NVIDIA INSPECTOR and FSX

Thread: NVIDIA INSPECTOR and FSX

NVIDIA INSPECTOR and FSX

From what I have read nvidia inspector is used with FSX. But from my understanding its similar to the nvidia control panel and a OC utility like msi afterburner.Which the new drivers FSX stutters in regular mode but don't in DX10 mode.Problem with running it in DX10 is half the aircraft don't have textures and the runways flicker.

So I suppose what I'm asking is how would nvidia inspector help/fix this issue.

first off, what version of drivers? I don't have the latest (185.xx) and I have no trouble using the nVidia control panel for changing FSX settings.

I don't do DX 10. I don't know many developers who go to that extent anyway.

Yep, same here. . .I found DX10 to be mostly hype and very little substance. Also, over 2/3rds of the airplanes I fly in FSX are FS9 portovers which would be unflyable in DX10 because of the texture issue. As far as I know (and have read), the lack of textures for some airplanes in DX10 can only be cured by turning off DX10 preview and never going back to it, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I have the latest driver 290.xx.The last good driver I used for FSx was 270.61.out would not run BC2 and BF3 and a few others.From my research many are having issues with nvidia drivers and FSX.Seems to be with the 400 and 500 series cards but not only.From the nvidia forms ,their not doing much to fix FAX.So I stumbled across this thread about nvidia inspector and FSX.

Crazy part is FSX runs as smooth as glass in DX10 preview.But many aircraft and add ons and a flashing runway are just keeping me from sticking with DX10.Its a driver problem I just would like to know what part of the driver.

If there is no fix soon I suppose I will have to sell my EVGA 470 and go with a ATI card.Not heard any problems with their drivers.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhan...opic36586.html

I have the 285.62 drivers on a 460GTX and have applied the above posted instruction on the use of Nvidia inspector by Nick Needham (I always trust what Nick says). These settings control mainly Antialising and Anisotropic filtering much better than from within FSX. It cures a lot of the shimmering of autogen trees and smooths out the jaggies. I do not experience any stuttering compared to older drivers. I would suggest you follow these instructions.
    I think I've read that the reason FSX DX10 is smoother is because it is limited internally by FSX to low numbers of AA and AF that can not be increased through drivers. You get better FPS but jaggier images and shimmering. This is not connected to the taxiway flashing which is another issue.

Switching between DX10 and DX9 can mess up the shader cache. Had that before. Results are opaque alpha textures, missing sky textures, or plain CTDs.

If you make a parameter change in NVidia inspector and press "apply changes", do you have to restart FSX or should it display right away? I sometimes have the feeling that a change which should have a visible effect does not show up as expected.

Cheers,
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Switching between DX10 and DX9 can mess up the shader cache. Had that before. Results are opaque alpha textures, missing sky textures, or plain CTDs.

If you make a parameter change in NVidia inspector and press "apply changes", do you have to restart FSX or should it display right away? I sometimes have the feeling that a change which should have a visible effect does not show up as expected.

Cheers,
    Mark

Nick insists that it isn't necessary to press "apply changes" but when I change parameters on the TechCorp computers I always use it and when I first start each new game we test.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I thought I would pass this by you all for futher comments. I did more changes in nvidia conrol panel to fix the issue.I checked FPS in both DX10 and DX9,and both are about the same around 60FPS.I even turned down the frame rate slider from max .It seems its a DX problem in the drivers and FSX.I asked tech support at nvidia about it and thier reply was that the game developer needed to fix the game.

So heres my question. Is there a way to run 2 diffrent drivers withouy installing uninstalling them or some way else to do this.

Update here.

I was talking to some good folks over at the EVGA forums about a dual driver setup.It seems that won't work,but gave me another suggestion.A dual boot OS.Either 2 HDs or 2 partitions.

So any thought on this? Say a HD for FSX and one for other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Nick insists that it isn't necessary to press "apply changes" but when I change parameters on the TechCorp computers I always use it and when I first start each new game we test.
    In my experience with Nvidia Inspector a restart of FsX is required for any changes to be realised. Also I have found that if I don't "Apply changes" then they do not take effect.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine