Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 47
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37394041424344454647484950515253545557 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1437

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

Model and textures... simply stunning.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gentlemen - I'm grounded!

PeteHam, Sunny9850, Duckie, Hurricane91, Oldpropfan, Stuartcox, Matt Wynn, Jagdflieger:
    Its thanks to all your kind encouragement we've got this far.

Office work has been piling up, but I'm glad to say it's well under way...

The first thing to do was isolate specific areas:

:Attachment 74997

Then just take things from there:

Attachment 74998 Attachment 74999 Attachment 75000

and when you need a break - get cracking with fabrics

Attachment 75001 Attachment 75002 Attachment 75003
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    ...and when you need a break - get cracking with fabrics...
    ...and I must say, very tastefully done Nigel. The front office looks cozy and functional. Well done sir!
    You must be very close to final delivery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    ...and I must say, very tastefully done Nigel. The front office looks cozy and functional. Well done sir!
    You must be very close to final delivery.
    Thanks Hurricane91.:salute:

Home straight I'd say - interior work's both interesting and rewarding.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Well....that's it.

Upholstry like that means no eating, drinking, or smoking in the cabin. If my wife sees it, you know all that beautiful artistry will be covered in clear plastic.

Sorry, Nigel....it's what she does.

That is an impressive plane with it's performance specs that seems to be comparable with todays planes. Wish they still made the real thing so that we could see them passing through the skies today, that would be neet as all get out.

Excellent paint jobs Nigel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Well....that's it.

Upholstry like that means no eating, drinking, or smoking in the cabin. If my wife sees it, you know all that beautiful artistry will be covered in clear plastic.

Sorry, Nigel....it's what she does.
    Ahhh Lol.

Not to worry Magoo, tell your good lady these are self cleaning .

Quote Originally Posted by phantomx1 View Post
    That is an impressive plane with it's performance specs that seems to be comparable with todays planes. Wish they still made the real thing so that we could see them passing through the skies today, that would be neet as all get out.

Excellent paint jobs Nigel.
    Thank you Sir!
    We heartily share your sentiments Phantomx1...
    still, at least Milton's factory is moving them out as fast as they can be snapped up.

Gentlemen: I'll be disappearing down deep for 5 - 6 days - this should be enough for me to wrap things up from my end.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Hi,

All the paints you've done look fantastic Nigel,I can hardly wait to get in it and fly about. It's always the landings that let me down though:isadizzy: so a few scratches will be part of the second flight.

A wonderful job by all of you in the Team.. the A51 Team in fact. I'll get me coat.

Andy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

All the paints you've done look fantastic Nigel,I can hardly wait to get in it and fly about. It's always the landings that let me down though:isadizzy: so a few scratches will be part of the second flight.

A wonderful job by all of you in the Team.. the A51 Team in fact. I'll get me coat.

Andy.
    We thank you kindly Sir.

This one's a real lady when it comes to landings Andy, no rush, very responsive and forgiving.
    But she's no slouch, can turn remarkably tight and is beautifully crisp in all axis right down to the gentle stall.

The remaining goods will be crated over to Milton by Monday Gentlemen.:salute:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Seating arrangements and most interior deco are now over to the Chief for inspection.

Attachment 75400 Attachment 75401

Attachment 75402 Attachment 75403

That leaves us with a little office work to square away today/tomorrow.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries

Office work squared away...fishin'?

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    It's gorgeous Nigel. Nice panel layout too Milton. The cockpit looks professional
    and comfortable. You can add these to the long list of superlatives describing
    the entire Avia series. Thank you both for the many hours of hard work you
    put into the AV 57. The aircraft is stunning, inside and out.

Best regards,
    John

Nicely Done Nigel, fire up the Avia Floater... it's time to go do some Fishin'! kick back, enjoy some Ouzo.... :salute:

Beautiful work!

Blog Entries
    kikas, Hurricane91, Matt Wynn, RobH:

Thankyou all kindly Gentlemen, I hope I have done worthy credit to Milton's awesome product of inspiration.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Gee Nigel... after looking at those pics of the interior cabin, I'm not so sure if I want to fly her, or ride in her now...:isadizzy:

Exquisite work, mate!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I'm not so sure if I want to fly her, or ride in her now...:isadizzy:
    ok you ride i'll fly just a word of advice.... strap yourself in... don't want a buddy being flung from side to side now do i?

No throwing up on Nigel's upholstry.

i won't... not sure about BB while i'm at the controls....

Blog Entries

Oh Magoo, you've done it again!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Oh Magoo, you've done it again!
    i was waiting for that!

Well, you know....

....there never used to be be any real standards around here.

We'de go for a ride in that old corrigated trimotor, Iron Annie, and the pilot'd get all hinky with the controls. (Hey guys, watch this....!!%&*!!)
    He'd throw it around, we'd float weightless for a moment, and somebody'd always cough up the cookies. We all thought it was all just big squirmie joke, business as usual.

Taildragger set down on the tarmac, somebody'd opened a hose just aft the flightdeck, and the gag would all run down to the tail and out the door held open with a bungie cord. Tail wheel would never fully pivot due to all the sticky stuff that washed down into it's support bearings.

Then we got this new generation of painters and interior designers to fit out these latest planes from Milton. Now it's all black tie and formal when you fly in these things. I'm certain there'll be a string quartet rattling off Mozart when the Avia does it's first official circuit over the town. We'll drop cup cakes and paper angels to the commoners has they look up and wave in wonder. They'll tell us how well our tuxedos go with the new upholstry, how clean shaven we all look, and how nice we smell.

I mean, it's not a bad thing. But there was something about a peeling paint Junkers with duct tape upholstry and air fresheners all over the place that made it easy to deal with passengers eating raw blubber between Inuvik and Dawson Creek. Or pulling a moon out the back door while you buzzed the Seargant's mess at Cold Lake.

Well...those days are gone.....

Now there's a passenger roster that lists members from the Montreal Ladies Morning Musical Club, The faculty department heads from The Chicago School of Fine Arts & Architecture, and some esteemed Diplomats from the local Embassy of the Czek Republic in Washington DCeeeee.....

I know it's a step up in the world, but jeeezzz. This bathing, shaving and deoderant stuff. Darning socks and renting a Captain's hat AND being pleasant to passengers. We're expected to be calm and fly level while the Flight Attendant serves refreshments and meals, and here's something new....a check list.

What the heck it THAT...?

I guess the good news is that we don't have to fly into the log-sort at Chicken, Alaska and handbomb fresh caught Salmon loose into the hold any more......

Final proviso....a memo found stapled to the hanger door...essentially it warns us about the distant unlikelyhood of finding a loose thread anywhere on the freshly loomed and hewn Avia interior upholstery......to resist our typical urge....and NOT PULL THE THREAD.

Instead....forward a memo upwards though the beaurocratic order of the upper management echelons....and poste-haste a smaller, faster Avia with a single Vee Twelve engine shall be dispatched to meet your flight at it's next arrival. The English gauged cockpit and Greek registration will ensure descriptively that you been met by the master arts and craft designer himself....and upon wacking the back of your hand with a small stick, shall immediately repair the new upholstry in the correct manner, thus maintaining our superior investment and appearance, therefore promoting better manners and higher standards throughout the aviation industry.

...Sigh....

...And whatsa checklist...again...?

..But truly...

Nigel, Matt, Milton, and all creative contributors.....it's fellows like you that really push the possibilities of what "should be" a simple relaxing pastime, and instead present us with an interactive aviation dialogue that is most often simply sublime.

As a child, I never thought we'd see desk top flight simulators of this quality, at home, on the desktop....in my lifetime. Thanks for making it happen you guys.

I'm left in amazement on a daily basis.

Blog Entries
    Magoo, it IS a simple, relaxing pastime my friend.

Your sentiments don't fall on deaf ears either.

I believe the fundamental objective for most of us is to creatively enhance the perception of realism during flying to the best of our abilities. Obviously, we all have personal preferences for the 'ideal', if such a thing exists.

Like yourself, I like nothing better than to crawl inside a cockpit with worn out seats, coffee stains, scratched paint and a scribbled flightplan stuck somewhere handy with gum.

But don't forget - this is a new aircraft being wheeled out of the factory and its still early days.

Join us for a few thousand hours in and out of dodgey bushstrips, quick turnarounds, and some good old wear 'n tear from the gang and I reckon it could become home, sweet home!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "