Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 34
Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24262728293031323334353637383940414244 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

ahh.... go for it Nigel, you just guessed one of my ideas with maori tribal emblems and such on.... i'll pass the baton to you with that one... flow with it buddy, thats the trick to painting.... flow with it, plus the 7 P's... (Proper planning and preparation prevents p*ss poor performance (or in this case latter can be substituted with 'paints'))

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Ahh yes! Matt's civil textures are just the job, much better than the military version.

Now, ...where'd I put those Maori - Kiwi designs?...Pete?, Wing?...

Oh yeah a Kiwi design

If you're doing a Koru design ( like the Air NZ aircraft ) then the design fits on the fin/rudder.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Okay, this one was a bit more agreeable with less fighting than the float version.

Textures are temporary.

Now to work on the FSX side.
    Well Milton,

All I can say is thanks for making the Avia 51 in straight floats and amphibious floats. :salute: I think I find much use for this aircraft, in the Pacific Northwest Region, when I need more redundancy for failures than an Avia 56 floater. Also, I just think that a Tri-motor on floats is far cooler than a single motor aircraft.

Thanks again,
    Craig :-) :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very kind buddy, but I can only handle one version

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    ahh.... go for it Nigel, you just guessed one of my ideas with maori tribal emblems and such on.... i'll pass the baton to you with that one... flow with it buddy, thats the trick to painting.... flow with it, plus the 7 P's... (Proper planning and preparation prevents p*ss poor performance (or in this case latter can be substituted with 'paints'))
    Hang on, not so fast Matt...

three '51's survived old buddy (001, 002, 003).

As you probably already know, all three aircraft were shipped to Spain during the Spanish Civil War.

001, 002 were unscathed during hostilities and were duly rescued by a wealthy American businessman with aspirations of starting up a small network back in the States. However the outbreak of WW2 soon forced changes upon the Gentleman's plans when he was approached by the U.S. Navy regarding his aviation knowledge and knack for getting things done.

Both aircraft were subsequently sold off into private hands;
    001 was taken to Alaska, 002 to the Amazon area..Brazil, as far as we can establish.

003 was severely damaged when its hangar was bombed (Milton kindly supplied me with newspaper clippings).

Till now, we were all under the impression that this was end-of-story.

Not so, I'm afraid - a knowledgeable aviation historian (who stressed his personal wish to remain anonymous), has since revealed the full story of 003:

"Following ceasfire in Spain, the owner of a cargo freighter on a regular Mediterranean commercial route, became interested in the remains of 003. So the wreckage was loaded aboard the old freighter bound for Piraeus.
    Unfortunately, there it further deteriorated over five or more years, till spotted by a homeward bound New Zealand fighter pilot at the end of European hostilities.

He bought the wreckage as scrap, crated it for NZ, then spent his spare time, over a span of sixty years, lovingly restoring the Avia 51 (003) to its former glory.

Reaching completion in 2012, it is to be test-flown at the capable hands of his son and team of volunteers."

So it appears we still have two other very interesting aircraft desparately in need of an expert's coat of paint!

Alaska.

Amazon.

Milton has the details re: Reg etc, etc.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Avia 51 Amphibian and Float Aircraft Uploaded

Just finished uploading these water friendly aircraft to broaden your access to fishing holes and water ports.

Great fun for those who like to explore the shorelines, bays and coves of the world.

FSX Port Over friendly with updates packaged with the aircraft.

You must have the original Avia 51 release as the panel is aliased to it.

I hope you enjoy these offerings.

Paint schemes are the same as the original release by Oleboy and Matt Wynn.

EDIT: Clear for Takeoff: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5555
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

A tri-radial powered float plane...now that is right down the middle of my alley! Will have to add that to my hangar for sure.

Thanks for all the wonderful new planes Milton...you are model making master.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Milton,

Thanks for uploading the floating models! I really do appreciate it! By the way, where is Nigel's Spanish Civil War livery uploaded? I can't seem to find in the skins library..

Cheers, :salute:
    Craig :-)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    Hi Milton,

Thanks for uploading the floating models! I really do appreciate it! By the way, where is Nigel's Spanish Civil War livery uploaded? I can't seem to find in the skins library..

Cheers, :salute:
    Craig :-)
    Open the Avia 51 in FS. You should see it there as English and TA-003.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Avia 51 Float and Amphibian Are Ready for Downloads

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry to throw a spanner, but...problems with Avia 51 FSX port-over. The screenshot is in VC. It's there in the 2D in Fwd Left/Right which are, in this model, also VC views.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/.../401526574.jpg

I've been flying the FS9 version all week without this problem so I don't think it can be my vid card settings etc.
    I just wondered if anyone else had this.

Great planes, Milton and team! Love them all right back to FS2002 days.

John

No problem John. Looks like the old VC Rain issue. What you see there is the inside window panes used by the vc rain textures that are supposed to be transparent.

Did you apply the VC Rain fix?
    Have you flown the other Avia 51's in the rain?
    Do you get this effect on a clear wx day?

These aircraft appear fine for me in the rain in FSX from the VC as seen in the attachments, rain or sunshine.

EDIT: Just checked my other aircraft with VC Rain feature and I do not get moving raindrops in the VC in FSX. Not sure why that is. I would like to hear from other FSX port over users to see if moving rain works for them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For the FSX Port Over users who have the VC Rain issue, you can replace your models in the model folders with the attached. I removed the VC Rain feature.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No problem John. Looks like the old VC Rain issue. What you see there is the inside window panes used by the vc rain textures that are supposed to be transparent.

Did you apply the VC Rain fix?
    Have you flown the other Avia 51's in the rain?
    Do you get this effect on a clear wx day?
    Thanks, Milton. Sorry for the slow response.

The VC Rain Fix? Err.....nope! What is it? Where to find?
    I get the same blue windscreen with VC in both Avias, and all models in the rain.
    No problem in CAVOK conditions.

Thanks for posting new versions. I'll install and report.

John

UPDATE
    Both the float and amphibian are fine in the rain in FSX. Could do with reverse thrust though ....only way I could stop was to cut engines.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    Thanks, Milton. Sorry for the slow response.

The VC Rain Fix? Err.....nope! What is it? Where to find?
    I get the same blue windscreen with VC in both Avias, and all models in the rain.
    No problem in CAVOK conditions.

Thanks for posting new versions. I'll install and report.

John

UPDATE
    Both the float and amphibian are fine in the rain in FSX. Could do with reverse thrust though ....only way I could stop was to cut engines.

John

FSX left out the textures for the VCRain feature. If you search the FSX forum, you will find the fix to install.

The models I posted eliminate the vc rain featire for the float and amphib versions only.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, Many thanks for the rain fix tip. I don't fly FSX much but wondered how the Avia planes would port over. I'm glad I experimented but I'll be sticking to good 'ole FS9 for most of my flying.
    Thank also for the two beautiful float and amphibian Avia 51s. Great stuff!

John

You are welcome John. Well, if you love these aircraft as we do, you "ain't seen nuttin' yet.

We have some awesome stuff coming at you soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    You are welcome John. Well, if you love these aircraft as we do, you "ain't seen nuttin' yet.

We have some awesome stuff coming at you soon.
    Bump!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Bump!
    "Don't do that to me man... 'specially when stood on Mt. Olympus"

more Avias pushed into hangar for tonights work...

i have no idea what we could use this one for.......

Attachment 61153

Dang....you sure that plane wasn't built by DeHavilland Canada, or Noordyn in Cartierville...? I can see it going north loaded with drill bits, canned beans, outboard motors, Pratt&Whitney parts, flying south filled with fish and a pair of Moose antlers strapped to one float.

question is... do you wait for a more pristine Rescue aircraft or take your chances with this lovely Avia?

Attachment 61179

Blog Entries
    question is... do you wait for a more pristine Rescue aircraft or take your chances with this lovely Avia?

Attachment 61179
    Didn't know you were 'there' old boy!

Strike a light! Caught in yer slipstream. Maniac Kid!

I aint taking any chances, much prefer Matt's LOVERLY new GEM!
    Never know when an expert rescue team will be needed.

Exxxxtra nice one buddy! Hang in there, I'm formating on ya!

Put down together, demo style!

You first...

Attachment 61180

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Looking Good Nigel!

Milton, will throw over what i have shortly (Trans-Canadian, Alaskan Bush Services and RESCUE 01), and i'm still not done.... Camouflage next up!

Nigel.... perhaps we should get a dock set up and all these lovely AVIAs moored up Ai style?....

Blog Entries
    Looking Good Nigel!

Milton, will throw over what i have shortly (Trans-Canadian, Alaskan Bush Services and RESCUE 01), and i'm still not done.... Camouflage next up!

Nigel.... perhaps we should get a dock set up and all these lovely AVIAs moored up Ai style?....

That's the best idea I've heard this side of Christmas!

The dock is vital! Not everyone can afford the Amphibian and just have the Floats.
    A kind 'Gentleman' has recommended among other extraordinarily beautiful locations;

'Stewart' CZST'
    Nice quiet place (real place has float facilities) see Google Earth.
    Fishing's awesome too!
    Not much in FS, so plenty of scope.

We do this 50-50 buddy, split the proceeds down the middle!

Then, get the kind Gentleman who painstakingly put this 'superfly' together;
    blotto!

Edit: can't wait to see the other paints...!!!
    Cammo...Yeah!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

ok heres Rescue Zero-One in sim..... onto camo we go!