26 Invader. So I decided to make a diamond tire tread texture for the Harpoon. However when I went to view the texture on the Harpoon in the sim, it looked stretched on part of the tire. Here's a pic...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harpwheels.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	9181

I went to try it on the A-26 as well but it turned out the same. Would it be possible to un-stretch the tire model?

BTW, the cockpit looks great, even if its still a WIP!
    MRogers,

When I use a straight grooved tire, I often map it simply as I did with these aircraft mentioned.

For a patterned texture, one must map the tires cylindrically.

I will change the Lodestar/Harpoon/Ventura models when I get back into them but I cannot do anything now for the A26 models and all the variants. There are certainly better textures that could be used to replace the grooved textures I did though. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

can the tire textures from the A-29 Grizzley be adopted to the Lockheeds ?? they were nicely done !!

rgds
    t creed

the XA-38 is what I meant to type...

rgds
    t creed

Quote Originally Posted by t.creed View Post
    can the tire textures from the A-29 Grizzley be adopted to the Lockheeds ?? they were nicely done !!

rgds
    t creed
    Yes of course. I usually go with what the era pictures show but I can be flexible.

If you have some late 40's/early 50's pics showing tire treads, please share a few.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That's absolutely fine Milton about leaving out the A26.
    Regarding pic's, books I have read had photo's of RNZAF PV-1's with the same kind of tread tires as the grizzly's, same for the C-60's during WW2, and the same in the late 40's for the New Zealand National Airways Lodestars, probably at that time in the late 40's there was still a lot of new wartime treaded tires available in stock. Unfortunately I can't scan these pic's at the moment, but I'll try dig up some pics from the net.
    Here's a link to a picture of an RAAF Lodestar...here you can see the tread on the tire. The NZNAC civil Lodestars had tires like that, and same with C-60s
    http://www.adf-serials.com.au/2a67.htm

http://ww2today.com/3rd-may-1943-no-...-daylight-raid <<--click on the Ventura photo to enlarge it, this one is a British RAF MKII Ventura which was different in appearance to the PV-1 but here you can see the treaded tire. Most of the RNZAF PV-1s had tires like that and I would think most US Venturas had the same too

Unfortunately that was all I could dig up from the net. I can't find any pics of wartime PV-2s either. They would have had treaded tires on them in the Pacific theater, like the PV-1s.

I just love the treaded tires on the Grizzly!
    Thanks!
    Mark

Lockheed Harpoon

Hallo Milton,
    as I still are serching for cockpit and interior pictures for the Harpoon I found this interesting site:

http://www.warbirdinformationexchang...8160&start=570

perhaps you still know it.
    If not I hope you can find there somme interesting stuff for you and your team.

Holm- und Rippenbruch

Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Milton,
    as I still are serching for cockpit and interior pictures for the Harpoon I found this interesting site:

http://www.warbirdinformationexchang...8160&start=570

perhaps you still know it.
    If not I hope you can find there somme interesting stuff for you and your team.

Holm- und Rippenbruch

Yours
    Papi
    Thank you Papi. Yes, I am aware of this site and thread; have followed it from the beginning. I am very appreciative of Taigh Ramey's work. He provided many photos for the AT-11 project a few years back from his AT-11 restoration. He has also provided photos and drawings of the Harpoon project to assist in some of my questions regarding the ECU setup. Taigh Ramey is a wonderful and talented man who has earned the respect of many in the business.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

my little Harpoon cockpit work

Hallo Milton

oh you are lucky in America where the people are very "sportive" and like to share their work. It is not assame in germany ! I tried to get some photos and help for a Casa 1.111 (spanish version of the Heinkel He 111) pfff any answer.
    Nevertheless I would like to send you three screenshots to show you where i am with my panel for the Harpoon. I changed the main panel. And hmmm I' m not
    realy glad with it.
    but the radio and radar operators position might perhps be interesting.

Yours
    Papi

Hallo Milton

oh you are lucky in America where the people are very "sportive" and like to share their work. It is not assame in germany ! I tried to get some photos and help for a Casa 1.111 (spanish version of the Heinkel He 111) pfff any answer.
    Nevertheless I would like to send you three screenshots to show you where i am with my panel for the Harpoon. I changed the main panel. And hmmm I' m not
    realy glad with it.
    but the radio and radar operators position might perhps be interesting.

Yours
    Papi
    Papi,

Nice work you have done on the 2D panels and pop up panels. That should work very well for you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Harpoon panel

good morning Milton,

if you want I would send you the panel for test before relase as perhaps you can use something out of it.
    But by mail it would realy be too big, even without the gauges.
    So if you can indicate me a way how to - - - I will send it to you.
    For the moment I work also on the Fw 200 Condor panel and a total rework of it's airfile.
    Other question to you: would the Lodestat also be avaible for FS2004 ?
    That would be very fine !
    I kow you still have a lot of work in the tube; but why not a german aircraft as the He 111 in the variant before it geot the full glazed nose,
    or the spanish variant Casa 1.111 ? or a Me 109 G-12, the two-seater variant?
    For the moment the plane I use most the time for experiancing new scenes or to have a look how is the real weather home in brittany is one of your AI-Harpoons with one of my "light" panels.

yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Yes of course. I usually go with what the era pictures show but I can be flexible.

If you have some late 40's/early 50's pics showing tire treads, please share a few.
    I found a couple of online discussions that ranged from "they used whatever was in the parts stores" to a couple that discussed tires being spec'd for field conditions/geography/surfaces.
    One of the latter is here: http://forum.armyairforces.com/Tire-...gn-m90892.aspx
    Although small, a couple of the attached images may be helpful.

It does seem likely that, once in the theater, tires may have been replaced with whatever was 'on hand' as there are numerous pictures of a/c with more than one tread pattern installed.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

good morning Milton,

if you want I would send you the panel for test before relase as perhaps you can use something out of it.
    But by mail it would realy be too big, even without the gauges.
    So if you can indicate me a way how to - - - I will send it to you.
    For the moment I work also on the Fw 200 Condor panel and a total rework of it's airfile.
    Other question to you: would the Lodestat also be avaible for FS2004 ?
    That would be very fine !
    I kow you still have a lot of work in the tube; but why not a german aircraft as the He 111 in the variant before it geot the full glazed nose,
    or the spanish variant Casa 1.111 ? or a Me 109 G-12, the two-seater variant?
    For the moment the plane I use most the time for experiancing new scenes or to have a look how is the real weather home in brittany is one of your AI-Harpoons with one of my "light" panels.

yours
    Papi
    Papi,

Thank you Papi for the offer but I intend to model these areas and make the 2D panel views from the 3D VC views.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    I found a couple of online discussions that ranged from "they used whatever was in the parts stores" to a couple that discussed tires being spec'd for field conditions/geography/surfaces.
    One of the latter is here: http://forum.armyairforces.com/Tire-...gn-m90892.aspx
    Although small, a couple of the attached images may be helpful.

It does seem likely that, once in the theater, tires may have been replaced with whatever was 'on hand' as there are numerous pictures of a/c with more than one tread pattern installed.
    Thanks for the research. I do have a diamond pattern shared by Manfred Jahn as used on the Grizzly but not the pattern shown here. Maybe a good enough picture will be unearthed that will allow a portion of the pattern to be used to make a template for an alternate tread pattern.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here