Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 40
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30323334353637383940414243444546474850 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1437

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

The sounds are just awesome, I agree. Thank you again Nigel for all the variants too.
    You might also check the for alternate sounds for the Amazon River area, birds appropriate for the region, versus the Alaska sounds.
    Go find a nice fishing spot, shut her down and enjoy the environment. Some pretty impressive bird sounds to make the fish bite better.

Meanwhile, back in trenches .... working on the VC and cabin of the Avia 57. This one will be a bit different inside. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Ahh, there she is. Nice Milton. :salute:

Charter Member 2016
    That's a gorgeous airplane, mr. Shupe! I can't wait to fly her!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Rolling along well it looks, Milton. I pop in now and then to get the latest 'scoop'.
    Currently testing the amphib. What a belching beast. Love the sounds Nigel!
    Nice job everyone!

Getting her loaded up for a lengthy hop (roughly 38 destinations)

She's a bit large for my destinations and facilities, but I need the added cargo space for supplies while in AK.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Rolling along well it looks, Milton. I pop in now and then to get the latest 'scoop'.
    Currently testing the amphib. What a belching beast. Love the sounds Nigel!
    Nice job everyone!

Getting her loaded up for a lengthy hop (roughly 38 destinations)

She's a bit large for my destinations and facilities, but I need the added cargo space for supplies while in AK.
    Hey Man, great to see you around and glad you like the latest.
    I wanted the chance to complement you on that radial - beautiful job indeed!

I know you're very into X now, but let's see you more often here too.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thanks Nigel. It was an enjoyable venture, the Avia. I wound up getting jet lag due to the project stalling there for a while. Anxiety in the fingers and in search of something to do, my plate got pretty full all at once.
    I've been told 'patience is a virtue'. Not me. I'll walk instead of wait for the bus!

I like the looks of the latest endeavor. That BIG radial in that massive cowl is impressive. The belching sounds are perfect!
    That one is an easy one to get to like for sure.

New Avia 51 Float and Amphib Textures

Hmmm, seems I forgot to upload these two textures. :-/ Will try to take care of that today.

EDIT: These two textures, updated sounds and docs have been uploaded. Simply copy paste all the folders to the Float and Amphib folders and update the aircraft.cfg in each for the new textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hmmm, seems I forgot to upload these two textures. :-/ Will try to take care of that today.

EDIT: These two textures, updated sounds and docs have been uploaded. Simply copy paste all the folders to the Float and Amphib folders and update the aircraft.cfg in each for the new textures.

Uh huh... see how you are, Milton? I thought for sure I was going to have to get Nigel drunk enough on ouzo that he would eventually just give me those Olympic Flame textures.

The repaints are sweeeet! Thanks for uploading them... they are already available in the library... (that was fast!). BTW, It's a bit OT, but I eventually got the '56' Amphib out of the water, after much "tail wagging" and "wing wiggling" :isadizzy: . It was raining like crazy and surprisingly, the '56' was pretty easy to get through all of those heroics and back on terra firma.

:ernae: -- BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Uh huh... see how you are, Milton? I thought for sure I was going to have to get Nigel drunk enough on ouzo that he would eventually just give me those Olympic Flame textures.
    darn it we were waiting for you to say to him "Nigel, ο φίλος μου, Ολυμπιακή φλόγα παρακαλώ"
    to which being the great buddy he is he would graciously reply: "με το ποδήλατόσας!", just kidding he'd say "ναι ενταξει"

what?! i'm just keeping y'all on your toes...

... snipped ... BTW, It's a bit OT, but I eventually got the '56' Amphib out of the water, after much "tail wagging" and "wing wiggling" :isadizzy: . It was raining like crazy and surprisingly, the '56' was pretty easy to get through all of those heroics and back on terra firma.

:ernae: -- BB686:USA-flag:
    Wind is key, and you can also vary the prop pitch to help get her moving.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

In the folder for the amphib in the FSX folder the cfg and air file is for the 56 not the 51. Anyone else have this??
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Current Status of Avia Upload Links

Thought this may help folks find the goodies :-)

Avia 51 and 156
    FSX Port-Over
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...33&linkid=5266

FS9 Avia 51 and 156
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5267

FS9/FSX Avia 51 Float Amphibian Package
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5555

FS9 Avia 51 Float and Amphib Updates
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=5718

Avia 56 4-Pak (Wheels, Floats, Amphib, Skis)

FS9/FSX: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5698

Avia 57 WIP
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just redownloaded the 51 float package and come up with the same FSX change folder in the amphib as stated earlier. the straight floats have the right cfg and air file, can they be used in the amphib?

Wind is key, and you can also vary the prop pitch to help get her moving.
    Come to think of it, I had dialed in a good 12 knot wind for the little thunderstorm I created to fly the '56' in. And you're right about the prop pitch. Just gotta make sure the wind is at me back, and I'm not trying to fly into it. :isadizzy:

Sorry, Matt... my Greek is not really good. lol!

BB686:USA-flag:

Sorry, Matt... my Greek is not really good. lol!

as long as you can say 'Ouzo?' thats fine with me

speaking of which... it's 1734GMT.... Ouzo o'Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    as long as you can say 'Ouzo?' thats fine with me

speaking of which... it's 1734GMT.... Ouzo o'Clock
    Or as we say, across the pond.... "Beer Thirty"

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    In the folder for the amphib in the FSX folder the cfg and air file is for the 56 not the 51. Anyone else have this??

Yes, I have that in the original folder upload as well. My apologies.

Attached is a replacement. The Float FDE will not work as the contact points do not have the wheels set in them.

EDIT: I also uploaded the fix to the library for other FSX port over users.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Easter Tap, tap, tapping...what's this?

Strange thing happened to me very late, last night.

I was doing the late-night rounds when my attention was drawn to a constant tap-tap-tapping sound coming from one of 'our' hangars.

Cheb?

Not yet I'm afraid, still much work in progress, with electricians. plumbers and builders very busy.

No this was 'another' regular haunt where there's always something of interest going on.

But at midnight+?
    I was both baffled and curious.
    So I decided to take a look...

Then I got the shock of my life...
    a familiar and beloved figure to all of us, silhouetted by a dim light crouching over part of an aircraft I immediately recognized as an Avia 51 Amphibian (but at this time of the night?).

Attachment 62644 Attachment 62645

"Milton, Sir?..."
    "Oh, hello Nigel"

His hand deftly made a long unhurried stroke accross the alloy ending with a firm pat as one would caress a thoroughbred race-horse.

"Is that the New Zealand 'Seaplane Safaris' and the Greek 'Olympic Flame' Sir?"
    (I regretted my idiotic statement of the obvious before even completing the question).

He politely refrained from answering, and continued busily about his task.
    I finally realized his purpose when a stack of official documents caught the diffiused light as Milton moved his way around the airframe.

"Surely you're not going to release now Milton, it's Easter!"..."Shouldn't you be relaxing or taking things a bit easy Sir?"
    "I am!"
    was his monolectic reply - a skill and economy with words I seem totally incapable of.

"Nigel, are you sure these floats are correctly boxed?"
    I'll check...anything else... umm engines for example?

"No just the floats...and could you please turn on the landing lights of those two parked aircraft, it's dark out here."

Attachment 62641 Attachment 62640

"Wow! the Avia 57...Gee Milton, that's one heck of a dreamship...can I take her up for a circuit....please?"

"Nigel, you spent all yesterday afternoon flying it - now is neither the time or the place...just the lights."

"Okay, better make some coffee then Sir."

And so, there he worked until early dawn...busily tapping, adjusting, polishing and packaging.

?Attachment 62639 Attachment 62638

Gentlemen: The Avia 51 Amphibian 'export' version- New Zealand 'Seaplane Safaris' in honour of our fine New Zealand pilots and the Greek 'Olympic Flame' bringer of friendship and goodwill.

Milton: Many, many thanks for this great ship.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Yes, I have that in the original folder upload as well. My apologies.

Attached is a replacement. The Float FDE will not work as the contact points do not have the wheels set in them.

EDIT: I also uploaded the fix to the library for other FSX port over users.
    Thank you fo the quick reply and fix

Blog Entries
    BB686, Matt; okay you pair of aviation pirates - welcome aboard 'Olympic Flame'

Prefered bev; Ouzo 12... (on the house)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries

Avia 51 sounds

On a more serious note - this release includes the very latest refinements to the '51's sound envelope.

Following the release of the Avia 56 it was felt that the '51 still had room for improvement of exterior sounds.

It is now also truly amphibious and the soundset update covers all versions of the amazing Avia 51.
    So for those conscious of storage space - 1 soundset applies for all Avia 51 models.

We try to include as wide variety of sounds as possible within all of these packages, so please take time to experiment with power settings and enjoy exploring what is intended to enrichen your flight enjoyment.

Happy flying.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Nigel
    ...experiment with power settings...
    Experiment...?

What is there to experiment with...? They've only got two settings....don't they...?

....On...off....

You know......all the way back....all the way forward...?

...ummm...

...there's something in between...?

Oh.....I see.

Well.....anyway....never mind the spare engine crates.

Very, very impressive sounds, Nigel. (And too...) best paint possible, very evocative.

Do you have any background in arts, graphics, maybe commercial art..? Maybe advanced scale modeling..? One doesn't knock off creative work like this on a sudden whim....I'm just amazed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Experiment...?

What is there to experiment with...? They've only got two settings....don't they...?

....On...off....

You know......all the way back....all the way forward...?

...ummm...

...there's something in between...?

Oh.....I see.

Well.....anyway....never mind the spare engine crates.

Very, very impressive sounds, Nigel. (And too...) best paint possible, very evocative.

Do you have any background in arts, graphics, maybe commercial art..? Maybe advanced scale modeling..? One doesn't knock off creative work like this on a sudden whim....I'm just amazed.
    Lol!
    Okay Magoo my friend - now there you have me on all accounts!

All I will say, is this;
    A long time, many, many moons ago, as a student of Art & Design, I had the great privilege
    of studying next to 'Ken' from Vancouver, BC.

He was a giant of a man, had a heart of gold, a humour the size of canada itself, and a hearty, contagious laugh that would echo around the walls of any valley the size of Stewart.

He amused us with tales of bears larger than life, mountains that dwarfed our puny English hills, salmon the size of basking sharks, and giants of men who would dwarf good old Goliath.

Well Magoo; I can't speak for the bears, have only ever seen the mountains from FS and only get to see paper-thin slices of salmon down here in Greece.

But of one thing I am certain; He wasn't kidding about the Giants!

And you Sir are one of them.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

I couldn't help but notice in those photos... you had Milton's Avia 57 parked next to the fence. Me wonders if he knows you have it. I recognise those big tires, and that clean three engine airframe design in a minute. You best hurry along and get that plane back into the hangar, mate. Especially before Matt sees it sitting there. You'll wake up the next morning with buckets of aeroplane paint at the doorstep... and the cash on delivery bill to boot. By the way Nigel... thank you for your excellent painting on the '51' Amphibian... the New Zealanders thank you too!

Members who have read this thread: 70