A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 72
Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2262646566676869707172737475767778798082 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

C-57 C60A Model Updates

The Lodestars have some updates here including:

1) mapping of the exhaust headers to the winginner.bmp for better texturing possibilities
    2) add military pilots to the c60a (for now-c57 later)
    3) add passenger seats to the c57 VIP transport
    4) corrected tailwheel mapping for the c60a wright engines to use the wright left engine map instead of the PW
    5) corrected yoke parts visibility issue

Attachment contains two model replacement folders and one 2048 winginner.bmp.

Note: the winginner.bmp allows textures on the underside of the wing behind the flaps and inside of the wing where flaps are stowed
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I need to break out the C60A textures from the C-57 due to mounting differences.

This link is for a new texture folder for the C-60A.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...xture.c60a.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

L-18 getting her clothes!

Woooohooooo! Thank you Firekitten
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That's very good Firekitten

Meanwhile my L18 VC is almost finished and i should have them wrapped up before the end of the week. I'll post some screenies soon. A lot of progress has been made and it looks a lot more advanced than the previous WIP screenies that I posted earlier. I'm heading abroad on Friday so I want to get this done by then.
    Mark

Rachael, Mark,

I'm in total awe about all the beautiful, great work your doing. Absolutely amazing.
    Milton & team's (incl. the two of you of course) deserve such dedication.
    Most of all your combined work deserve our appreciation.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Thanks Maarten,, just trying to lend Milton a hand while he's down on people. Not the best at what I do, but i do try.

PS, Good Time Gal is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Rachael, Mark,

I'm in total awe about all the beautiful, great work your doing. Absolutely amazing.
    Milton & team's (incl. the two of you of course) deserve such dedication.
    Most of all your combined work deserve our appreciation.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Hello,
    here is the version I chose is what you find attractive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-7-27_18-32-59-772.jpg   2015-7-27_18-47-11-94.jpg   Lodestar L18.jpg   cabin.jpg   cockpit.jpg  

Oh Man! Loving all these great schemes coming at us. Thank you Rachael and Ferondoe.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Dayum Ferondoe.... that bird is sexy! makes mine look rather bland!

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Dayum Ferondoe.... that bird is sexy! makes mine look rather bland!
    Bland? No way! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Hello,
    here is the version I chose is what you find attractive
    Beautiful work, Ferondoe!

Firekitten, I love your work on this one. The colors look perfect!

Ferondoe, always loved that livery; very colorful; looks awesome.

I am uploading model and texture updates that affects prop blades, exhaust headers, and other miscellanea.

In the previous upload, I had broken out the c60a texture folders due to model and texture sharing differences.

This upload replaces the 4 model folders and updates two textures for each, and ensures you have the right pilot textures for the C60A.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...dates72815.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

I am uploading model and texture updates that affects prop blades, exhaust headers, and other miscellanea.

In the previous upload, I had broken out the c60a texture folders due to model and texture sharing differences.

This upload replaces the 4 model folders and updates two textures for each, and ensures you have the right pilot textures for the C60A.

Thank you I get milton
    Regards
    Marty

Thank you Milton, Marteen and Firekitten for yours support.
    I get it
    Regards
    Marty

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I have been following this thread since it began as I love the Lockheeds. Unfortunately I now only fly in P3D V2.5 and these do not work well.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have been following this thread since it began as I love the Lockheeds. Unfortunately I now only fly in P3D V2.5 and these do not work well.
    No they will not work well in P3D 2.4 or 2.5. That's a whole new ballgame and something LM needed to do to move forward. i.e. cut the link to past incompatibilities and focus on the future.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nearly finished now. One "generic" WWII era PV-2D Harpoon in period Navy Tri Color camo. Got a little touching up to do in a couple of areas (won't happen tonight) and then package it up. Then I can use this to get on to the one I've been wanting to do from the start. But I'll save this generic one separate and upload it in case someone wants to use it as a basis to make their own personal Harpoon. I'm doing both a 32 bit FS9 version and a .dds one for FSX. The screenshots are the 32 bit in FSX. And I've changed more than just the fuselage. (hint, Navy aircraft didn't have AAF air crew)

The problem with Navy aircraft is the Navy wasn't much on personalizing aircraft like the AAF was. So other than unit markings, they're all pretty much "cookie cutter" paints. Thus the generic version to which the unit markings can be added. But there's just something about the WWII tri color camo that I've always liked. Late in the war, carrier combat aircraft went to the all over dark sea blue. But the land based patrol bombers kept the tri color until after the war had ended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-jul-29-001.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jul-29-002.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jul-29-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jul-29-004.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jul-29-005.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

there's just something about the WWII tri color camo that I've always liked.
    I certainly second that Willy and you have done a great job on this paint for the Harpoon. Also like your Merc Air-like cargo version.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

All done now and will be uploaded shortly.
    Unfortunately I didn't have time to put some text on the overhead panel for the switches, the tooltips will have to do :-) It still looks good without the text anyway.
    I'm heading abroad on Friday and will be away for 2 months so I wanted to get this done and be available for all to use.
    Also I made a new interior for the baggage compartment in the nose and belly, and this is included with the VC and cabin textures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lodestar VC 1.jpg   lodestar VC 2.jpg   lodestar VC 3.jpg   lodestar cabin 1.jpg   lodestar cabin 2.jpg  
    Mark

Here are my panel BMP files, gauge bezzels, panel screws etc, all added in and annotated the switches on the overhead in case anyone wants to use them?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...arpanelbmp.zip

MrRodgers: that is a gorgeous interior, I was going to start on a Civvy one, but that one is perfect! Looks like the L-18s have an interior! (and might I have permission to use that cabin in my C5-7 executive transport textures?)

I've hit a bit of a brick wall with the SOH upload, it says my zipfile is too big even though it's only 2.99mb! Tried 3x reducing it but nada. I'd rather not compress the textures as it would ruin them.

FireKitten, thanks, yes they do have an interior! You're welcome to use them with my permission.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Here are my panel BMP files, gauge bezzels, panel screws etc, all added in and annotated the switches on the overhead in case anyone wants to use them?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...arpanelbmp.zip

MrRodgers: that is a gorgeous interior, I was going to start on a Civvy one, but that one is perfect! Looks like the L-18s have an interior! (and might I have permission to use that cabin in my C5-7 executive transport textures?)
    Willy, Mark, Rachael, Wowsers! All excellent work; very impressive. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    I've hit a bit of a brick wall with the SOH upload, it says my zipfile is too big even though it's only 2.99mb! Tried 3x reducing it but nada. I'd rather not compress the textures as it would ruin them.

FireKitten, thanks, yes they do have an interior! You're welcome to use them with my permission.
    Try contacting Rami. He should be able to help.

Willy, Mark, Rachael, Wowsers! All excellent work; very impressive. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Thanks Milton, but I'm not done yet. I've got some more civil paints floating around in my pea brain. I haven't forgotten the earlier civil one that I haven't released yet. I'm just not satisfied with the engine cowling textures I did, so I put it on the back burner until I can get a better idea. And I think I might have one going. Once I get this one finished (should be today, but who knows when painting), I'll move it to the front of the stove.

IMHO, two of the best paints I've done up to now were for the CalClassic C-46. A pair of fictional ones for Western Air Lines and Santa Fe Airways (there was a '50s Southern Airways that I thought was almost as good as those two). I've been getting an itch to see if I can get those schemes to fit a Lockheed Twin and as I'm starting to get comfortable with Harpoons. Although they might be better on Lodestars as I still want to do that TWA one that I started as an AI version.

And Howard Aero did a Harpoon conversion. That would be another nice one to have. So many paints, so little time.....