Piper PA-12 "Super Cruiser" Released (freeware)

Thread: Piper PA-12 "Super Cruiser" Released (freeware)

Piper PA-12 "Super Cruiser" Released (freeware)

I just uploaded my model of the Piper PA-12 "Super Cruiser" to flightsim and simviation; should be available tomorrow.
    The PA-12 was manufactured by Piper from 1946 to 1948. It was originally designated the J-5C but called the PA-12 after Piper changed it's nomenclature scheme. It was unique in that it held 3 people in a triangle arrangement. The pilot sat alone in front of the 2 passengers which were seated side by side. It was flown solo from the front seat.
    This is a native FSX Acceleration version of the Super Cruiser. Both the exterior and interior model were created from Paul Matt's fantastic drawings. It has DXT5.dds textures and a bit of a specular shine. The windows have reflections. I made the cockpit like the factory delivery looks of 1946 which is somewhat plain. The VC has working gauges and animated flight controls. The gauges are all default except the tank selector but I repackaged them into one .cab file for convenience. The flight dynamics are loosely based on the default Piper J-3. This gives it a nose down attitude at cruise. I first thought this was not accurate and modified it only to find that it had a nose down attitude in real life. (At least the PA-12 at Chino airport does). The sound file was created by Don Putman and was for a Cessna 150. I have developed this model as far as necessary for my pleasure. Hopefully, others will also enjoy it as is.

Best, Paul

Attachment 52035Attachment 52034Attachment 52033Attachment 52032

Looks great Paul, Thanks! Will be downloading this one for sure when it's available.

Looks very nice.. definately lookin out for it in the am.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Great work,Paul!
    Thank you very much!
    Michael

Thank you Paul. I have to investigate

edit; This is very nice. Great job!!

Lots of "12's" in Alaska with flaps, Cub tail feathers and an O320 engine. Faster than the Cub - must be the fatter fuselage.

Thanks Paul:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

PA12 Piper Super Cruiser

Down Loaded the aircraft though I choose the aircraft it will open showing panel then immediately your outside the aircraft and crashes. Say's overstress when it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobr2 View Post
    Down Loaded the aircraft though I choose the aircraft it will open showing panel then immediately your outside the aircraft and crashes. Say's overstress when it crashes.
    Anybody else have this problem? It doesn't do that on my system and this model was designed with crash detection specifically turned off in the design program. ( I am running FSX Acceleration)

Best, Paul

No problems here. Try loading the aircraft at a different airport? Maybe it has to do with the realism settings?

Very Nice Putput...

Thank you Again Sir

I just have to say thank you, Paul! I finally set asside some time to enjoy a nice flight in your latest production. The "Super Cruiser" is a great looking aircraft, with very nice lines to it.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

SOH-CM-2024
    I had the same problem- I looked in aircraft.cfg and saw that all of the g-force limits(in the airplane_geometry section) were zero. I threw some values in and the problem went away.
    Nonetheless- nice job!

Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    I had the same problem- I looked in aircraft.cfg and saw that all of the g-force limits(in the airplane_geometry section) were zero. I threw some values in and the problem went away.
    Nonetheless- nice job!

Mike Z.
    MIke, Thanks for reminding me about that. It is never a problem on my system so I never look to see if those entries have any values. Here are the values from the default Cub which should work just fine with the PA-12 if one does have the crash problem.

positive_g_limit_flaps_up = 4.0 //Design G load tolerance (positive, flaps up)
    positive_g_limit_flaps_down= 2.0 //Design G load tolerance (positive, flaps down)
    negative_g_limit_flaps_up = -1.5 //Design G load tolerance (negative, flaps up)
    negative_g_limit_flaps_down= -1.5 //Design G load tolerance (negative, flaps down)
    load_safety_factor = 1.5 //Design G load safety factor

Best, Paul

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    You sir are a machine! Will download tomorrow when I get home. Thanks again Paul!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Thanks Sooooooooooooooooo Much !

I have always loved the "Cubs" and Thanks Paul for this one.
    Crash in Kansas

A beautiful aircraft Paul, Thanks!

Thanks Paul
    Really beautiful and .... not at all expensive
    Italo