A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 107
Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7579799100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Also make a nice private livery (PW engines) with the airline lettering taken off.

And . .

Interestingly enough, I've got a better photo of that same aircraft that's not faded out. srgalahad hooked me up with some links to pics of private Lodestars and this one and the better one were included. There were several ones in there I'm hoping to do. Some are actually Learstars, but they were once Lodestars so they count.

That white & green one didn't show up for me until after I'd posted. That could have possibilities as well. That paint scheme is simple enough.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I was just thinking, it's a shame that we lost Damian "Windrunner" Radice. He'd have a field day with the Lodestars. He was one of the best painters around and an overall nice guy.

Hi,
    I thought I'd found a 'Continental' texture from Wayne Tudor for the Lodestar on a site by 'andre19' from here, but it had gone when I got there ! That was recent as well -Milton and Team's Lodestar-, so I don't know what happened at all. Anyway, whatever comes along is brilliant.
    Thanks to everyone involved
    Andy.

I've got the Continental paint by Wayne Tudor and think I found it at FlightSim. I search "Lodestar" there and see what comes up. I'm pretty sure I didn't get it from AvSim as I haven't been able to log on there to access their library in quite a while.

Doing some housecleaning in the Lockheed Paint Shop folder this morning. Amazing how quickly things can get cluttered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I was just thinking, it's a shame that we lost Damian "Windrunner" Radice. He'd have a field day with the Lodestars. He was one of the best painters around and an overall nice guy.
    I miss Damian! I learned some things from him, and he said he learned a few things from me, though I think he was just being gracious. As you say, he was a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    Do you have a registration number or a clearer picture of the bare metal lodestar?
    Yes! It's a C-60 n°2609! It was the General De Gaulle's aircraft with another in olive!

http://raymondpierre.perso.neuf.fr/r...rre/felix.html

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Interestingly enough, I've got a better photo of that same aircraft that's not faded out. srgalahad hooked me up with some links to pics of private Lodestars and this one and the better one were included. There were several ones in there I'm hoping to do. Some are actually Learstars, but they were once Lodestars so they count.

That white & green one didn't show up for me until after I'd posted. That could have possibilities as well. That paint scheme is simple enough.
    N6166(NC6166) is still registered and privately owned. If anyone can devine the logo on the rear fuselage it would be a help.
    CF-EAE (s/n 2291) was registered to Execair Ltd (it may have been owned by Eaton's Canada (a department store) - to be confirmed.

Willy's got a long list to work through (and I got my new Wacom tabled so I may get my fingers dirty with paint over the winter). Sadly, few good pics were ever taken or posted of corporate birds as I guess they didn't get the historical interest of the airliners and military.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Here's another one I'd put on the list but the photo is poor and there are no details:

"In 1957, the first fire jump for the California Smokejumpers was made out of a Lockheed Lodestar."
    http://gacc.nifc.gov/oncc/logistics/.../aircraft.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aircraft_clip_image001.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    I thought I'd found a 'Continental' texture from Wayne Tudor for the Lodestar on a site by 'andre19' from here, but it had gone when I got there ! That was recent as well -Milton and Team's Lodestar-, so I don't know what happened at all. Anyway, whatever comes along is brilliant.
    Thanks to everyone involved
    Andy.
    Wayne and I were communicating a lot and he asked me to put a pre-paintkit release on my web page, which I did. Once Firekitten released her paintkit we worked together to transfer the Continental textures over. I removed the old version from my website as I was expecting Wayne to publish his finished paint, but sadly he passed before he did so. I'll send his Continental textures to the SOH library on his behalf if nobody has a problem if I do so?

Andre
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Hi,
    That would be good, but only if it won't cause a problem for anyone. I almost thought I'd dreamt it anyway

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    ... I'll send his Continental textures to the SOH library on his behalf if nobody has a problem if I do so?

Andre
    I didn't know Wayne and naturally I couldn't speak for him even if I did, but I can say that if I went west and someone had a copy of an unreleased skin I'd painted, I hope they would upload it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I didn't know Wayne and naturally I couldn't speak for him even if I did, but I can say that if I went west and someone had a copy of an unreleased skin I'd painted, I hope they would upload it for me.
    That is exactly what I was thinking, Mick.

Mind you, as far as I understood from Wayne a few months ago when we exchanged emails, he had stopped painting but he made an exception for the Lodestar. Actually he was very pleased when I hinted him that Firekitten's paint kit had been released.

Cheers,
    Maarten

PV-1 Vega Ventura Updated v1.1 - Hosed

Folks, I totally blew that pv1fs9.zip v1.1 upload (it was the original v1.0 version).

Thanks to mrogers and Firekitten, it was caught and is now corrected.

If you wish to download the corrected v1.1, go here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0484&catid=205
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Folks, I totally blew that pv1fs9.zip v1.1 upload (it was the original v1.0 version).

Thanks to mrogers and Firekitten, it was caught and is now corrected.

If you wish to download the corrected v1.1, go here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0484&catid=205
    Milton,

What a relief! It proves that you're human! (as if I didn't know that already, LOL!)

Thank you so much for the updated PV-1. Downloading right now.

Best regards,
    Maarten

Is there an FSX 1.1 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    Is there an FSX 1.1 version?
    Yes, it was uploaded/updated 3-4 days ago and that upload was correct. It was the FS9 update that was incorrect.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...20485&catid=37
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just uploaded L18 Canadian Pacific Airlines CF-CPF to the library here. All the pictures I could find were black and white, so the colors are my best guess based upon the CPA logo at the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2015-nov-20-001.jpg   Flt 19-2015-nov-20-002.jpg   Flt 19-2015-nov-20-003.jpg   Flt 19-2015-nov-20-004.jpg  

Hi,
    Thank you Willy and also to you, andre19, for these 2 texture sets.

The Team Milton Lodestar is a real beauty and the paints you are providing really make such a fantastic difference to our virtual skies. .

Andy.

I've had a question about the deflector glass on the Lodestar and PV-1 (v1.1). Do you feel the darkness of the deflector glass (looking through 2 thicknesses of glass) is improper, or a distraction, or unrealistic?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I've had a question about the deflector glass on the Lodestar and PV-1 (v1.1). Do you feel the darkness of the deflector glass (looking through 2 thicknesses of glass) is improper, or a distraction, or unrealistic?
    To be honest, it really doesn't bother me like it is.

I am glad you brought this up Milton. When I first saw the cockpit glass I thought it was a glitch or something but I checked photos of the area and realised they were air stream deflecters of some sort. My vote would be to make them visible on the external model but not on the interior if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor2112 View Post
    I am glad you brought this up Milton. When I first saw the cockpit glass I thought it was a glitch or something but I checked photos of the area and realized they were air stream deflectors of some sort. My vote would be to make them visible on the external model but not on the interior if possible.
    They are visible on the exterior models. They were added to the PV-1 models in update v1.1. I had left them off as an oversight in v1.0.

I can remap them to a different glass texture to lighten them up for the PV-1 but not for the Lodestar many model variants.

Alternatively, you can lighten the glass material color but keep in mind that will also lighten all other glass windows.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    I like it as it is....it's just a little bit different from all(?) other airplanes we have, which have only the windscreen.

As is, Milton, doesn't bother me a bit.... when I first saw this from the inside I gathered it was the deflector glass on the outside, from photos I had seen. I did notice that it was missing on the external model of the PV-1. (Before version 1.1). Sorry I didn't catch this beforehand.....

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

It really doesn't bother me as it is, but I have no clue what it's supposed to look like in real life. Also, sorry for not noticing the missing deflectors on the PV-1, I think it slipped past most of us.