A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 55
Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 545474849505152535455565758596061626365105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

So, does anyone have a source for this tire tread pattern.

If not maybe Nigel can come up with some magic here. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I think I have completed the modeling now for the interior and VC so now on to mapping for textures.

Meanwhile Nigel is hard at new exterior detailing; a site to see I assure you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2016
    That is simply beautiful - I love the WIP version you've posted - can't wait to see the final product!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    So, does anyone have a source for this tire tread pattern.

If not maybe Nigel can come up with some magic here. :-)

Milton, What would you need for at texture, angles views, head-on, side? I can make a texture for this if a suitable photo cant be found.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Milton, What would you need for at texture, angles views, head-on, side? I can make a texture for this if a suitable photo cant be found.
    Duckie,

Great job on the new tire tread pattern texture.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous detail, inside and out. Absolutely incredible work by some of the great FS Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Gorgeous detail, inside and out. Absolutely incredible work by some of the great FS Masters.
    We are making progress and banging up against the poly limits and I keep looking for ways to save polys to make it all work. :-)

I tried to match the radio/radar equipment the best I could in each of the stations to the extent that poly limits allowed. Once Nigel does his magic inside, I think it will be just fine.

Meanwhile, Nigel is doing extra duty outside laying a new foundation for all the paint schemes. We are excited about bringing this up a level or so. :-)

Thanks to Duckie again for the tire tread texture work. After a few iterations, I think he is happy with the appearance in the sim.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking forward to seeing Merlin work his magic on the King's steed!!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Wow!
    Awesome work, guys!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Wow, the tire tread looks great! A slightly different tread pattern to the diamond pattern, but it looks great nonetheless.

Fantastic, awesome, incredible, inside and out, looks so beautifully textured and modelled.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Wow, the tire tread looks great! A slightly different tread pattern to the diamond pattern, but it looks great nonetheless.

Fantastic, awesome, incredible, inside and out, looks so beautifully textured and modelled.
    Well, we do intend to provide options. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Merlin work his magic on the King's steed!!
    Nice work on those new tyres, Duckie -- they look very realistic and definitely add to the overall realism of the visual model. Now that Milton has a new set of rubber on the Harpoon/Ventura... maybe he'll quit stealin' them offa my trusty ol' A-38 Grizzly... (just kidding), lol!!!

I have flown many enjoyable hours in the original WIP that was released a while back. It'll be nice to see this one transform into a real beauty, like the Republic Experimentals did.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Nice work on those new tyres, Duckie -- they look very realistic and definitely add to the overall realism of the visual model. Now that Milton has a new set of rubber on the Harpoon/Ventura... maybe he'll quit stealin' them offa my trusty ol' A-38 Grizzly... (just kidding), lol!!!

I have flown many enjoyable hours in the original WIP that was released a while back. It'll be nice to see this one transform into a real beauty, like the Republic Experimentals did.

BB686
    Thanks BB686. We are pretty much redoing most of the model and paints for this one trying to give you early WIP downloaders something a bit better to fly. Hope it meets expectations. :-)

The knobby tread was a rigged version I put together but Duckie will be doing a proper texture for that. Thank you Sir :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

PV-1 Vega Progress

Got this PV-1 off the shelf and invested this past week in mapping for textures inside/out (about 900 parts excluding munitions and pilots).
    Got just a few more things to map and she will be ready for the paint shop.

Trying to decide if I should drop the co-pilot completely (like all Vegas were delivered) so I can make poly room for the Radio, Navigator, and Radar operators' stations.
    Is that even a hard decision to make? :-)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have also begun the mapping prep work for the Lockheed Lodestar L-18.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; July 26th, 2014 at 18:20.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice work!!! Really looking forward to the Lodestar too!

The PV-1 looks great Milton! Also thanks for the diamond tread tires, they look great too. A thought- were there static wicks on the trailing edge of the wings/ailerons/control surfaces of the Lockheeds? If so could they be modelled?
    I don't mind if you drop the co-pilot, most PV-1s had only one pilot. There was a fold away spare seat on the right hand side of the cockpit though for sitting alongside the pilot.
    Mark

You are killing me Milton. So we have a updated PV-2 on the way, a Lodestar and now the Ventura. Going to be giving the Pacific and Aleutians a workout soon.

One excited lad here!

The PV-1 looks great Milton! Also thanks for the diamond tread tires, they look great too. A thought- were there static wicks on the trailing edge of the wings/ailerons/control surfaces of the Lockheeds? If so could they be modelled?
    I don't mind if you drop the co-pilot, most PV-1s had only one pilot. There was a fold away spare seat on the right hand side of the cockpit though for sitting alongside the pilot.
    Happy to add the knobbies and diamond shaped tire tread. Also have the fold-a-way seat covered for the Vega. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    You are killing me Milton. So we have a updated PV-2 on the way, a Lodestar and now the Ventura. Going to be giving the Pacific and Aleutians a workout soon.

One excited lad here!
    Well, yes, an updated PV-2 with lots of interior accommodations for radar, nav, and radio positions, plus the Vega, plus the Lodestar civvies, plus the C-57/C-60 military transports.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think I'm going to blow a gasket!
    Really looking forward to all these Lockheeds!

Drop the co-pilot Milt.
    Most PV1's didn't use them operationally.
    The Kiwi's didn't, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Drop the co-pilot Milt.
    Most PV1's didn't use them operationally.
    The Kiwi's didn't, anyway.
    Yes, I will; I must to add the nav/radio/radar stations. The USA used the them but that's all as far as I know.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, here is a link to some Ventura photos; click on the "download hi res" links and you'll get blow-up pics of the aircraft. You can then click on them to magnify them even bigger. Thought it might be useful for you to see more details in these large pics like the props, oil flaps, landing flaps etc if it's any help. One of them is a cockpit photo.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...et.asp?id=2536
    Mark

Milton, here is a link to some Ventura photos; click on the "download hi res" links and you'll get blow-up pics of the aircraft. You can then click on them to magnify them even bigger. Thought it might be useful for you to see more details in these large pics like the props, oil flaps, landing flaps etc if it's any help. One of them is a cockpit photo.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...et.asp?id=2536
    Thanks MR; I have had all these pics for quite a while now used as reference. The Vega exterior model is now completed and the interior model is almost completed. I also have pdf manuals for reference. Just trying to get the internal details done before shipping her off to the paint shop. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I think I have completed the modeling now for the interior and VC so now on to mapping for textures.

Meanwhile Nigel is hard at new exterior detailing; a site to see I assure you.
    Nigel's natural metal textures are jaw dropping!! Whether it's the Avia 57, the Xp-47... or now this....without a doubt the best I have EVER seen!!!!

Again, I have to say it... Nigel....you sir... are one of the Great Masters!

cheers
    Dave